1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Don't know when or from where, but a trade's-a-comin' for a stud pitcher

Don't know if this will do it, but I see Ellsbury, Salty or Lav, Doubrant, and Aceves having trade value as part of some combo package for a team that has needs in those areas and either has short years on a player (see Dickey) or is looking for salary relief (see Cliff Lee).  I sure I'm missing a few other potential opportunities, so please add to the list.  

Meanwhile, keep your nose to the grindstone, Mr. Mojo, a-trade's-a-comin and I appreciate hearing it from you rather than that 2004-EdithBunker-Idiots idiot.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: Don't know when or from where, but a trade's-a-comin' for a stud pitcher

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

Don't know if this will do it, but I see Ellsbury, Salty or Lav, Doubrant, and Aceves having trade value as part of some combo package for a team that has needs in those areas and either has short years on a player (see Dickey) or is looking for salary relief (see Cliff Lee).  I sure I'm missing a few other potential opportunities, so please add to the list.  

Meanwhile, keep your nose to the grindstone, Mr. Mojo, a-trade's-a-comin and I appreciate hearing it from you rather than that 2004-EdithBunker-Idiots idiot.  

What makes you think Philly is looking for salary relief?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

As reported on MLB yesterday I can see a multiple team trade which the RS are involved in. They have Jake and some need a CF. they have extra catchers and some need a catcher. Not many need both which is why I see a multiple team trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

As reported on MLB yesterday I can see a multiple team trade which the RS are involved in. They have Jake and some need a CF. they have extra catchers and some need a catcher. Not many need both which is why I see a multiple team trade.

I agree Jim. Lot of things will happen between now and the start of the season.

Problem is too many posters want to grade Cherry's paper before the test is completed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Greinke is far and away the best available pitcher.  There are obvious drawbacks to acquiring him, so it will not happen. King Felix is not available.  There are several other free agent pitchers out there who would come cheaper. They might not be much of an improvement , but  it is better than  trading players for aging guys like Dickey and Lee.  I will say , once again , that Tazawa should get a long look as a starter. And , if we are going to keep Aceves , why not give him his opportunity to show what he can do? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Possible trade.  Or possibly they sign a guy like McCarthy (I hope).  Plenty of money left to do so.  Will have to wait til the Greinke situation plays out.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) Trade everybody that will be a FA after 2013 for the best prospects they can bring in return. Ellsbury, Salty, & Breslow.

2) Strongly consider trading players that will be FAs after 2014: Aceves, Bailey, Miller, & Morales for the best prospects we can get in return.

3) Flip these prospects, plus a few of our own prospects (preferably not named Bogaerts, Barnes or de la Rosa) and maybe Tazawa for Brett Anderson and Justin Upton.

4) Instant contenders in 2013, but more importantly for 2014 and 2015 as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Greinke is far and away the best available pitcher.  There are obvious drawbacks to acquiring him, so it will not happen. King Felix is not available.  There are several other free agent pitchers out there who would come cheaper. They might not be much of an improvement , but  it is better than  trading players for aging guys like Dickey and Lee.  I will say , once again , that Tazawa should get a long look as a starter. And , if we are going to keep Aceves , why not give him his opportunity to show what he can do? 

All you mental midgets out there, please read the above post. And read it so many times that you stop posting drivel.

The Sox just acguire 2 pitchers with some experience, looks like to me to booster the bull pen. Maybe Acevez or Tazawa will get the opportunity to be a # 5 or 6 starter. If we want take a FA SP then Mccarthy will a good option at the moment. Lester Buch Mc carthy Lackey Doubront and one of the following Acevez Morales Tazawa.

BC is really playing the patient game with pitching, but made a medicore move today. Cherington working on one position at a time by filling the holes in OF with opportunity for a propsect to play, pick up a reliable defensive catcher, 2 veteran players to 3 year deals. I assuming he his building a  team for 3 years. The roster is almost together we have vets, players with personality/chip on their shoulders, prospects intack and a complete coaching change. On average to build a quality professional sports team it takes 3 years. My opinion is that i will also be patient with the Red Sox team.

If we look at the Orioles they slowly put a team together and now are competitors, TB has team together that just can't make that big jump, the Yankees are not able to spend money and the Jays is trying the over night sensation. This will be a trial period for Sox fans tolerance level.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

The Sox can also gamble keep him for the season. If Ellsbury turns it a notch and injury free, then he will make a better commodity at deadline. At the moment with Ells and Victorino at the top of the BL will give the Sox a better run production. BC said that ells will not be traded either he is playing the possom game or is being sincere. We need to remember who Ellsbury agent is also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Lee and Dickey are old high miles SP who are anything but "studs".

I always thought that studs are horses use for breeding purposes. Now we are using pitchers for breeding purposes. Interesting but strange idea. So does this mean that Clemens, Nolan Ryan are studs. LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Lee and Dickey are old high miles SP who are anything but "studs".

I always thought that studs are horses use for breeding purposes. Now we are using pitchers for breeding purposes. Interesting but strange idea. So does this mean that Clemens, Nolan Ryan are studs. LOL

No, Clemens and Ryan are large-headed pieces of metal that pierce and project from surfaces.  For Clemens, at least, the large-headed part is literally true.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Furthermore, no pun was intended when referring to Dickey as a stud.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

We're all aging, galehouse.  Even the young bucks (there I go again).  It's a process.

They're all risks, but at least Dickey and Lee have been to the mountain.  

An old dude by the name of Curt Schilling worked out pretty well some years ago.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Guru-Meditation-. Show -Guru-Meditation-'s posts

Sections
Shortcuts