Domenic Brown?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Domenic Brown?

The Phills are currently shopping him. Now DB I would consider trading for. he still has 4 years of control and is a solid ballplayer who would fit in the Sox OF for a few years. Has power, but is LH and has questionable D. Splits are not great either. Probably not a fit, but Have to at least consider it and see what the PP would want in return...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Domenic Brown?

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Phills are currently shopping him. Now DB I would consider trading for. he still has 4 years of control and is a solid ballplayer who would fit in the Sox OF for a few years. Has power, but is LH and has questionable D. Splits are not great either. Probably not a fit, but Have to at least consider it and see what the PP would want in return...

[/QUOTE]

We'd probably have to take Papelbon back too. Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Brown is an enigma to me.  Looked like he was going to be a superstar.  All the tools.  Hasn't really gotten there.  Maybe his make-up, maybe he is what he is.  Either way, I can't imgagine he is an upgrade over anyone we currently have or is in the farm pipeline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I would love to have him southpaw, he's another young talented OF but with a world of power potential unlike JBJ or anyone on our farm.  He doesn't hit lefties well just yet but has a very strong upside. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Phillies are reportedly trying to sell high on Brown.  This means two things.

1. They are not giving him away cheaply.

2. They do not think his 2013 season is repeatable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Pass............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would love to have him southpaw, he's another young talented OF but with a world of power potential unlike JBJ or anyone on our farm.

[/QUOTE]

The potential is there and I kind of contradicted myself in my statement. I said he was a fit for our OF and the more I look at it, he might not be a good fit. If we could get him on the cheap, Id do it just for the control and potential. he hit 27HR last year, but fell of at the end of the year.

I know him from his time in Clearwater in the Phills system. Talked to him a lot because I lived right by the stadium and had free access from the radio station I worked at. Hes a good kid who had a good head on his shoulders. Humble too... Hopefully a little success didnt go to his head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

White Sox GM is at least listening on Chris Sale.  Reports also said Sale will cost much more than Price.  But we have the best farm and his contract is extremely team friendly until the end (2019).  Ben should at least knock on the door.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Living down here near Philly, this guy is not a good fielder as a corner OFer so he certainly could not hold up in CF as a fall back if Bradley struggles.

Without the ability to play CF (well) there is no need to trade for him from the Sox point of view.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I would love to have him southpaw, he's another young talented OF but with a world of power potential unlike JBJ or anyone on our farm.

The potential is there and I kind of contradicted myself in my statement. I said he was a fit for our OF and the more I look at it, he might not be a good fit. If we could get him on the cheap, Id do it just for the control and potential. he hit 27HR last year, but fell of at the end of the year.

I know him from his time in Clearwater in the Phills system. Talked to him a lot because I lived right by the stadium and had free access from the radio station I worked at. Hes a good kid who had a good head on his shoulders. Humble too... Hopefully a little success didnt go to his head.

I have always liked the kid and considering his age and the few young power options on the farm he may be worth the risk.  It depends on the price but our FO should take a serious look.  He and JBJ could be a nice way to bebuild out there.  I'm not sure if he is a pull hitter or otherwise but I also think Fenway has a shorter distance to the RF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Probably not a fit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If his D is questionable and his splits are not great? How do you think he's a (SOLID ) player?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brown is an enigma to me.  Looked like he was going to be a superstar.  All the tools.  Hasn't really gotten there.  Maybe his make-up, maybe he is what he is.  Either way, I can't imgagine he is an upgrade over anyone we currently have or is in the farm pipeline.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm curious to see what people think he'll do that we won't get out of Gomes/Nava.

If we're going to trade for someone, I'd like to see a material improvement somewhere.  But that's not what I am here for.  Suppose we had the following-

Nava (Phi) .303/.385/.445/.831 WAR 1.8

Brown (BRS) .272/.324/.494/.818 WAR 1.6

So, if Nava was currently on Philly, with better stats than Brown, would we be having threads about trying to acquire Nava from Philly?  The point being that Nava has been better than Brown for his career, better last year, a better fielder, nominally a Switchitter, and can play RF in a pinch.

Why would anyone want to trade for Brown to replace Nava?

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts