Don't Take it Out on Zach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Don't Take it Out on Zach

He was forcefed into the rotation against a great Angels offense at Anaheim. He had  no business being in a MLB game and further worse is BV didn't protect him, just wanted him to finish that 3rd inning. Another great job by a manager of "building confidence" for the youngsters. He goes down in the books as 3 IP. 9 ER, and BV goes down in the books as ruining this kid already.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Re: Don't Take it Out on Zach

In response to Don't Take it Out on Zach:

He was forcefed into the rotation against a great Angels offense at Anaheim. He had  no business being in a MLB game and further worse is BV didn't protect him, just wanted him to finish that 3rd inning. Another great job by a manager of "building confidence" for the youngsters. He goes down in the books as 3 IP. 9 ER, and BV goes down in the books as ruining this kid already.

Utterly ridiculous post.  BV left him in through 3 innings to protect the rest of his staff, which is a much more important thing to do than protecingt the (supposed on your part) fragile ego of a pitcher who has repeatedly had trouble translating his talents to the ML level. 

If you have to blame someone, blame Ben C.  Stewart doesn't have to be the one to start at all.  It is entirely Ben's (and Larry's) decision to create that  void in the rotation and fill it with the guy who came in the Youkilis trade (rather than, say, the guy they got for Beckett, or any of the Pawtucket starters who have been pitching quite well in the rotation).

Completely as an aside, I used the word void because the board language censor would not let me use the word I wanted, which is spelled lie whole but without the w.  Also utterly ridiculous.  It may be time for me to find another board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Oh, and the fact that you cannot go back and edit your own posts, so I cannot fix the missing letter in "lie" to read "like" as I intended (surprised they let me us the word "lie), or fix my typing error on the word "protecingt."  What year is this?  1999?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't know about anyone else but I think the Sox may have found a 1 B/ DH/ perhaps an emergency 3 B in the International League MVP for 2012 Mauro Gomez. I also like Loney--he's better than I thought he would be.

So in  a season that has been somewhat of a disaster---Ciriaco, Gomez, Morales, Aceves, Salty, Pods, Buch, Middlebrooks, Doubie, Miller, Ross, Padilla and Tazawa have performed, I would say, above my expectations anyway. Hopefully it will give them something positive to take into the offseason and motivate them to work hard toward next season.

The coaching staff let me down as a fan. You can talk about Stewart being left in too long--I'm more concerned about the obvious lack of communication between the coaches. Bogar, the bench coach, might as well have been in the opposing dugout---he always seemed that far from Valentine--that was truly a disgrace. At least Valentine now has a pitching coach, for better or worse, that he can talk to. I like the base caoches.

Sorry I got off the subject of Zach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Danny,

I have no problem with Stewart pitching in last night's game.  It was an opportunity (even against a good lineup) that all young pitchers desire and need.

My problem was that he was left in the game way too long.  He got no protection from his  manager who didn't seem to know that at least three new arms will be available for Saturday's game if needed when the rosters can further expand.  I kept yelling at the TV to get him out of there, but Valentine looked like he was not concerned at all in the dugout until after the 9th run crossed the plate.

Just another case of a player left to hang out to dry on his own by Valentine. In either actions or words, I am sure that they all love him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think they just wanted to see what he could do. Maybe see if he could get out of a jam. see how he reacted to getting hitt hard. See if he could starighten things out. He failed at all of them and it was only 3 innings. BV didnt want to have to go to the pen for 8 innings. The kid isnt a MLB starter...If hes frigile then Id rather know now when the season is lost...Im sure he will survive...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

It was basically a talent evaluation, kind of like you see in spring training. If this was a meaningful game for the Sox, he wouldnt have lasted pass the first inning. You bring this kid up here to show you what he has. You cant pull him out after the first inning. That inning could have been due to jitters. He was yanked at the right time. If Bobby was only concerned with saving the bullpen, he would have left him out there longer.

As far as building confidence, didnt he come back and strike-out Pujols in his second at bat? If I am correct, this was the kids last thought as opposed to giving up an RBI. He now has the confidence to know that he has the ability to K Pujols.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Dont take it out on Zach?  How many teams that he have been on prior to coming to Boston.  He just do not have the talent to pitch at the major league level.

He belong in AAA or wherever for a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It was basically a talent evaluation, kind of like you see in spring training. If this was a meaningful game for the Sox, he wouldnt have lasted pass the first inning. You bring this kid up here to show you what he has. You cant pull him out after the first inning. That inning could have been due to jitters. He was yanked at the right time. If Bobby was only concerned with saving the bullpen, he would have left him out there longer.

As far as building confidence, didnt he come back and strike-out Pujols in his second at bat? If I am correct, this was the kids last thought as opposed to giving up an RBI. He now has the confidence to know that he has the ability to K Pujols.

Excellent observation soxnava--To walk away from that game saying you K'd a future Hall of Famer was worth flying to LA and giving up some runs--that one K may change his career. It might give him something to build on this off season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

was hoping the sox would extend wilson's losing streak.

The Greinke thing didnt work out for them either.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts