DONT FORGET TITO'S COOKIE FOR PINCH-RUNNING SALTY FOR TEK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DONT FORGET TITO'S COOKIE FOR PINCH-RUNNING SALTY FOR TEK!

didnt get it at first. have always viewed tek as pretty fast for a catcher and a very good baserunner and have always seen salty as kind of lumbering. but again like with most issues tito has far more info and insight than us arm-chair allstar types. the difference between victory and another heart-pounding extra innings and division-tying loss was about an inch as the that throw would have most likely beat the aging TEK! we get on the case of tito for every missed call so lets give the man a bow when he gets it right as well!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: DONT FORGET TITO'S COOKIE FOR PINCH-RUNNING SALTY FOR TEK!

Salty is a big guy and probably generates a lot of "downhill" speed if that makes any sense.  I think he's quicker than we give him credit for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Hey, let's not forget that Varitek got on base in the first place. If he didn't, there would be no spot for a pinch runner. I'm sure he'd say it himself that he wasn't the fastest runner. Great job by Salty, and great that Ellsbury got his first walk-off. That was fun.

Fantastic win for the Sox! It's awesome to have a walk-off when you just acquired new players. Nothing brings a team together better than an exciting win. I'm happy about the win, and happy about that as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Obviously it was a good move to run for the captain..If he didnt, there would have, and probably should have been a ton of "why didnt tito PR for TEk?" threads..Good job by everyone to earn this win..cant wait to see Bedard thursday...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

In Response to DONT FORGET TITO'S COOKIE FOR PINCH-RUNNING SALTY FOR TEK!:
    [QUOTE]didnt get it at first. have always viewed tek as pretty fast for a catcher and a very good baserunner and have always seen salty as kind of lumbering. but again like with most issues tito has far more info and insight than us arm-chair allstar types. the difference between victory and another heart-pounding extra innings and division-tying loss was about an inch as the that throw would have most likely beat the aging TEK! we get on the case of tito for every missed call so lets give the man a bow when he gets it right as well!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

i agree; i will bow to tito on that call.
    but knowing tito, i know i won't be bowing long.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tropical-Nation. Show Tropical-Nation's posts

just wondering why a faster pinch runner.......JD Drew? Sutton?.....wasnt used and then Salty substituted if the game went extras......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

IN TITO & THEO I/WE TRUST !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

Sutton was sent back down and Drew is on the DL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: DONT FORGET TITO'S COOKIE FOR PINCH-RUNNING SALTY FOR TEK!:
    [QUOTE]  IN TITO & THEO I/WE TRUST !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

what you mean 'we,' palin brains?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

That's funny - sending in Salty to pinch run for Tek.  Does tito have a list of players by speed, the bottom being: Ortiz, AGon, Tek, Salty.

I wonder if that was the first time Salty ever pinch ran for someone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DONT FORGET TITO'S COOKIE FOR PINCH-RUNNING SALTY FOR TEK! : what you mean 'we,' palin brains?
    Posted by the___yazzer[/QUOTE]  I THINK THAT SARA'S BRAINS ARE JUST FINE !!  COMPARED TO THE LIB/RAD/SOC/LEFT/MOONBAT THAT IS WORKING HARD TRYING TO DELIVER THE  U S A  TO THE 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

[QUOTE]That's funny - sending in Salty to pinch run for Tek.  Does tito have a list of players by speed, the bottom being: Ortiz, AGon, Tek, Salty. I wonder if that was the first time Salty ever pinch ran for someone.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

The only player at that moment to pinch run was Salty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Salty:  "my speed just took over" LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I wonder what our new lefty starter thought of watching that walk off and all the excitement and energy that it produced. I think he was thinking that it is gonna be alot of fun playing on this team. and yeah Tito! great move subing salty for tek knowing that tek caught that whole game and who's legs had to be a little tired. great slide by salty too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

To quote Pete Abe.."that was a runaway truck."
    I would have hated if that ball was a bit more on target..Imaging that collision? santana might have ended up back on the DL again, courtesy of the Sox..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Salty is a big guy and probably generates a lot of "downhill" speed if that makes any sense.  I think he's quicker than we give him credit for.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]SPC, even with his injuries and such, i don't think he's ever been one of those "runs like a catcher" guys anyway...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]didnt get it at first. have always viewed tek as pretty fast for a catcher and a very good baserunner and have always seen salty as kind of lumbering. but again like with most issues tito has far more info and insight than us arm-chair allstar types. the difference between victory and another heart-pounding extra innings and division-tying loss was about an inch as the that throw would have most likely beat the aging TEK! we get on the case of tito for every missed call so lets give the man a bow when he gets it right as well!

You're kidding me, right? A bow and a cookie? That move proves everything about Tito as a second rate strategist! It's the bottom of the ninth with the score tied, and one out. Can't bunt the guy to second with one out, so you need someone with speed, on the off hand that someone doubles to the gap or there is a walk and single or two singles (as happened last night). So any intelligent manager is thinking OK, if Tek were to get on, I would definitely pinch run for him. Who do I have? Looks like it's going to be Salty, b/c I don't have any speedsters left and I would have to put Salty in next inning anyway, if we don't score. Then why not just bat the guy instead of Tek in the first place?!?!?!?!? Tek has done nothing all night, and Salty has been hot. REALLY dumb not to pinch hit, and the fact that he got lucky and Tek delivered is just that--pure luck following poor managing. Listen, I am happy to give Tito credit for having the Sox in first place, but please, let's be real, he is not very clever as a strategist.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to DONT FORGET TITO'S COOKIE FOR PINCH-RUNNING SALTY FOR TEK! : You're kidding me, right? A bow and a cookie? That move proves everything about Tito as a second rate strategist! It's the bottom of the ninth with the score tied, and one out. Can't bunt the guy to second with one out, so you need someone with speed, on the off hand that someone doubles to the gap or there is a walk and single or two singles (as happened last night). So any intelligent manager is thinking OK, if Tek were to get on, I would definitely pinch run for him. Who do I have? Looks like it's going to be Salty, b/c I don't have any speedsters left and I would have to put Salty in next inning anyway, if we don't score. Then why not just bat the guy instead of Tek in the first place?!?!?!?!? Tek has done nothing all night, and Salty has been hot. REALLY dumb not to pinch hit, and the fact that he got lucky and Tek delivered is just that--pure luck following poor managing. Listen, I am happy to give Tito credit for having the Sox in first place, but please, let's be real, he is not very clever as a strategist.
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]
    there we go, this is the choir of the of the miserable and negative i was baiting for.. lol. lets BLAME tito for the win! in WORSE case, u still have salty catching. y pinch hit? because tek has been on a roll lately just like salty and he's your trusted vet. i like tito expect him to do what he did in the crunch last nite. if he were under .200, u may have a point. esp from the left side, he's been pretty good this year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

i think i'd like 'cona better if he wasn't sitting on theo's knee with theo's hand up his back making tito's lips move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Cookie??? If using Salty as a pinch runner was in fact a good managerial move, why would he deserve a cookie? He's paid to make good moves! Personally, I don't think it was a great move. I'll admit that I don't know if Salty is faster than Tek or not. If he is faster, it's not by much. The genius manager knew Els was going to single and also knew the extra foot or two of speed he might get out of Salty would win the game. My bad, give him a cookie!!Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

http://middletownpress.com/articles/2011/07/30/sports/doc4e34cf59c00f7858844360.txt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DONT FORGET TITO'S COOKIE FOR PINCH-RUNNING SALTY FOR TEK! : there we go, this is the choir of thr nrgstive i was baiting for.. lol. lets BLAME tito for the win! in WORSE case, u still have salty catching. y pinch hit? because tek has been on a roll lately just like salty and he's your trusted vet. i like tito expect him to do what he did in the crunch last nite. if he were under .200, u may have a point. esp from the left side, he's been pretty good this year. 

So that's what the game is, baiting? If so, please change your tag line, because you are not a true contrarian. Contrarians are helpful, reflective people who point out that the emperor has no clothes, etc. etc. They are good for society and call into question what others take for granted. Baiting is a childish game. And while you are at it, stay on point. I never "blamed" Tito for the win (whatever that means) and indeed acknowledged his having guided the Sox into first place after a terrible start (for which I do partially blame him, but that's another story I don't intend to introduce into this discussion). And sorry, Tek has hardly been as torrid at the plate as Salty, so the only thing that would warrant not pinch hitting Salty would be if Tek were knocking the cover off the ball that night, and as I pointed out he was not (2 K's I think).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]And sorry, Tek has hardly been as torrid at the plate as Salty, so the only thing that would warrant not pinch hitting Salty would be if Tek were knocking the cover off the ball that night, and as I pointed out he was not (2 K's I think).
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

Valid question why Salty didn't pinch-hit.  I would offer the following reasons:

1) Defensively the preference would be to leave Tek in the game at catcher if the Sox don't score.  Once he gets on base, the chances of the Sox scoring a run increase to the point that the switch is warranted.

2) Like many hitters Salty's numbers as a pinch-hitter are far below his overall numbers.  Career he is 2 for 18 pinch-hitting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]http://middletownpress.com/articles/2011/07/30/sports/doc4e34cf59c00f7858844360.txt
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

your-aho,

have you run out of words? if only we were so lucky.