Don't carp about Carp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Don't carp about Carp

Under the radar signing Mike Carp could prove to be the surprise of the 2013 season. He's not a franchise player by any means, though he has the potential to be effective especially at Fenway. Carp has put together .255 18 71 in just over a full season (173 games) in his brief career of 4 years. He hits a fair amount of balls to left field, and has authored some long homeruns when he pulls it.

Definately an upgrade over Ryan Sweeney and Darnell MacDonld, I had hoped that D-Mac might be at least Troy O'Leary and I never liked Sweeney's swing or his results, I think Carp could be a Bernie Carbo type. (time machine, take me back). Making a paltrey $488,800, Carp is a sure bet to earn all of his money this year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Don't carp about Carp

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Troy O'Leary and Brian Daubach - the two players I couldn't stand before JD Drew and John Lackey

Here's a nice piece on O'Leary, not an all-star, or a bum

.http://articles.courant.com/1999-10-13/sports/9910130281_1_o-leary-s-time-garciaparra-troy-o-leary

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

youk-glad you started a piece on Carp. I feel he has the "po" to be another LaRoche--very similar swing. Hopefully he will prove himself sufficiently this year so that if Nap chooses to go back on the market next year the Sox will have a proven replacement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

youk-glad you started a piece on Carp. I feel he has the "po" to be another LaRoche--very similar swing. Hopefully he will prove himself sufficiently this year so that if Nap chooses to go back on the market next year the Sox will have a proven replacement.

MM, Laroche always hits better in the second half, for his career, he's about 50 points better, hard to explain it, but he gets more valuable as the season goes on. Had the Sox kept him, it's unlikely they would have ever gone after A-Gon.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Troy O'Leary and Brian Daubach - the two players I couldn't stand before JD Drew and John Lackey

That's odd because Daubach's attitude couldn't have been more different thatn Drew or Lackey.

He was a scab though.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Better to be a working scap than an indolent labor slug.

It wasn't a judgement.

There just were not a whole lot of replacment players that had long careers. Daubach was one of the few.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I like people who value not making judgments. Society needs to avoid any kind of judgment, at all.

Oh how droll.

Only you could take a comment about not judgeing a baseball player for crossing a picket line and attempt to equate it with all of society and every situation that could occur within it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Only you could react defensively and say, "it's non-judgmental".

I was trying to keep your friends post on point without hi-jacking it. Youkillus likes you. Show some respect. Talk baseball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I like people who value not making judgments. Society needs to avoid any kind of judgment, at all.

oh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I always rooted for Daubach. I always viewed him as an overachiever who gave every last bit of talent he had.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Carp?  Pike?  Things are getting fishy around here.

Put them together and you get geilte fish. Add some horse raddish, a side of matzah, and we're good to go.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I like Daubach and O'Leary - although Troy grounded to 2nd base more than any player in baseball history (look it up)

As for Carp?  he's a joke and will be off the team before the all star break.  I have no idea why the sox wanted him, how he made the team or why people are excited about him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Only you could react defensively and say, "it's non-judgmental".

I was trying to keep your friends post on point without hi-jacking it. Youkillus likes you. Show some respect. Talk baseball.

This Youkillus is gud in my book. I dig Baltimore dudes.

Pike, surely you must understand all Sox fans don't live in New England. So, how have you been lately? How's the knee?

20. This post has been removed.