Don't look now, IGGY looking like a real MLB hitter..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Don't look now, IGGY looking like a real MLB hitter..........

In response to 808soxfan's comment:

Drew is out indefinitely (who would have predicted that?)

Ciriaco has back spasms and the season did not start yet.

Holt is hitting less than Iggy.

Iggy is the starter on Opening Day. It's as simple as that.

Funny, but I don't see so much negativity directed to Victorino who is hitting all of 1 for 22. Gomes seems to be hitting rather well. I would worry more about SV. JBJ may have a position sooner rather than later. Iggy is outhitting Victorino, yet most here seem to be settled on Victorino as a starter.

Victorino stinks; he was a poor signing. But we are stuck with him for THREE YEARS. With Iggy there is room for debate, at least.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Iglesias will pull his weight. If he lacks on offense, he most surely will make it up on defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Iglesias will pull his weight. If he lacks on offense, he most surely will make it up on defense.

I think the question is, with papi out is there enough offense to make up for his lack of hitting?

I still say start the kid if Drew is out, but its a valid concern.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

I agree, but obviously others have a different persective on this.  I think part of that is people don't realize how low the bar is set for SS and their offense.  It seems like ever since Nomar has left we haven't been happy with a short stop he can't hit like him.  Reality most SS don't hit that well.  I think a lot of other people don't put as much weight into defense as they do offense, which I disagree with but understand.  Defensive play only really shows up in the box score when a guy makes an error. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, things actually seem to be shaping up in a way to satisfy both Iggy camps (or at least the 2 largest ones):  those that say "how can you keep this kid down - all glove shortsstop uber alles", hey, no need to weep and gnash teeth:  Iggy is going to get his shot in the tried and true way that kids get their shot before they are fully ready - injuries.  So, if he acquits himself to start the season, everyone will be happy, except those who will then b&&% and moan about the wasted 9 mil on Drew.  To those of us who think a little more time to round out his hitting in AAA will be good for him and the team, well, its not like he is being rushed.  It is a necessary push onto the big stage.  And we shall see how he responds.  No doubt, he looks better this spring, though I haven't watched enough of his at-bats to really determine how much of that is kid-hitting-all-winter-jumping-on-creaky-ST-pitching and how much of that is Iggy evolution.  In any case, we will find out.

This is shaping up well.