Doubrant to Cubs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Doubrant to Cubs

Retweeted by Pete Abraham
    Jon Morosi @jonmorosi  ·  1m
    Red Sox and Cubs have agreement in place that sends Felix Doubront to Chicago, source says.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Doubrant to Cubs

Theo compiling players he drafted.  I would be interested to see what they got for him.  He seemed to have promise but apparently he has a pish poor attitude. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Theo compiling players he drafted.  I would be interested to see what they got for him.  He seemed to have promise but apparently he has a pish poor attitude. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe a change of scenery will help him...who knows. I'd had my fill of him after the past week, but if he turns into a good starter in the NL, hopefully everyone will remember that most people wanted him gone for a bag of balls and not start with the "HORRIBLE TRADE, FIRE BEN" threads.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  4m
    Per @jonmorosi and @JonHeymanCBS the #RedSox have sent Doubront to the Cubs for a PTBNL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

If the Sox got Mike Olt back, he's 26, he hit .139 in 187 at bats and struck out 84 times (45%).

Garbage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

player to be named later

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Wow, a PTBNL.  I never guessed his stock was that low.  A few years ago he looked like a long-time fixture as a 4th or 5th starter. But after the other night his body language was anything but positive. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to az55's comment:

player to be named later

That would probably be Walt Later. He is 36 yrs old SS in the Cubs A league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Doubront is gone. My day is made. Never disliked a player more than that slug.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doubront is gone. My day is made. Never disliked a player more than that slug.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't quite go that far but this is addition by subtraction.

Two times in three years (2011, 2013) he showed up in camp out of shape. He never was as good in his early appearances as some tried to pain him. He had an excellent 20-game stretch last year -- something like that -- that showed his talent, and I thought he could be ready for a true break through year. But he whined last year when he went to the bullpen last year and has been a disaster this year.

Time for him to move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Started as something , turned to nothing for which we get nothing, and will probably turn back into something

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I cannot believe Ben could not get anything for him.  At least Ben should have made Theo take Drew as a throw in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Trade = Garbage in, garbage Out

As always - 100% correct!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Retweeted by Pete Abraham
    Jon Morosi @jonmorosi  ·  1m
    Red Sox and Cubs have agreement in place that sends Felix Doubront to Chicago, source says.

[/QUOTE]

I think the NL and the no pressure Cubbies will be very friendly to Doub.  If not you have to assume he won't make it anywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    "I cannot believe Ben could not get anything for him.  At least Ben should have made Theo take Drew as a throw in."

Why not Buchholz while we're at it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Sometimes the 40 man roster spot is what is really valuable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Can't say I am sorry to see him go. Toucher & Rich was talking about him possibly going to the Cubs this morning.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm surprised we traded Doubie, but I'm glad we don't have to keep being continuously disappointed watching all that talent being wasted by constant nibbling the corners and poor attitude & physical shape.

Let the flood gates open.

Trade anyone and everyone not part of our 2015 or beyond.

Sox4ever

Sections
Shortcuts