Don't look now, IGGY looking like a real MLB hitter..........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Don't look now, IGGY looking like a real MLB hitter..........

In response to Bill-806's comment:

6 extra base hits this spring to go along with his "ALL WORLD GLOVE" !!!   Hope that  J F does what  B V wanted to do, but couldn't do it........  IGGY will be your starting  S S on 4/1........

If Drew can't go I'd rather see Jose starting than Ciriaco.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

You Might Be Right, McHale's Navy...........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Luis Aparicio, Maybe Could Be, Not Sure Yet.....................

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Luis Aparicio, Maybe Could Be, Not Sure Yet.....................

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Iggy's .474 Slg% may be the Sox spring surprise of 2013.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

He is hitting against AAA ball pitchers according to Baseballreference.com. And his ABs are way too small to draw any conclusions. He belongs in Pawtucket, which is where he is headed once Drew is back

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill, gotta agree with you on this captain!

Iggy's high batting average is a bright spot for sure. Let's see if it holds up but even a decent batting Iggy would make the whole team better. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

He is hitting against AAA ball pitchers according to Baseballreference.com. And his ABs are way too small to draw any conclusions. He belongs in Pawtucket, which is where he is headed once Drew is back

This is still a HUGE improvement of how he's hit AAA pitching last year.  So even from that angle it's a very good improvement.  Still I want to see how he does in April in real games but I'm encouraged from what I've seen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

This is still a HUGE improvement of how he's hit AAA pitching last year.  So even from that angle it's a very good improvement.  Still I want to see how he does in April in real games but I'm encouraged from what I've seen.

If he can maintain this I would certainly agree. But he has had fewer than 50 ABs so far. When he goes back to Pawtucket, which he will do as soon as Drew is ready, lets see where he is after 250 plate appearances. I could live with his current numbers in ST if he can do that in the majors.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

spending ten mil on drew and further delaying iggys playing time is a huge folly...you hate to see a player get beaned but apparently injury is the only thing that makes ben realize that a rookie should be given a shot (see WM)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

spending ten mil on drew and further delaying iggys playing time is a huge folly...you hate to see a player get beaned but apparently injury is the only thing that makes ben realize that a rookie should be given a shot (see WM)

Iggy still can't hit the baseball. And realistically, they are not going to pay Drew to watch him sitting on the bench. Iggy is going back to Pawtucket. If he can maintain what he has done so far in ST for 250 ABs or so, then he should get a shot. Or traded for a pitching prospect.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If he can maintain this I would certainly agree. But he has had fewer than 50 ABs so far. When he goes back to Pawtucket, which he will do as soon as Drew is ready, lets see where he is after 250 plate appearances. I could live with his current numbers in ST if he can do that in the majors.

I don't think his numbers will carry over into the regular season.  But I think he is still getting better, and it's unfair to say that has ceilinged out.  He's still young, and considering he was rushed through the minor leagues and came from Cuba and not out of a NCAA team his experience is tiny compared to what all other professionals his age have seen.  Iggy is getting better, and showing improvement.  I'll admit it has pretty much gotten to put up or shut up but I feel that no one takes his age and relative experience into consideration and want to give up on him too soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

speaking of which, i actually had a dream last night that Iggy and a few other ballplayers (cant recall the other names) were released from the team...lol

i need to get off this site...

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

6 extra base hits this spring to go along with his "ALL WORLD GLOVE" !!!   Hope that  J F does what  B V wanted to do, but couldn't do it........  IGGY will be your starting  S S on 4/1........

I have been a big fan of Iggy when he first started playing for the SeaDogs.  My company has season tickets and I go to a ton of games.  His defense is AMAZING to watch.  The problem has always been the bat though and lets not forget that he has not had a season where he was healthy yet.  He needs to stay on the field and hit.  The lineup is not like it used to be and you just can't 'hide' a .200 hitter anymore.  If he can hit .250-270 I would be VERY happy.....but he needs to stay healthy and get his at bats.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I don't think his numbers will carry over into the regular season.  But I think he is still getting better, and it's unfair to say that has ceilinged out.  He's still young, and considering he was rushed through the minor leagues and came from Cuba and not out of a NCAA team his experience is tiny compared to what all other professionals his age have seen.  Iggy is getting better, and showing improvement.  I'll admit it has pretty much gotten to put up or shut up but I feel that no one takes his age and relative experience into consideration and want to give up on him too soon.

Great POST......  People forget that he didn't have the opportunity of college ball & growth !!!!

He may grow; he may not. Regardless, he is not ready for regular duty in the majors yet. And I think he has one more year to prove his worth here.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Drew is out indefinitely (who would have predicted that?)

Ciriaco has back spasms and the season did not start yet.

Holt is hitting less than Iggy.

Iggy is the starter on Opening Day. It's as simple as that.

Funny, but I don't see so much negativity directed to Victorino who is hitting all of 1 for 22. Gomes seems to be hitting rather well. I would worry more about SV. JBJ may have a position sooner rather than later. Iggy is outhitting Victorino, yet most here seem to be settled on Victorino as a starter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I think it's safe to say that this bromane is making stiffy a little jeolous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

0 For 3 Today, Can You Say PawSox, Brooks Robinson Was Also World Glove, AKA The Human Vacum Cleaner, He,s Ok Trip A Pitchers Not So Good MLB,S...........Drew Will Start At SS.....

Sections
Shortcuts