Don't call me J.D. Beeyotch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Don't call me J.D. Beeyotch

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

When the Sox originally signed him I actually liked it quite a bit.  Iggy was a complete disaster at the plate and in the 3 years the Sox had him there were ZERO signs that he would finally get it.  People are also quick to forget that Iggy has not been able to stay on the field for a season because he has been injury prone.  The only issue I had was the $9.5 mil they signed him for.  I really thought it was way too much for a guy coming off a pretty major injury and who didn't end the season well when coming back from it.  I figured a "Napoli deal" would have been more appropriate.  With that said......if he can bat .285 with and have a .365OBP......as well as continue the VERY solid defense....he will be well worth it and I'll be happy to eat my words.... 

Nice post, Kingface....The dollars were obviously high, but I believe it was St. Louis who was willing to give him significant guaranteed money and all things being equal, he would've preferred to stay in the NL and play there.  The Sox had to be aggressive to be able to sign him, as they obviously weren't going into Spring Training with Iesias & Ciriaco as the only SS options.  His defense has been exactly what the AZ beat writer said it would be on WEEI - "a stat geek's nightmare."  

The Sox were supposedly very aggressive with Kuroda (he said it himself publicly), but it obviously wasn't all about the money with him.

I love the fact that most looked at the numbers and came to the conclusion that he was an awful defender. Might give some a whole new look at the validity of defensive metrics.

In all honestly.....I don't think I have EVER looked at a defensive stat before other than errors (which always doesn't tell the whole story either).  It is such an inexact 'science' that it's really not worth it.  The only thing that tells the story is your eyes when it comes to defense....and if people can't see that he's very solid defensively then they must be watching a different game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

We need more players like STEVIE !!!!   What say you ????

So you are ready to admit that the decision to send Iggy down was correct?

No, but I always have a place in my POSTING for good HUMOR !!!  Drew is a better hitter, IGGY has the glove......

Just so I understand you, despite Drew's numbers and solid defensive play, you would still rather have Iglesias at SS-even though he still can't hit the baseball and has a bad attitude?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

No, but I always have a place in my POSTING for good HUMOR !!!  Drew is a better hitter, IGGY has the glove......

Just so I understand you, despite Drew's numbers and solid defensive play, you would still rather have Iglesias at SS-even though he still can't hit the baseball and has a bad attitude?

Bill just won't admit that he's wrong.....a lot.

Bill....here, I'll give you an example of how I am about to eat some crow.  I thought all along that JBJ should be our starting left fielder when the season started and when others returned from injury... I WAS WRONG.  He was horrible at the plate...couldn't hit a curve or inside pitch and was in over his head.  See.....I ate some crow right there.....I made a wrong assumption...I admitted it.

Now you try.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

YES    !!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Bill....here, I'll give you an example of how I am about to eat some crow.  I thought all along that JBJ should be our starting left fielder when the season started and when others returned from injury... I WAS WRONG.  He was horrible at the plate...couldn't hit a curve or inside pitch and was in over his head.  See.....I ate some crow right there.....I made a wrong assumption...I admitted it.

Now you try.....

Bill is severely allergic to crow. Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Now you try.....

The NATURE of baseball is that decisions are made all the time, right or wrong......  A certain % can go either way or put this way.......  GOOD BAD OR UGLY ......  And when you play it "SAFE", you will never know what the real impact of a player will/could be !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Now you try.....

The NATURE of baseball is that decisions are made all the time, right or wrong......  A certain % can go either way or put this way.......  GOOD BAD OR UGLY ......  And when you play it "SAFE", you will never know what the real impact of a player will/could be !!

So Drew was playing it safe? I say it was playing it smart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Having tunnel vision and falling in love with a player can also have "ugly" results.

Remember Theo and Julio Lugo?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

YES    !!!!!!!!

OK. Fair enough. I don't agree with you at all, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

SD Drew? :-)

Jete, love the new avatar.  Thats good stuff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Totally solid fundamentals, gotta say that much about the Drews no matter what else you wanna think or say about them.  Like the younger one better myself, he plays every day, no phantom injuries.

Why phantom injuries when he has a one year deal? Don't you know how the system works?

The younger Drew has a long-established rep of being out there every day, prior to the ankle break that is.  But be my guest, educate me, how does the system work?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I predicted about .280 BA .340-50OBP and a north of 800 OPS by years end with solid defense. Ill take that from my SS any year. Thats worth 9.5M IMO.

well, 9.5 milion isn't what it used to be, but, then, neither am i.

I dont know yazz, you've been on a roll this week Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to jete02fan's comment:

SD Drew? :-)

Jete, love the new avatar.  Thats good stuff.

It is cool!

I still hope he has to change it soon. Wink