Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs?

Road BA is worse, but pitching is better. Also consider that Youk is hitting around the Mendoza line on the road, so he may want to sit out some games in the PO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxinBoston. Show SoxinBoston's posts

Game three   Lackey vs Porcello         Boston wins

---

I would never pencil a win in for Lackey no matter what.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

yes it matters because john henry will make more money so he'll be able to afford theo's expensive FA blunders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I agree it makes more of a difference in who you play. Detroit or Texas. CJ Wilson has been death for us .143 ERA in 17 games against us....4-1, and 3 saves, 3 holds as a reliever. Verlander has been great this year but his Career ERA against us is in the low 3's. If we face Wilson and Texas, Beckett should be the Starter against him, so that Tek is batting vs the lefty, rather than Salty...If we face Verlander and the Tigers, than Lester should start game 1 so that Salty is facing the righty rather than Tek. To me Beckett and Lester are interchangeble so we might as well make the decision on what would be the best lineup.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]yes it matters because john henry will make more money so he'll be able to afford theo's expensive FA blunders.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Yazzer, for such an avowed lefty, you sure do ascribe to the GWB/Karl Rove method of propaganda:  take an oversimplified attack, turn it into a smug soundbite, and repeat it over and over again with as little nuance and factual evidence to back it as possible.  Karl would be proud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Whom we play in the ALDS is akin to pick your poision...All are formitable and I'm not sure it matters whom we play and or frankly where...the team that shows up and plays it's best ball will prevail. None of the four have a decided advantage over the other...Verlander is pitching great, but October has a way of changing ones perceptions, just Ask CC in 2007 and then go back and ask the same questions in of him 2009...

Sortable Batting
    RKTEAMGPABRH2B3BHRTBRBIAVGOBPSLGOPS
    1Boston13547377291328285291702181702.280.350.460.811
    2NY Yankees13445647321224220311882070713.268.348.454.801
    3Texas13747656891313267271612117650.276.333.444.778
    4Detroit13646326141251235251311929586.270.333.416.749

Sortable Pitching

RKTEAMGPWLERASVCGSHOIPQSERRBBSOBAA
    1LA Angels13673633.573211101231.282489528386895.254
    2Tampa Bay13574613.582512131207.084480511414949.236
    3NY Yankees13481533.6936571200.072492538396990.254
    4Oakland13660763.7233471217.277503576459980.251
    5Chicago Sox13468663.79375121214.078511546358985.253
    6Seattle13558773.85341291197.181512555378904.249
    7Boston13583523.87332121213.266522565422987.242
    8Texas13777603.89329161220.182528591398960.249
    9Cleveland13368653.9232241201.075523576356844.258
    10Detroit13675614.15434111206.075556608422923.260

What's probably the most glaring stat of all is the Tigers who play in a pitchers park surrender more runs than the Sox and Rangers who both play in hitters parks but it also speaks to how good their lineup is too...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : Yazzer, for such an avowed lefty, you sure do ascribe to the GWB/Karl Rove method of propaganda:  take an oversimplified attack, turn it into a smug soundbite, and repeat it over and over again with as little nuance and factual evidence to back it as possible.  Karl would be proud.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Show me a politician who doesn't do this, left or right. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : Yazzer, for such an avowed lefty, you sure do ascribe to the GWB/Karl Rove method of propaganda:  take an oversimplified attack, turn it into a smug soundbite, and repeat it over and over again with as little nuance and factual evidence to back it as possible.  Karl would be proud.

Not too get politcal....but that approach is much more common of the political left in thsi country than it is from Karl Rove and the political right

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : Not too get politcal....but that approach is much more common of the political left in thsi country than it is from Karl Rove and the political right
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

fair enough.  But Yazzer is still the GWB of this board.  Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE] The home field advantage doesn't matter. What matters is who you face.  Assuming that Texas finishes with a better record than Detroit (a fair thought), the AL East winner faces Detroit, while the AL wild card winner faces Texas. I would much rather face Detroit than Texas. A Detroit-Boston series is guaranteed to go like this: Game one     Verlander vs Beckett     Detroit wins                                        Game two     Sherzer vs Lester          Boston wins Game three   Lackey vs Porcello         Boston wins Game four     Beckett vs Verlander     Detroit wins Game five     Sherzer vs Lester          Boston wins series           Also, I'm afraid of how well Texas has played against us the past few years. I'm also confident that the Yankees would quickly dispose of Texas in a playoff series, making for a Sox-Yankees ALCS.                           
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]
    Why would Detroit go with Rick Porcello (5.01 ERA in 26 GS) in Game 3 when the Tigers have Doug Fister (3.26 ERA in 27 GS, including a 2.97 ERA in 6 GS since being traded to Detroit)? 

Fister shut out the Red Sox over 5.2 innings enroute to a Seattle win at Fenway Park on April 30.

The Red Sox chances certainly improve if the Tigers don't go with their best starters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

hey spaceman,

i despise georgie w.; but you have to admit, theo does remind one of the infamous georgie. arrogant and not even aware of his own stupidity.
    more than anything, i want theo boy to take the cubs' job.
    my only question is WHY DO THE CUBS WANT HIM?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : fair enough.  But Yazzer is still the GWB of this board.  

not true. i can speak english, form complete sentences, never went awol from the service. one thing georgie could do better than most was dodge thrown shoes.
    i know you have a soft spot for theo einstein, spaceman, but don't let it blind you to the fact that the man is a fool.
    in fact, based on your love for theo, i'm gonna pronounce you the barbara bush of this board. her resemblance to george washington is uncanny.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : hey spaceman, i despise georgie w.; but you have to admit, theo does remind one of the infamous georgie. arrogant and not even aware of his own stupidity. more than anything, i want theo boy to take the cubs' job. my only question is WHY DO THE CUBS WANT HIM?

The Cubs want him because they understand that a. the big money free agent game is always dicey, and even the best GMs crap out on a few, and b. the big money free agent game is a small portion of what a GM's job description.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : fair enough.  But Yazzer is still the GWB of this board.  

You can say what you want about GWB, but he never claimed to visit 57 states, & as for the blunder Obama made yesterday GWB would never be that stupid. By the way the left gets yazzer the right gets softy who wins that one

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : hey spaceman, i despise georgie w.; but you have to admit, theo does remind one of the infamous georgie. arrogant and not even aware of his own stupidity. more than anything, i want theo boy to take the cubs' job. my only question is WHY DO THE CUBS WANT HIM?
    I'm guessing because his resume includes two World Series championships, which not too many current GMs can claim.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : You can say what you want about GWB, but he never claimed to visit 57 states, & as for the blunder Obama made yesterday GWB would never be that stupid. By the way the left gets yazzer the right gets softy who wins that one
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]

and the kkk probably gets you as a member.
    btw, tea-partyist, georgie wasn't even the president, lon cheney was.
    georgie was just a puppet, kind of like 'coma.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Playoff intensity and season intensity are equal. Smart, Roy, real smart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : and the kkk probably gets you as a member. btw, tea-partyist, georgie wasn't even the president, lon cheney was. georgie was just a puppet, kind of like 'coma.
    I'm in  the KKK, what a joke  you do know that the tea party is pretty much anti Bush since he is a moderate  & pro immigration know your politics  like Space & Lloyd even if i disagree with them they have a good understanding of what they are talking about but you want to come here & rant & rave

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : kind of funny, genius, that when georgie was president(puppet) i didn't hear much from the k (er) tea partyists. however, they became quite vocal after a black man was voted in. coincidence? i think not. yes it matters.
    Yazzer there was no tea party till after Obama was elected president

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : I'm not going to concede that if the Red Sox draw the Tigers that Verlander is going to win both games against Beckett. In the regular season, those two went against each other and split. Beckett was a bit better in the first game that the Sox won, 4-3. He allowed 1 run in six innings and allowed five hits. He got a no-decision. Verlander went eight innings and allowed three runs on six hits. In the second start, Verlander was better, going 7.2 innings with no runs and four hits. The Tigers won 3-0. Beckett went six innings and allowed two runs. Verlander obviously will be tough, but with Beckett pitching, I don't think they're automatic losses.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
     But it weighs off, because Porcello and Scherzer are not automatic wins. I meant that we have a good probability of making to the ALCS if we face the Tigers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : Yaz there was no tea party till after Obama was elected president
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]

Please refrain from addressing him as Yaz it's an insult to one of the greatest Sox of all time and not befitting his current standing on teh this board! LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : Why would Detroit go with Rick Porcello (5.01 ERA in 26 GS) in Game 3 when the Tigers have Doug Fister (3.26 ERA in 27 GS, including a 2.97 ERA in 6 GS since being traded to Detroit)?  Fister shut out the Red Sox over 5.2 innings enroute to a Seattle win at Fenway Park on April 30. The Red Sox chances certainly improve if the Tigers don't go with their best starters.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
     Forgot about him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : Please refrain from addressing him as Yaz it's an insult to one of the greatest Sox of all time and not befitting his current standing on teh this board! LOL!
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

well, you're moniker is perfect. i can almost smell your musical fruit aroma from here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : Yaz there was no tea party till after Obama was elected president
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]

according to a tea party official, there was; but, i agree with you. there was no tea party until a black president was elected.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does It Matter if the Sox Have Home Field Advantage in Playoffs? : well, you're moniker is perfect. i can almost smell your musical fruit aroma from here.

Hey Yazzer...

please enlighten me on what in the name of _____ did you mean with the above statement?

My moniker and musical friut aroma? Do tell, I can't wait to hear this one...