DONE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: DONE!

Look everyone, this is far from over.  As we all know, it was not over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The team's beat up.  They dug themselves into a hole to start the season.  Played their behind's off to get to first place - had a fantastic July.  They peaked too soon.

Now, they're beat up from playing so hard in June and July.

This is why you don't want a team playing their best in the middle of the season.   No team can play .700 over 162 games.  It's about playing their best at the end of the season.

Hopefully, Beckett's injury isn't too severe. Lester can find his game, Youk finds his form, and AGon gets back to hitting the long ball.

By the way, Crawford in 3 spot and Agon batting 5th is too funny.  The #3 spot is where you want your best pure hitter and that's AGON.  Yeah. let's reduce the number of plate appearances the best hitter in the AL gets per game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: DONE!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DONE! : hey sportsbozo, i'm bragging here, but it was i who invented the JD CRAWFORD tag. i'm very proud of it. thank you for making use of it.
    Posted by --theYazzer--[/QUOTE] Yasser I've never been in your household but if you want to lay claim to that description of Crappy Carl more power to you! Don't tell me you came up with Julio Scrubtaro or Jed Lugo before me also???? You now know why the pundints Call Adrian Gonzo the balls hit in his direction are gonzo to RF....By the way I'm a diehard Sox,Patriots,Celtics and even the Bruins fan of over 49 years in most of these teams cases...By the with all the fanfare cocerning SmEllsbury's great offensive numbers did anyone see him give away the game the other night when he refused to track the ball all the way too the LF wall? I love the kid but he's scared to death of either wall LF or RF. we are lucky to have ShaLackey moving into the 2nd slot in the rotation with Beckett's inpending vacation! Here comes Wakefield!!! You guys thought he was done,Huh!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to see a little lineup change: Ells Scu Crawford Pedroia AGon Youk Papi Salty/Tek/Lavarnway Reddick Crawford would be getting some good pitches to hit  ahead of Pedroia and would have the opportunity of having a runner on in front of him with Ells and Scu. If Ells and CC don't have the greenlight to create some havoc on the bases we are losing half of their value.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Yeah, put our hottest hitter up 7th..brilliant!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Look everyone, this is far from over.  As we all know, it was not over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor ...
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I don't know spaceman. I'm very scared right now. Any normal Sox fan would be petrified right now when ...

... On a board where posters are abandoning ship and throwing everyone under the bus, andrewmitch comes on as a voice of optimism and reason. Armegeddon must really be just around the corner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]Did he ever noticed that Boston played two best AL teams within six days periods? Come on, Yankees are playing no one except Boston within past 10 days.  After the Yankees playing Baltimore, the Yankees will not have much easier schedule.  Same goes to Boston. Wait until Yankees go on a road trip, and then we can see the standing. Quit worry already.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is the Red Sox are pretty much guaranteed a spot with a 7 game cushion at this point. If they do fail it is going to be unfortunate because Franconia will probably be the fall guy. Lack of pitching depth will kill you guy in the playoffs though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

I agree, DONE....Most overrated team we have seen in Boston since the '78 SuperSox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --theYazzer--. Show --theYazzer--'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DONE! : Yasser I've never been in your household but if you want to lay claim to that description of Crappy Carl more power to you! Don't tell me you came up with Julio Scrubtaro or Jed Lugo before me also???? You now know why the pundints Call Adrian Gonzo the balls hit in his direction are gonzo to RF....By the way I'm a diehard Sox,Patriots,Celtics and even the Bruins fan of over 49 years in most of these teams cases...By the with all the fanfare cocerning SmEllsbury's great offensive numbers did anyone see him give away the game the other night when he refused to track the ball all the way too the LF wall? I love the kid but he's scared to death of either wall LF or RF. we are lucky to have ShaLackey moving into the 2nd slot in the rotation with Beckett's inpending vacation! Here comes Wakefield!!! You guys thought he was done,Huh!!!
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

hey sports,

i apologize if you came up with jd crawford 1st. "crappy carl" i also like.
    may be hard to believe, but i love the red sox; it's their GM and MANAGER
    i dislike a lot!
    as for SLACKEY, i've always called him SLACKEY.
    i haven't called JENKS anything because i don't think he's on the team, although i know that THEO EINSTEIN paid him big bucks not to play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DONE! : I don't know spaceman. I'm very scared right now. Any normal Sox fan would be petrified right now when ... ... On a board where posters are abandoning ship and throwing everyone under the bus, andrewmitch comes on as a voice of optimism and reason. Armegeddon must really be just around the corner.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Yikes. and alibi ike is bucking up the troops.  Up is down, and down is up Roy.  Weeeeird.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --theYazzer--. Show --theYazzer--'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DONE! : Yikes. and alibi ike is bucking up the troops.  Up is down, and down is up Roy.  Weeeeird.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

sorry spaceman, but there won't be anymore UPS for the SOX; just a lot of DOWNS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Did he ever noticed that Boston played two best AL teams within six days periods? Come on, Yankees are playing no one except Boston within past 10 days.  After the Yankees playing Baltimore, the Yankees will not have much easier schedule.  Same goes to Boston. Wait until Yankees go on a road trip, and then we can see the standing. Quit worry already.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE] The spankees don't go on road trips. They have their longest road trip of the year coming up in September when they play in Texas, Cali and Seattle 9 games total and then they come right back to the friendly confines of Spnkee stadium II.They had no other road trip longer than 7 games. Friendly scheduling,cheating umpires how would anyone expect this team to ever lose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

"Friendly scheduling,cheating umpires how would anyone expect this team to ever lose."

That's rich.  Don't lose that sense of humor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

What the fcuk happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my azz from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]What the fcuk happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my azz from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

DEAD!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

JD DREW....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Spaceman's right.  Psychotic... but absolutely right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

We could fight the Yankees with conventional weapons, but that would take years and cost millions of lives.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

if enough people get off the bandwagon maybe next year i can get a ticket for under $150.  keep jumping people.  the team has a month to get back in stride.  playoffs dont start tomorrow.  dont worry about what the team in NY is doing.  pretty sure it's not a conspiracy.  not when the sox are 11-4 versus them.  sox are behind because their home record is....not as good as we expect it to be.  but then again the road record is better than we should ever expect.  they will win mid to upper 90's games - exactly what we expect them to do.  the team from NY will win about the same amount.  maybe more, maybe less.  they will both make the playoffs and at least this year if they are tied at season's end - the red sox will be the division winners. 
    so relax....pop open your beverage of choice....enjoy the rest of the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]
    And we're just the ones to do it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

May I have ten thousand marbles please?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Rivera has turned into a heart attack closer - clearly he has fallen behind Paplebon right now. Yanks will looking to sign Paps next year

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

"Hi, what is your major?'

"Primitive Cultures"

CUT TO OTIS DAY SINGING

that joke would not be written today...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts