Drew HR & RBI since returning from DL July 20

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Drew HR & RBI since returning from DL July 20

46 games

7 HR

31 RBI

Not bad for a shortstop hitting in the lower third of the order.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Drew HR & RBI since returning from DL July 20

Drew has been solid in the field and at the plate. That play he made Wednesday against the Rays was classic stuff.

I couldn't care less what his salary is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Drew has been solid in the field and at the plate. That play he made Wednesday against the Rays was classic stuff.

this my man...is so true...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

How does his OPS compare with Iglesias, who isn't making 9.5 million?

To Hfxsoxnut's point, Drew's OPS since July 20 is .813.

Iglesias' .618

And you guys that are alway complaining about money know the Red Sox had paid Iglesias $6Million total to play in the minors until this season, right?

-Daf.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Softy is back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

HF , please.

Drew is getting paid like a guy who should get strong condsideration for the All Star team. He was virtually invisible for over half the season. There is a reason they signed him for only one year. It's called we need a band aid until one of the kids is ready.

Bogaerts and Iglesias are both MLB calibre now, Bogaerts wins by default because Iglesias is a Tiger now. Drew is about ready to become a bench player , possibly at the AAA level. No way this guy ever starts at SS in the majors after this year, no GM is that stupid.

"Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket."- George Orwell

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Oranges and apples.

Try sticking to the point made.

Obviously the Red Sox didn't believe Iggy was ready or they wouldn't have gone out on a limb for Drew.

How about the value to the team at present?

Drew has had several game winning hits or game saving fielding plays.  For all the possiblity that Iggy pictures - and I was looking forward to it - consider the realitythat Drew has been a favorable part of the winning team we are enjoyuing.

Add to that the fact that we didn't get nothing back for Iggy - we bolstered the starting pitching with Jake Peavy ... and if there is further need to support that point, I will leave that to his value every time he toes the rubber ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

HF , please.

Drew is getting paid like a guy who should get strong condsideration for the All Star team. He was virtually invisible for over half the season. There is a reason they signed him for only one year. It's called we need a band aid until one of the kids is ready.

Bogaerts and Iglesias are both MLB calibre now, Bogaerts wins by default because Iglesias is a Tiger now. Drew is about ready to become a bench player , possibly at the AAA level. No way this guy ever starts at SS in the majors after this year, no GM is that stupid.

"Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket."- George Orwell

You seem to be letting your emotions get the better of you when it comes to Drew. About ready to be a bench player? Are you kidding me? Drew has been one of the best all-around SS in the since coming off the DL. Take a look at starting SS and Drew will be an upgrade for  more than half the teams in the league, maybe even as many as 20 teams.

Yes, his first half was sketchy, but any reasonable analysis will cut him a break because of how the concussion slowed his spring and start to the season. Even still, once back he played great defense all year and had some clutch hits in the first half.

Drew easily will get a three-year deal and be worth it. Take a look at the starting SS in the majors. How many can match Drew offensively and defensively?

The Sox will and should offer him a qualifying offer because it will give them the draft pick. It might hinder the number of teams who will go after him, but he still should get that multi-year deal. Should Boras play hardball too much and scare teams off, getting Drew back for a year won't be an issue. He'd still be easy to trade with the one-year deal. And worse case scenario is he's back at SS and you move Bogaerts and Middlebrooks to 3B and 1B respectively.

I don't expect Drew to be the starting SS. Boras wants a multi-year deal for Drew and likely will get it. Teams will see how he's done since being 100 percent healthy. So Drew will go somewhere for three years and the Sox will get a draft pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Drew also was signed to a ONE! Year contract people. It's not as if the sox needed the cap space, and it's not going to change any financial decisions going forward.  

Drew was a one year Mercenary who played like an above average SS for one year and could even possibly return us a draft pick.  The complaints against Drew are baseless, but there is no way he signs a multi year deal in Boston, it's not happening....think Adrian Beltre.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Player A was a bum, player B is a hero. Player A was the SS on a champion. Player B is the SS on a potenial champion.

Why was Player A : 147GP...36 DOUBLES....8 HRS...73 RBIS....33 SBS....48 BBS... .237AVG....a bum,

and Player B : 113 GP....27 DOUBLES....12 HRS.....62 RBIS...4 SBS....50BBS...   .249 AVG....A HERO?

Player A is Julio Lugo, 2007 Red Sox.

Player B is Stephen Drew, 2013 Red Sox.

The numbers compare favorably for Lugo who was run out of town because he wasn't good enough.

Lugo played more games, drove in more runs, stole more bases and was the equal or better than Drew in fielding.

Why do we love one guy and we hated the other?

Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket."- George Orwell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

!. I didn't hate Lugo.

2. You tell me? You're the one hating on Drew.

3. Lugo played in Boston 2 more years after 2007. so maybe you should put his stats for 2009, because that was when he was "run out of town".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Because lugo had high expectations, then he came in here and put up a .6 and a .7 War, which was a fraction of what he did before Boston.  Drew is playing with a 2.2War, is more clutch, and defensive Metrics suggest that in fact Drew is a superior defender. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Player A was a bum, player B is a hero. Player A was the SS on a champion. Player B is the SS on a potenial champion.

Why was Player A : 147GP...36 DOUBLES....8 HRS...73 RBIS....33 SBS....48 BBS... .237AVG....a bum,

and Player B : 113 GP....27 DOUBLES....12 HRS.....62 RBIS...4 SBS....50BBS...   .249 AVG....A HERO?

Player a is Julio Lugo, 2007 Red Sox

Player B is Stephen Drew, 2013 Red Sox.

The numbers compare favorably for Lugo who was run out of town because he wasn't good enough.

Lugo played more games, drove in more runs, stole more bases and was the equal or better than Drew in fielding.

Why do we love one guy and we hated the other?

Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket."- George Orwell

Player a was a lousy defesnsive shortstop and played in 20 more games that year.

Player b is an above average shortstop who was beaned in the head during spring training and missed almost all of it as well as the begining of the season because of mlb new concussion policies. 

you hate him because of his last name. I don't know many that hate Julio lugo that much except for maybe a few hyperbolic clowns which is what you are being about drew. Minor league or uif what a joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to 37stories's comment:

!. I didn't hate Lugo.

I don't hate Drew!!!

you are manufacturing a "hatred" that I don't have.

I crtiticize because on a 3rd place team, no one would be starting threads about this guy....he is not the reason for this team being where they are, anymore than Lugo was the reason why the 2007 Red Sox won....or the 2008 Red Sox lost. The media and these boards tore Lugo to shreds, they tore Lackey to shreds last year when he struggled.... now everyone loves him.

Maybe you didn't hate Lugo but he was trashed bigtime, when he did his job in 2007, he and Drew are not all that different except that we get threads praising one, while we only had threads bashing the other.

No one ever posted a positve thread about Julio Lugo. No newspaper columnist ever wrote an article giving him one once of credit.

See the hypocrisy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lugo never put up an OPS above .685 in Boston and Drew is almost a 100 points higher after a slow start

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

!. I didn't hate Lugo.

I don't hate Drew!!!

I crtiticize because on a 3rd place team, no one would be starting threads about this guy....he is not the reason for this team being where they are, anymore than Lugo was the reason why the 2007 Red Sox won....or the 2008 Red Sox lost. The media and these boards tore Lugo to shreds, they tore Lackey to shreds last year when he struggled.... now everyone loves him.

Maybe you didn't hate Lugo but he was trashed bigtime, when he did his job in 2007, he and Drew are not all that different except that we get threads praising one, while we only had threads bashing the other.

No one ever posted a positve thread about Julio Lugo. No newspaper columnist ever wrote an article giving him one once of credit.

See the hypocrisy?

I get your point.  I just took issue with you saying that no ML GM would give Drew a starting job. Like him or not he is better than quite a few starting SS out there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If you're upset about it, please feel free to start a thread about Lugo.  This thread is about Drew. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

!. I didn't hate Lugo.

I don't hate Drew!!!

See the hypocrisy?

Drew has has several game winning hits so you are wrong they would not have the record they have without him. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Softy is back.

Since he was 100% wrong on everything he predicted this year, I am curious to see what he'll do for an encore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

If you're upset about it, please feel free to start a thread about Lugo.  This thread is about Drew. 

I made a comparison.

Never said I was upset, never said I hated anyone.

People are making up stuff that is not true or accurate.

I am only stating facts that are straight from Baseball Reference .COM.

Drew is only a hero right now because everything is peaches and cream in Red Sox land. If the team was tanking lik ethe 2008 team, people would not be so in love with him, as they found faults with Lugo. And conversly had the 2008 Red Sox won, Lugo would probably have been spared the bashing, just as Lackey has gained a reprieve because the Red Sox TEAM is in 1st place, and despite Lackey's poor W/L record , he is healthy and pitching as well as he did before his injury. Just as negative threads about Napoli have surfaced and then disapeared as the team fluctuated between winning and losing.

Nobody is hating anyone, just pointing out facts. Can't people understand that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Softy is back.

Since he was 100% wrong on everything he predicted this year, I am curious to see what he'll do for an encore.

get banned? again.

Sections
Shortcuts