Drake Britton on a great run, could be in line for Triple-A promotion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Drake Britton on a great run, could be in line for Triple-A promotion

http://www.pressherald.com/article/20130611/SPORTS/306119985

After an uninspiring start to the season, Britton has really been locked in over his last few starts...he now has a 3.25 ERA on the season and 3.50 in Double-A dating back to last year.

With Workman already having joined Webster and De La Rosa in Triple-A, and Ranaudo due to follow soon as well, the starting pitching situation at Pawtucket is going to start looking pretty crowded. Obviously not all of them are going to work out in the majors, but you couldn't ask for much better SP prospect depth right now: a couple of these guys could be packaged in trades this summer and we'd still have a very nice group of young arms in the high minors ready to help in Boston later this season or early on next season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Drake Britton on a great run, could be in line for Triple-A promotion

Britton might end up in Boston later this year.....as a reliver.  He is not a starter, but I think he can be close with his stuff.  Workman was 24 and has pretty much dominated AA this year, which should be expected with his age but if he continues his dominance in Portland he might make a case for himself as a starter.  He's always kind of projected as a guy who would eventually move to the bullpen.  But he has very good numbers; his K/BB is very impressive (don't feel like looking it up but I know its pretty impressive).  I haven't seen him pitch since spring training so I don't know how he looks now but reportedly he still has a very jerky delivery and may not last in the rotation.  So I don't know if they sox let him play himself out of it of perhaps they move him to the pen if they need him there for the playoffs.

Regardless I'd bet that Britton or Workman are in the pen by years end. 

Sections
Shortcuts