Don't Make Moves

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

Re: Don't Make Moves

In response to Yaz's comment:

I would think--other than a minor move---that Ben[ hopefully] will not make

any significant transactions to this roster for next week. The one positive which comes out of the team's rapid decline is that it is clear they are not on par with the Rays and Orioles. Any additions will not make much difference. So, do not give away any top prospects for a team which is not going to make the post-season.

I'm with you 100%. Especially Bradley, Bogaerts and the pitching prospects. Who cares if we don't win this year. It's already a lot better than it was supposed to be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

any significant transactions to this roster for next week. The one positive which comes out of the team's rapid decline is that it is clear they are not on par with the Rays and Orioles. Any additions will not make much difference. So, do not give away any top prospects for a team which is not going to make the post-season.

Yeesh.  I know we've looked like crap the last few games but we're still 3 games up on Baltimore so it's a little premature to chuck in the season.  The Orioles are a good team but not infallible.  Didn't they just lose 3 in a row to KC?  Yes, they did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't think I would try to make any moves unless they are players you deem expendable-Drew as an example.

I would bring WMB and Bogaerts up and insert them immediately into the lineup.

The lineup after Ortiz is pretty dead. Nap is not making contact partially because opposing pitchers can pitch around him---Nava, Salty, Drew, Iggy--not much of a threat there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

The Sox need bullpen help...that shouldn't cost a lot. I think it's about time to bring Middlebrooks back up and use him at third and play Iglesias at short. Drew's range is poor and he isn't hitting a lick. The Sox have played poorly for the last week or so...lot of mistakes vs the Yankees and the Rays...teams go into slumps and hopefully they will start playing better real soon. It also has been a tough stretch facing a lot of elite pitching...Weaver, Hernandez, Kuroda, Moore, Price and Tillman...not to mention ones they beat...like Pettite, Sabathia and Iwakuma.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to kannaman's comment:

The Sox need bullpen help...that shouldn't cost a lot. I think it's about time to bring Middlebrooks back up and use him at third and play Iglesias at short. Drew's range is poor and he isn't hitting a lick. The Sox have played poorly for the last week or so...lot of mistakes vs the Yankees and the Rays...teams go into slumps and hopefully they will start playing better real soon. It also has been a tough stretch facing a lot of elite pitching...Weaver, Hernandez, Kuroda, Moore, Price and Tillman...not to mention ones they beat...like Pettite, Sabathia and Iwakuma.

Yeah, too bad we don't have any "elite pitching". At least not until Breakholtz feels like pitching. This was all predictable: Lester improving over last year, but only slightly, and Breakholtz missing months because he is a Man of Glass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Still not on par with Orioles?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Just took the series against a team that were "not on par with"..Also the other team that were not on par with are on the losing end of the season series against the Sox...

a couple losses and the whiners, trolls and gloom and doomers come out in droves...