DREW DONE WHEN CRAW IS READY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DREW DONE WHEN CRAW IS READY?

like theo making a baseball move on cam and cutting him. time to do the same with drew and give right to reddick and lets see what he has heading into the trade deadline and next offseason. let reddick play everyday with navarro giving him a blow every so often. i will keep mac around a bit longer for he will be an emergency guy and he plays great defense. he'S A nice guy to hold on to until you can get a better option. perhaps the japanese guy in the minors can come up and platoon with reddick. still, you never know. long as mac hits over .100, you keep him around. doesnt hurt to have one vet around in case craw or ells go down at some point. overall, navarro/red is a better combo than drew/cam/mac...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: DREW DONE ON MONDAY WHEN CRAW IS READY?

He didn't want to be in Philly, and he didn't want to be in LA, and it really looks like he does not want to be here anymore. It would be great if they let him go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Time to drain-the-swamp! Cutting Cameron was a good start. Drew,  McDonald and Jenks should also be shown the door. Full marks to Lester for stepping up bigtime yesterday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I bet Drew stays and McDonald goes.  It wouldn't look very good to release 2 guys that are making a combined $20M in the span of 1 week.

Drew will be demoted to the bench.  The Sox will see if Reddick can hold up.  If he can then they go forward as is, if he can't then they go and get a RH bat to platoon him with.

Case closed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Theo had brilliant in constructing the OF, present and future. He said he would take the hit for his idiocy, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: DREW DONE ON MONDAY WHEN CRAW IS READY?:
    Obama has crapped in the swamp.  The swamp won't be drained until Wastefield and Varitek are shown the door.  
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman

try and stick to the subject please..Your predictions and personal grudges with certain players show how little you know about baseball...but keep it up, i always enjoy laughing at your pathetic thoughts..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Drew is Theo's toady, no way he moves him out. I agree with the poster who said DMAC is on the chopping block, even if he is RH.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I bet Drew stays and McDonald goes.  It wouldn't look very good to release 2 guys that are making a combined $20M in the span of 1 week. Drew will be demoted to the bench.  The Sox will see if Reddick can hold up.  If he can then they go forward as is, if he can't then they go and get a RH bat to platoon him with. Case closed.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988
    well, the reality is that you cant really play reddick if drew is active and benched on the roster. unnecessary pressure. in same way, when pedroia got his shot , they allowed the guy they had signed from KC who hit prettty well the year before to go when they could have signed him at a discount. you just dont want al that extra pressure on a kid. divides the lockerroom. in same way they let cam go over d-mac. must ask who can best handle not being a regular or in a platoon. mac can be platooned as navarro just plays the sutton role. really no justifiable baseball reason to have drew on this team!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to DREW DONE ON MONDAY WHEN CRAW IS READY?:
    like theo making a baseball move on cam and cutting him. time to do the same with drew and give right to reddick and lets see what he has heading into the trade deadline and next offseason. let reddick play everyday with navarro giving him a blow every so often. i will keep mac around a bit longer for he will be an emergency guy and he plays great defense. he'S A nice guy to hold on to until you can get a better option. perhaps the japanese guy in the minors can come up and platoon with reddick. still, you never know. long as mac hits over .100, you keep him around. doesnt hurt to have one vet around in case craw or ells go down at some point. overall, navarro/red is a better combo than drew/cam/mac...
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Even with Drew having a bad season  and even if you start Reddick there is no reason you cut him. None.  You would rather have Navarro or the "Japanese guy" then Drew?  Any reason for that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Obama has crapped in the swamp.  The swamp won't be drained until Wastefield and Varitek are shown the door.  

C'mon dude.  Enough with the anti-Obama crapola.  He's a sight for sore eyes coming on the heels of Bushwhacker no matter whether you're a Dem, a Rep, a Greenie, a Branch Davidian, et. al. 

I'm on the fence with Wakefield and here's why: his outtings aren't pretty but they always seem to give the team a chance to win.  You figure it'll be three or four runs given up but with the Sox offense I'll take it.  And he's definitely pulled our fat out of the fire on more than one occasion.

As for Varitek I'm firmly in the camp of "keep him around as a backup".  Salty still isn't a lock for catcher yet despite seemingly settling into the role.  And Beckett always has his panties in a bunch when V-Tek isn't catching so least he's worth that much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: DREW DONE ON MONDAY WHEN CRAW IS READY? : try and stick to the subject please..Your predictions and personal grudges with certain players show how little you know about baseball...but keep it up, i always enjoy laughing at your pathetic thoughts..
    Posted by southpaw777

Amen to that. I am sick of the useless political comments. As to the subject at hand, as much as I think Drew is the most disappointing acquisition in recent history, McDonald has proved he cannot cut it, and there is just NO WAY a contending ball club can put someone in the starting line-up who is batting .100 in July (too demoralizing for everyone to have a complete black hole in the offense), so the most he could be is a pinch hitter (and not likely to be any good at that either!). So Drew stays IMO, but wouldn't bother me if he goes either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee--yazzer. Show thee--yazzer's posts

let's see how this adds up:

cameron released, henry eats 3.6 million dollars.

drew released, henry eats 7 million dollars.

jenks released, henry eats 9 million dollars.

i wonder how much henry would save if he released theo?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee--yazzer. Show thee--yazzer's posts

hey corpse,

are you sure it wasn't a 'baby ruth' bar?
    why don't you check with bill murray 1st.

of course, you are the expert when it comes to 'crap.'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Why in the world would you want to keep McDonald?  He couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag.  He is useless!  Cut him NOW! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I would play Reddick full time, but I respect Theo/Terry's greater knowledge of what to do.  I love the fact that yesterday Drew went into the game as a late-inning sub, hit a single, and made a great effort on that foul fly.  75% of opposing pitchers are righties, so it's possible Drew can still do some good. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee--yazzer. Show thee--yazzer's posts

I would play Reddick full time, but I respect Theo/Terry's greater knowledge of what to do.  I love the fact that yesterday Drew went into the game as a late-inning sub, hit a single, and made a great effort on that foul fly.  75% of opposing pitchers are righties, so it's possible Drew can still do some good. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

anything's possible; in drew's case highly doubtful. dfa the guy, henry will only have to eat @7 million. with theo as the GM, that's cheaper than usual.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee--yazzer. Show thee--yazzer's posts

i voted no because theo's been embarrassed enough, and just to save face he'll keep nancy around.
    the same goes for jenks.

is it true that john henry did adopt theo?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Drew and Jenks will not be DFA. Anyone with any sense knows that will not happen this year. Drew relagated to a complete bench role, Jenks on DL for most of the year are more likely outcomes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why would you dfa drew? he's in his last year of his contract (that money is gone - no savings there) and even if he gets demoted from starting he is a great late inning defensive replacment and still has decent speed to pinch run

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Next time Drew gets an injury put him on the DL and replace him with someome who can hit.

Let him spend the rest of the year on the DL.

Meanwhile Reddick plays RF. McDonald Stays as a bench player ( until they find someone else).

Drew , obviously does not get resigned beyond 2011, and the Sox evaluate Reddick's performance from June 2011 until the end of season and decide if they go shopping or if he is their guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to DREW DONE ON MONDAY WHEN CRAW IS READY? : Even with Drew having a bad season  and even if you start Reddick there is no reason you cut him. None.  You would rather have Navarro or the "Japanese guy" then Drew?  Any reason for that?
    Posted by snakeoil123
    look, i like drew,  have no beef with his demeanor or frequent days off for seemingly trivial "injuries". i always give him the benefit of the doubt. facts are facts. if reddick was a right handed bater, i would want drew over mac. but he's not. nothing can be flourished with drew hanging around. theo's ego must come second to the team's agenda. drew-cam were busts move on. i rather have nav. cant be much worse than drew, and has more versatility. i would keep mac til after the trade deadline. if he's still not hitting or we can get an upgrade, you go find a righty bench type. more of them hanging around than a left-handed bat. 

btw, i like jenks. way too early to give up on him. very flukishinjuries and setbacks. signed a 3-year deal, you give him a full year and perhaps drop him to the 6th-7th inning with albers and aceves. i want miller and bard in the 8th inning role. miller has some experience relieving. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to DREW DONE ON MONDAY WHEN CRAW IS READY? : Why in the world would you want to keep McDonald?  He couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag.  He is useless!  Cut him NOW! 
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

Insanity is spreading.  Let's think for a second.  We have a good fielding RF with an OPS of .660.  We have a weak fielder with an OPS of .356.

Yeah, let's cut the player who is approximately twice as good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Theo had brilliant in constructing the OF, present and future. He said he would take the hit for his idiocy, though.

His decisions at shortstop have been at least as misguided.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

more reasons we should be done with drew by monday: daniel nava, the switch hitter,  who proved last year that he could be a major leaguer had an impressive june after a slow start by hitting.407 with .505 obp and .558 slugging with 2 hrs at pawtucket. at portland, defensive whiz and lefty bat chih-hsien chiang hit  .320/.391/.680 with 7 HRs. i would rather go with nava, sutton and navarro with reddick.

if reddick falters or someone gets hurt, would rather bring up chiang. drew is done! would demote mac back to pawtucket til needed. we can alaways find some rightie hitting part-time outfielder. drew is like jonah from the bible at this point. he just drains the life and energy from the right field party. just time for a message and new direction. these kids will give us a jolt and time for us to skewer the waiver wire or make a minor trade. enough is enough. 

rest of the prospects article:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah. UR idea of a Cam/Kalish platoon would pay dividends.

Sections
Shortcuts