1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Does Latino = Cheater?

You left out Braun - The Hebrew Hammer.  I'm guessing he's not Latin.  and Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire.   and what was the name of the former closer the Sox picked up in 2007 for the stretch run - Eric Gagne?  Funny last name but I don't think it's Latin.

and if we go beyond Baseball, does the name Lance Armstrong mean anything to you, or the American cyclist that took Olympic gold a few years ago and got stripped.  Marion Jones.  And the other American Sprinter that just got banned for track.

and if you are talking about cheating in general, did you hear about the big cheating scandal at Harvard.  There could have been a few latins, but im guessing most weren't.

certainly a lot of Dominicans have been caught,but Im guessing its because they come from the same system and not because of their last name.  

the 3 biggest dopers in sports are 100% American, and 2 of them are white.  But you go ahead and point the finger at the latins.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

TCAL, you call ALL latins cheaters and feint innocence when you are called out.  You're worse than a dee bag.

You’re reading to deeply into the headline.  If the original post wasn't deleted you would of seen I added Danny Almonte to the list just to lighten it up a bit.  Are kids in these countries being exploited and encouraged to take drugs by their families or agents?  Somethings going on.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I agree with the sheriff, the headline is offensive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

You’re reading to deeply into the headline.  If the original post wasn't deleted you would of seen I added Danny Almonte to the list just to lighten it up a bit.  Are kids in these countries being exploited and encouraged to take drugs by their families or agents?  Somethings going on.

seems like a legit question to me

I did not see the OP

but IMO the tittle question is only offensive to those looking to be offended

rather than debate it

don't know much about the other countries but

people have been talking about the high rate of usage from the DR for years

I guess your crime Tcal is you are profiling

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

seems like a legit question to me

I did not see the OP

but IMO the tittle question is only offensive to those looking to be offended

rather than debate it

don't know much about the other countries but

people have been talking about the high rate of usage from the DR for years

I guess your crime Tcal is you are profiling

How about these for headlines:

Does Italian = Mafia?

Does Jewish = Cheapskate?

Does Muslim = Terrorist?

Does Homosexual = Child Molester?

Again, I didn't see the OP, but if tcal wanted to engage in discussion, he could have led with "Why are 11 of the 12 players from Latin America?"  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You know how many Latinos are in professional baseball?

I don't, but I know it's a lot more than 12.

Equating Latino with cheater is very offensive and brands the hundreds of innocent Latinos with the few cheaters.

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

OP may have a point, but the headline IS racial profiling at its best

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They never remove threads anymore- just posts.

Sox4ever

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If you believe that "Latinos = Cheaters" then you believe that  Ted Williams was a cheater.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

If you believe that "Latinos = Cheaters" then you believe that  Ted Williams was a cheater.

He was just half a cheater, mojo.  

Kind of reminds me a Groucho Marx comment.  Groucho was at a swim club that didn't allow Jews in the pool.  In inquiring about his daughter he quipped, "She's only half Jewish.  How about if she goes in up to her waist?"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Equating Latino with cheater is very offensive and brands the hundreds of innocent Latinos with the few cheaters.

Sox4ever

It's a headline.  It's purposely sensationalized to draw attention.  I just wish the OP, which was a simple list of the 13 names plus one extra along with their birth country, was left up.  

If 12 out of 13 players are from a certain region then I'll make the leap and say that means a huge % of other players from that region are more then llikely doing the same thing.  I'm sure there are some very smart people in the Baseball front offices who have already had this discussion.

So what does this mean?  Should Baseball be spending money in this region to educate the kids?  Should agents be regulated?  Are there any regulations?  If there is a culture of kids pumping themselves with PED's then something needs to be done to stop it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

It's a headline.  It's purposely sensationalized to draw attention.  I just wish the OP, which was a simple list of the 13 names plus one extra along with their birth country, was left up.  

If 12 out of 13 players are from a certain region then I'll make the leap and say that means a huge % of other players from that region are more then llikely doing the same thing.  I'm sure there are some very smart people in the Baseball front offices who have already had this discussion.

So what does this mean?  Should Baseball be spending money in this region to educate the kids?  Should agents be regulated?  Are there any regulations?  If there is a culture of kids pumping themselves with PED's then something needs to be done to stop it.

[/QUOTE]

You're William Hearst now?

Try using solid content instead tabloid crap to generate interest.

We've already got one tabloid "writer" (and I use that term loosely).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I don't think a Political Mag is the best place to get unbiased info. but I'll scan the article later.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

tcal - you made a racist post.  The sad thing is, even after it's been pointed out to you, you refuse to accept it.  Do yourself a favor and stop trying to defend it because it makes you look worse.  And go find a class on racism. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

While the the title is sensational at best Latin players have suspended at a much higher rate than non-Latinos. I don't have an answer for that but it is clearly a problem.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

sorry I don't have a date for this read

but yes the OP had merit

Dominicans in Baseball
    Dominicans make up 10.7% of the 750 baseball players on the Major League Baseball rosters. A total of 79 Dominicans are on the rosters, but there are several more on the injured

Dominican Baseball and Steroids

Though it is difficult to ascertain exactly when the boom of steroid use among Dominican players began, steroid use amongst ballplayers from the Dominican Republic has been a major issue within Major League Baseball. According to a report by writer Tom Fish, over half of all players (57%) who tested positive for steroid usage were from the Dominican Republic. Accordingly, the DR leads the baseball world in suspended performance-enhancing drug users. Fish writes that “more than half of all pro baseball players who tested positive since the start of the 2005 season -- 169 of 289, or 58.5 percent -- hail from the Dominican Republic, and that includes major and minor leagues, as well as those who play in the Dominican and Venezuelan summer leagues.” Fish continues by explaining that of the 157 players suspended during this time, 37 (close to one-quarter) are from the Dominican Republic. And approximately 132 others have tested positive since 2005 in the 32-team Dominican Summer League, which generally features players just starting out in pro ball. They can't be suspended because of the country's labor laws.

how bout if he said

Does Latino plus aces = Cheater?

thirteen ACES clients out of the nineteen players linked to Biogenesis, equaling 68.4% of the accused group.

Now consider that 68.4% is several orders of magnitude greater than the percentage of total MLB players they represent. The agency database at mlbtraderumors.com has just 107 ACES clients of 1890 players in the database, or 5.7%.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2013/8/6/4592594/biogenesis-scandal-ACES-agency

Sections
Shortcuts