Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good..........

And that is not all that bad...... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good..........

Bucholz should be headed to the pen... Doub is staying....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Re: Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good..........

Doubront is a serviceable starter.  He looks like he could be an above average one eventually.  I wouldn't mess with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Does anyone really think Bard and Doubront will start 30 games and have over 180 IP? I'm fine with giving either of these 2 guys a breather (in the pen) while we see what Cook can do. Can we trade Cook if he looks good?  Should we?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

What?  Bucholtz is the first one to move to the bullpen, and then next is Bard.
    Doubront is the team's consistent pitcher!!!   Plus he is alot younger than Cook.  

Right now the Red Sox have no room for him since the called up on Hill.  The only guy that may be demote is Lar Anderson.  I do not know how many option does Anderson have left.  He was quitely been called up few times before this year.

The scary part is that Boston will soon get Ellsbury back as well maybe to call up Dice K if he is ready to go within the next 5 to 7 weeks.   

That is going to be a troublesome moves for Boston.  All I know that Dmac is going to be release which that is not a hard decision to make, but Boston need to make the second move.  I am sure that whoever pitch bad such as Cook or Padilla or Albers could be the next guy to be release.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good..........:
    [QUOTE]What?  Bucholtz is the first one to move to the bullpen, and then next is Bard. Doubront is the team's consistent pitcher!!!   Plus he is alot younger than Cook.   Right now the Red Sox have no room for him since the called up on Hill.  The only guy that may be demote is Lar Anderson.  I do not know how many option does Anderson have left.  He was quitely been called up few times before this year. The scary part is that Boston will soon get Ellsbury back as well maybe to call up Dice K if he is ready to go within the next 5 to 7 weeks.    That is going to be a troublesome moves for Boston.  All I know that Dmac is going to be release which that is not a hard decision to make, but Boston need to make the second move.  I am sure that whoever pitch bad such as Cook or Padilla or Albers could be the next guy to be release.
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

We could see Padilla or Atchison sent down or a phantom DL for somebody.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good..........:
    [QUOTE]What?  Bucholtz is the first one to move to the bullpen, and then next is Bard. Doubront is the team's consistent pitcher!!!   Plus he is alot younger than Cook.   Right now the Red Sox have no room for him since the called up on Hill.  The only guy that may be demote is Lar Anderson.  I do not know how many option does Anderson have left.  He was quitely been called up few times before this year. The scary part is that Boston will soon get Ellsbury back as well maybe to call up Dice K if he is ready to go within the next 5 to 7 weeks.    That is going to be a troublesome moves for Boston.  All I know that Dmac is going to be release which that is not a hard decision to make, but Boston need to make the second move.  I am sure that whoever pitch bad such as Cook or Padilla or Albers could be the next guy to be release.

Has anyone noticed what nasty stuff Padilla has?  I wouldn't release him, he is perfect for a middle innings bp guy.  Also don't count on DMAC being gone.  the guy has more lives than a cat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good.......... : Has anyone noticed what nasty stuff Padilla has?  I wouldn't release him, he is perfect for a middle innings bp guy.  Also don't count on DMAC being gone.  the guy has more lives than a cat.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Remember that Padilla didnt started out good, but in the last four outings, he have improved alot.  We cant trust that guy yet.  He had neck surgery, shot in the leg, became often injure proned pitcher in past two years, etc.  

But for now, I think he is a worthy bullpen pitcher to keep.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good.......... : Remember that Padilla didnt started out good, but in the last four outings, he have improved alot.  We cant trust that guy yet.  He had neck surgery, shot in the leg, became often injure proned pitcher in past two years, etc.   But for now, I think he is a worthy bullpen pitcher to keep.  

I am just talking about his stuff.  He throws mid 90's with movement.  I think he might be someone that has found a home as a BP guy.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Doubront has been our most consistent starter to date.  No way he should be moved to the pen just because Cook has pitched well at Pawtucket.  Cook is a fantastic addition to the pen with his nasty sinker.  And, a potentially awesome 6th starter.  The log-jam issues it presents for the club are great issues to have.  Padilla, other than a couple clunkers, has been nasty as all get out.  Tazawa was shaky last night, but didn't exactly get rocked, and has been very promising.  Who do you move, send down? Glad its not my decision.  But, having Aaron Cook in the six spot and Matsuzaka down the line in another log jame situation is great.  Last year, Buchholz and Dice went down early and suddenly the rotation was totally blown up.  No question, you can never have enough pitching.  A. Cook in the bullpen to start, then we see how it goes.  I mean, before we start supplanting good starters like Felix D., I think it is good sense to see how Aaron fares against big league boppers out of the pen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If Cook works out, and if Dice K comes off the DL, they have 7 starters.  Do they trade 1 for some BP help?  Does 1 good starter get you 2 good relievers?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think Doubront and Bard both have the potential to be top of the line starters. I would leave them in that role. Cook is what he is. Decent , but nothing special. He should become the long reliever. An occasional spot start can help alleviate the number of innings pitched for Bard and Doubront. Also , either him or DiceK can move into the rotation in the event of injury , or if Buchholz continues to struggle. I would also say that I have been impressed with Padilla. I knew he had a variety of pitches , but was surprised at how much he can dial up the fastball when he has to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone really think Bard and Doubront will start 30 games and have over 180 IP? I'm fine with giving either of these 2 guys a breather (in the pen) while we see what Cook can do. Can we trade Cook if he looks good?  Should we?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

In the extremely unlikely event Cook pitches well for the Sox, they should trade him immediately for whatever they can get.  Soon to be 33, never very good and on a 4-year massive downward trend.....

On the other hand, perhaps we should take a Bill-806 view on Cook i.e. if the first pitch he throws for the Sox is a called strike, immediately reward him with a 5-year contract, alert the HOF about "the new Seaver" and trade Lester to make room for him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

On the other hand, perhaps we should take a Bill-806 view on Cook i.e. if the first pitch he throws for the Sox is a called strike, immediately reward him with a 5-year contract, alert the HOF about "the new Seaver" and trade Lester to make room for him.

You got my vote for "post of the month"... so far... LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good.......... : Has anyone noticed what nasty stuff Padilla has?  I wouldn't release him, he is perfect for a middle innings bp guy.  Also don't count on DMAC being gone.  the guy has more lives than a cat.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Cook was about the worst pitcher in BB over 2010-2011.  No wonder why Bill wants to see him called up.  I'd much rather have Padilla.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Wow either Doubrant or Bard or Buchholz for that fact could end up in the pen but one things for sure the Sox in there usual fashion are wasting Cook in the little leagues.BVD needs to speak up and get the BC to do his job! If the Sox lose Cook because he opts out of his contract then both Ben Cherington and Boobie Valentine should be looking for work elsewheres.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He may end up in Pawtucket, if he has options. You can't afford to have multiple inefficient (Doubront, Lester, Buchholz) starters in your rotation. 

They already have two lefties.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good.......... : In the extremely unlikely event Cook pitches well for the Sox, they should trade him immediately for whatever they can get.  Soon to be 33, never very good and on a 4-year massive downward trend..... On the other hand, perhaps we should take a Bill-806 view on Cook i.e. if the first pitch he throws for the Sox is a called strike, immediately reward him with a 5-year contract, alert the HOF about "the new Seaver" and trade Lester to make room for him.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Love it !
    Cruel but fair.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doubront could end up out the pen, if Cooks sinker ball is that good.......... : In the extremely unlikely event Cook pitches well for the Sox, they should trade him immediately for whatever they can get.  Soon to be 33, never very good and on a 4-year massive downward trend..... On the other hand, perhaps we should take a Bill-806 view on Cook i.e. if the first pitch he throws for the Sox is a called strike, immediately reward him with a 5-year contract, alert the HOF about "the new Seaver" and trade Lester to make room for him.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]  I would rather have Doubront coming out of the pen 3+ times per week, than going 5 innings once every 5 days !!!  CHILLI, you need to get an understanding of each players VALUE to the TEAM !!!  Oh great wise one !!!