Doesn't someone have to get fired?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Doesn't someone have to get fired?

Doesn't someone need to get fired?  

I don't think I would have done much different in the off season.  I wouldn't give Salty a 3 year deal.  I wouldn't give Jacoby anything close to what he got in NY.  I wouldn't give Drew what he wanted.

But Middlebrooks, Bogaerts, and JBJ don't look ready for prime time.  I like moving Bogaerts to third - he just doesn't strike me a SS.  And I have no idea what to do about JBJ.

so I don't think this team is a contender even with a few changes.  But they aren't this bad.

Farrell doesn't look like a manager.  He isn't getting the best out of his players.  He seems challenged to put together a line up card and he seems not to know when to bunt (never).  

Does farrell last the year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Doesn't someone have to get fired?

Nah - winning the world series makes JF safe - they will just play out the contract next year if they are unhappy - things really have to go to heck for that to happen...

As always - 100% correct!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yes Larry Luchinno who wanted to save John Henry cash the year and suck in profits.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Haha..I was about to ask who would you fire? However..I like the Larry Luchinno suggestion...!

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think someone needs to be held accountable aside from the players. Many people predicted that the sox would struggle this year and suggested that they did not do enough in the offseason to remain an upper echelon team. While farrell isn’t responsible for how his players hit, he definitely has had his share of struggles. His situational game managing is pathetic whether its bunting or not bunting in the right situation or bring in the wrong pitcher in the wrong situation or all the mistimed steal attempts, they all add up. Oh and how can i forget, the 500 line ups he has used this year, the majority of which did not make sense to any person with slightest of baseball knowledge. But again, it all started in the offseason. The sox went into the season with way too many holes that were merely being patched up with band aids. Starting with the batting line up, there was major holes that needed to be filled. No lead off hitter, no #3 hitter, no speed threats and little depth from 1-9. What did they expect when they were starting guys like nava, gomes, carp, sizemore, bradley and pierzynski? But the biggest problem is the lack of a true leadoff hitter and middle of the order bat. Victorino and sizemore were the best options going into the season but victorino has been injure constantly and sizemore has not hit well at all. The middle of the order bat should have be acquired in the form of a LF. Counting on a 38 yr old DH and a power hitter who struggles to make contact, k’s a ton, and hits for a low avg to anchor your line up is crazy and is asking for failure. All the good teams have at least one, if not 2 guys that they can count on for rbi’s and clutch hits. We have 0. I was fine with letting ellsbury go, but you simply can’t let one of your best players leave and attempt to fill his spot with a rookie who didn’t even hit his weight last year in the majors. Im not saying I would have traded for a CF, as I’m fine with bradleys d in center. LF was were we could have added a big bat. Matt Kemp was mentioned as a target, Stanton has been the dream forever, one of those two would really help this team. Now lets talk pitching. Beyond lester, we had a rotation full of question marks. We had no clear cut #2 starter, buchholz has the talent, but he is the definition of inconsistent and has major durability issues, lackey was the closest but is 35 and is past his prime (more of a #3 at this point), peavy is not jake peavy of 5-6 years ago, he’s a #4 starter and has been pretty bad this year, and doubront is a #5 with potential to be a 3/4 but so far has not reached that potential and may never reach it at this point. Just way too many holes. Oh and one last thing to touch on and thats AJ Pierzynski. A lot of sox fans, myself included, were strongly against the signing. Why? His attitude and his reputation as a poor defensive catcher. He has certainly lived up to that this year and its pretty obvious that the pitchers don’t feel overly comfortable with him behind the plate. He’s not good at framing or blocking pitches and has a weak arm. But hey, maybe he will have some trade value when we start selling off players at the trade deadline. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Farrell needs to find a line up, and stick with it, IMO.  I know he has to make some changes due to platoons and injuries, but players are not getting the chance to become comfortable in a certain spot.  I thought Pedroia was doing pretty well in the lead off spot.  Not sure why Farrell didn't stick with that.

I am not a fan of the sac bunt, so pretty much every time that Farrell has chosen to go with it, I have disagreed with his decision.

As far as whether this team is or can be a contender or not, I still believe they are.  They weren't going to be as good as they were last year, but they aren't nearly as bad as how they've been playing lately.

At any rate, May is always too early to rule out a team with this much talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes Larry Luchinno who wanted to save John Henry cash the year and suck in profits.

[/QUOTE]We need to have an investigation to get to the bottom of this crash !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Farrell needs to find a line up, and stick with it, IMO.   

[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is when guys aren't hitting, a manager can't just keep trotting the same lineup out there.

This is on the players -- veterans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We need to have an investigation to get to the bottom of this crash !!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   Careful Bill. Whatever you say can be used against you. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Farrell needs to find a line up, and stick with it, IMO.  I know he has to make some changes due to platoons and injuries, but players are not getting the chance to become comfortable in a certain spot.  I thought Pedroia was doing pretty well in the lead off spot.  Not sure why Farrell didn't stick with that.

I am not a fan of the sac bunt, so pretty much every time that Farrell has chosen to go with it, I have disagreed with his decision.

As far as whether this team is or can be a contender or not, I still believe they are.  They weren't going to be as good as they were last year, but they aren't nearly as bad as how they've been playing lately.

At any rate, May is always too early to rule out a team with this much talent.

[/QUOTE]

What's his lineup? Who do you put in the OF?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doesn't someone need to get fired?  

I don't think I would have done much different in the off season.  I wouldn't give Salty a 3 year deal.  I wouldn't give Jacoby anything close to what he got in NY.  I wouldn't give Drew what he wanted.

But Middlebrooks, Bogaerts, and JBJ don't look ready for prime time.  I like moving Bogaerts to third - he just doesn't strike me a SS.  And I have no idea what to do about JBJ.

so I don't think this team is a contender even with a few changes.  But they aren't this bad.

Farrell doesn't look like a manager.  He isn't getting the best out of his players.  He seems challenged to put together a line up card and he seems not to know when to bunt (never).  

Does farrell last the year?

[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope not. The SOX need a real manager like Bobby Valentine, but a sane version.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Haha..I was about to ask who would you fire? However..I like the Larry Luchinno suggestion...!

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

[/QUOTE]

It appears Ben has already peaked as a GM. Luchinno is an idiot. Farrell couldn't manage a Taco Bell. When it comes to firing, start with those 3. Also, put the entire team on waivers, except for Uehara, and see if there's any hits, then go from there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Many people predicted that the sox would struggle this year and suggested that they did not do enough in the offseason to remain an upper echelon team.

Many people predict that the Red Sox will struggle every year.

We have these threads once a month, every single year.

Anyone want to pull up the Pumpsie thread from last May saying the season was over, just to see if we see the same names?