Draft Pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Draft Pick

It's really different watching the Sox now, and not even being upset when they can lose. I just think of it as every loss just brings us closer to a better draft pick. I still love to see the guys, but it's just a different feeling to have an upside to the losses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Draft Pick

Hey, there's a Beckett vs. Lincecum game going on, and I don't even have to worry about that. LOL Btw, Beckett's winning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We are 5 losses away from being tied for the third from the bottom.

It's not totally out of the question that we end up with the 3rd overall pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I know the teams I definitely want to get those five losses against, and the team I don't. :) It's definitely an upside. There's really no benefit to winning, so I'm just looking at it as all good for the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

I know the teams I definitely want to get those five losses against, and the team I don't. :) It's definitely an upside. There's really no benefit to winning, so I'm just looking at it as all good for the team.

glad you two now see the point of the thread i started that several bashed.
    i would never ask the players or managers to lie down.
    but as a fan of a team with a crappy product, of course i want the best upside.

we need houston and the cubs to go on a run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

glad you two now see the point of the thread i started that several bashed.
    i would never ask the players or managers to lie down.
    but as a fan of a team with a crappy product, of course i want the best upside.

we need houston and the cubs to go on a run.

You probably started it too early, when I wasn't reading threads like that. :) Go Houston and Cubs! LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't want us to quit either, but play the kids and if we end up with #3 or 4, I wouldn't be at all upset.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Well, it looks like the Yankees took Markakis out of it. That's a shame. Hope the O's can keep on without him.

I really feel sorry for Strasbug and the Nationals. Awful decision. It could've been their year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I don't want us to quit either, but play the kids and if we end up with #3 or 4, I wouldn't be at all upset.

exactly what i woudl have done, only earlier

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Well, it looks like the Yankees took Markakis out of it. That's a shame. Hope the O's can keep on without him.

I really feel sorry for Strasbug and the Nationals. Awful decision. It could've been their year.

not a washington fan myself

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

not a washington fan myself

I'm kinda a fan of any team who hasn't won a championship this year. I would really like to see that happen for a team and their fans. It would just be something else to feel good about.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

ill go with the small market teams esp wh ohavent won lately. (balt, a's,) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

ill go with the small market teams esp wh ohavent won lately. (balt, a's,) 

I'm good with Baltimore and the A's as well. That would be something.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Maybe the O's might be interested in Cody Ross for the rest of the regular season to take Nick M's place---might be worth a PTBNL?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Maybe the O's might be interested in Cody Ross for the rest of the regular season to take Nick M's place---might be worth a PTBNL?

I'd make the move.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...but, they couldn't have Ross on their playoff roster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

...but, they couldn't have Ross on their playoff roster.

Yep, we probably should've moved him at the deadline, but you might be able to scam a minor prospect for him now.  He'd a nice payoff to their long-suffering fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Current status-

#8 pick

#6 1 game out

#5 3.5 games out and likely unattainable

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I remember earlier when I suggested that there comes a time when it is reasonable to hope that the Red Sox lose games. If we can manage 90 losses this year (very realistic) we could indeed end up with one of the top 3-4 picks. Some folks here thought that the idea of wishing losses upon the team was somehow sacreligious; now more and more are coming around to, if not agreeing with me, at least understanding that there is some logic to hoping for more losses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The way the Red Sox have been pitching lately no has to "lay down" to keep the losses coming.

Just keep putting Matsuzaka and Cook out there and there are three losses a week for sure.
    Doubront has also been struggling so you could probably count four losses per week.  Lester and Buchholz are not guaranteed to win either with the weak hitting lineup that wil back them in their next few starts either.  Or, pitch Bard in any game that is close after the 5th inning.

To be fair to Cook, I liked him at the beginning of his year, but as long as his sinker is up at thigh level he is going to get hammered in every start.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I remember earlier when I suggested that there comes a time when it is reasonable to hope that the Red Sox lose games. If we can manage 90 losses this year (very realistic) we could indeed end up with one of the top 3-4 picks. Some folks here thought that the idea of wishing losses upon the team was somehow sacreligious; now more and more are coming around to, if not agreeing with me, at least understanding that there is some logic to hoping for more losses.

Think it was more about not being able to root against them,  pumpsie, more than not understanding the logic behind it. Still cant do it. Old habits die hard. Helps make it not hurt quite as much, though. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Think it was more about not being able to root against them,  pumpsie, more than not understanding the logic behind it. Still cant do it. Old habits die hard. Helps make it not hurt quite as much, though. 

For some it was about not being able to root against them. I remember enduring some level of ridicule for what I proposed. Now the timing of WHEN to start wishing for losses is certainly a matter of opinion. For me it was weeks ago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

For some it was about not being able to root against them. I remember enduring some level of ridicule for what I proposed. Now the timing of WHEN to start wishing for losses is certainly a matter of opinion. For me it was weeks ago.

I'm not sure this is the first year that you've suggested that the RS losing was a good thing.  I'm pretty sure you mentioned that last year and in previous years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Every loss is also another nail in BV's coffin....may give new meaning to the Valentine Day MASS-acre. Doubt he'll go guietly. 

Sections
Shortcuts