DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THERE'S A SWEEP THIS WEEKEND.... FOR THE RAYS! OH NO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THERE'S A SWEEP THIS WEEKEND.... FOR THE RAYS! OH NO!

this is the kind of series the sawx live for. all hands and focus on deck. tito will rally the boys. i look for ells, pedy, ortiz, youk and reddick to run wild all over the the rays.. what dey gonna do brotha when the most powerful force in the universe comes together for revenge on them? i dont care how great their pitching is, sox can hit their way out of any deficiency and will. this team will come up big! the weilands and bards will step it up a notch as they willl in the playoffs. i'm not often often a blatant kookaid-drinking choir-singing homer but i have that special feeling in my pores about this one. SWEEP or 3 of 4. 

playoff chase unfortunately still wont be over for the sox will likely come down to baltimoron's level as the rays will step it up against the viundictive let's stick it to the sox yankees!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSFAN2. Show RSFAN2's posts

Re: DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THERE'S A SWEEP THIS WEEKEND.... FOR THE SOX!

I like your thinking and I hope your "feeling" is correct. However, starting pitcing stinks and the bats take every other day off. So maybe 2 of 4 if that many. Hope I'm eating crow, but don't under estimate Tampa. They really belive they can win the W/C. All the preasure is on Boston. They can go out there and have fun. After all, they are not the $180 million dollar team and they are suppose to lose. But if they over take the Sox in this race, it will be the end for Francona I'm afraid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yankees lose 4 in a row, Sox sweep, and the entire AL East is in flames!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fgug. Show fgug's posts

If Tampa takes the lead in the wild card, NO press people will blame Moron Francona. All year long , he has been given a pass with one stupid move, or no moves after another. The Redsox won two world series in spite of Francona. He is an uninspired seed eating bird who babies his players. Gonzalez to me is another Prima Diva. A tightness? I think everyone who works a job in this world experiences some tightness. Do we leave work because of it? If he had stayed in the game , maybe the throw Bard choked to first on the bunt would have been fielded. Lars played great filling in, but christ, 140 million to this guy? he has TWO home runs in Fenway since July 4th. he and Crawford can both go back to where they came from. Both are disappointments.
    Getting back to Francoma, he has NO CLUE how to handle his players, and no clue about how to steal a win. No small ball, hardly ever steals. I will tell you this, if tampa gets the lead by the end of this debacle, Francons DESERVES to be fired. PERIOD!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crawful. Show crawful's posts

good luck with that prediction. sox will be lucky to win 1.
    worst starting pitching and worst bullpen in the league at this point.

thank god the sox have CRAWFUL, or they'd be in 3rd place right now.

nice signing theo; you saved the SOX bacon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston should tie or win the series after they were embarrassed swept by Tampa last weekend.  Plus Joe Maddon made a statement telling everyone that Tampa will over-take Boston for the wildcard spot.  Time for Boston get get fire up and take tonite game seriously.  Tito got to play one of his best manage game of the year.  

With a win tonite, they ll win the series!!

Go Sox

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THERE'S A SWEEP THIS WEEKEND.... FOR THE SOX!:
    [QUOTE]Boston should tie or win the series after they were embarrassed swept by Tampa last weekend.  Plus Joe Maddon made a statement telling everyone that Tampa will over-take Boston for the wildcard spot.  Time for Boston get get fire up and take tonite game seriously.  Tito got to play one of his best manage game of the year.   With a win tonite, they ll win the series!! Go Sox
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    One of his best managed games???  When were the other best managed games?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Tonight is a reverse lock if I've ever seen one!  We win tonight in a route!  Weiland's performance will be irrelevent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--crawful. Show the--crawful's posts

i would definitely be surprised!
    as of late, the SOX have the worst starting pitching and the worst bullpen in the league.
    if the SOX can score at least 10 runs in each game, i believe they can sweep the rays.
    in reality, they will be lucky to win 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

If Sox lose tonight its Katie bar the door!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

I have to agree SWEEP would be highly unlikely especially for Sox.

We have plenty of injury concerns and the pitching matchups do not favor us.

Vs Helickson we need the LH bats of Ortiz and Gonzalez and not sure if they would be in the lineup tonight to back Weiland.

Not sure if Beckett would be in top form coming back from ankle sprain.

The Wakefield vs Price game would be the toughest for Sox to win based on recent form of Wakefield..

But hey its Baseball anything is possible..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If the roles were reversed I would not be holding out a lot of hope to win 4 and tie for the WC. Tampa has their work cut out for them.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

It will all come down to pitching and Ortiz, A-Gon, and Youkilis are not 100% healthy.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THERE'S A SWEEP THIS WEEKEND.... FOR THE SOX!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THERE'S A SWEEP THIS WEEKEND.... FOR THE SOX! : AS DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, TELL THAT COMMUNIST BARRRRSTAD TO LAYOFF  THE VODKA" !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]perhaps manny will show ip for extra motivation for the sox and to smack around the rays...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I can't drink that Coolaid this time ... Youk looks old and worn out there with his injuries, Gonzo and Papi nursing minor injuries ... I think just one game will be good enough, it keeps the Rays 2 back.  

Rays and Yanks have 7 more to play against each other ... that will help the Sox get in. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Sox should do just fine with taking 2 of those games... winning 3 would be remarkable... winning 4 would mean a playoff spot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I'll settle for a split which would be like these games were never played and the Sox and Rays are down to 10 games with a 4 game lead...I like those odds. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

In this team's current shape, they'll have a hard time beating anyone. It amazes me the degree of injuries to the ballclub over the last 2 seasons. Can't wait for this comedy to end on 9/28. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

The Rays have owned the Red Sox for a few years now. They are fighting for a playoff spot, while we swirl down the drain. A Rays sweep, 7 straight from the last series, would not surprise me in the least, especially with what we are calling a pitching staff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]The Rays have owned the Red Sox for a few years now. They are fighting for a playoff spot, while we swirl down the drain. A Rays sweep, 7 straight from the last series, would not surprise me in the least, especially with what we are calling a pitching staff.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Concern Troll. TB fan.
    http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=f1f73bbd4ae3988dc67e60457a63c9e6&plckUserId=f1f73bbd4ae3988dc67e60457a63c9e6

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Okay, Beacon...with the way we are playing right now, our health, our pitching staff, we should easily sweep the Rays. All indicators are there. Remain positive, don't ever express any negative opinion. And always call out anyone with a contrarian viewpoint as a troll, especially if you have been on this forum for four days.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, Beacon...with the way we are playing right now, our health, our pitching staff, we should easily sweep the Rays. All indicators are there. Remain positive, don't ever express any negative opinion. And always call out anyone with a contrarian viewpoint as a troll, especially if you have been on this forum for four days.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

If you:

Talk like a duck
    Walk like a duck
    Think like a duck
    Look like a duck
    Sound like a dduck

Then you are a duck

Substitute Yankee / TB fan for duck.

Sections
Shortcuts