Drew must GOOOO

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Drew must GOOOO

Join us next week for another thrilling episode of Short-sighted Baseball Opinion Theatre when our hero rages over another 0-fer from the Sox batter of your choice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Join us next week for another thrilling episode of Short-sighted Baseball Opinion Theatre when our hero rages over another 0-fer from the Sox batter of your choice.

seems to be a new one every game...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Why would these guys retire?

Have you looked at their salaries lately?

Please, think before you post. Just because you don't like particular players or because they are slumping, it does not mean they are going to throw money away. I mean , where else are these guys going to make this kind of money....and that's what it's all about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Please, think before you post. Just because you don't like particular players or because they are slumping, it does not mean they are going to throw money away. I mean , where else are these guys going to make this kind of money....and that's what it's all about.

Cynic. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

This is very true.  Wonder if that has anything to do with the nature of the game ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Cynic. :)

I am indeed a cynic, but at least I'm an honest cynic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

This is very true.  Wonder if that has anything to do with the nature of the game ...

I only think there is a handful of completely negative posters here that inundate the forum with negative senseless bashing which gives the appearance that the whole forum is negative. There are a number of posters who need to see more production, but want the team to win and will admit, and want to be proved wrong. For the most part the forum is pretty positive and realistic IMO.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hey softy, wait, he's going to hit .290 dont you know..lol

what a disgrace his contract and signing is...a DISGRACE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

yeah, maybe the sure handed Ciriaco can replace him, or the injured Iggy who cant hit AAA pitching...

since 4/22 Drew's obp is a couple points south of .800, something Iggy will probably never do.

Also, and I would expect a guy who claims to understand the game know this.. Drew started hitting about the time he accumilated the amout of AB's one usually has at the end of ST.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What nonsense.  Nava, also batting lefty, also had 3 K's, but no hits.  Drew got a hit, which is one more than Ellsbury Pedroia, Carp or Napoli got.  Ross got that dinger, and Ortiz that 2-run dinger, but otherwise the Sox were not hitting yesterday or Saturday or Friday.  I did get mad at Drew that one time when he got four straight pitches outside the strike zone and swung at two of them. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I only think there is a handful of completely negative posters here that inundate the forum with negative senseless bashing which gives the appearance that the whole forum is negative. There are a number of posters who need to see more production, but want the team to win and will admit, and want to be proved wrong. For the most part the forum is pretty positive and realistic IMO.

I do not disagree.  Of course the squeeky wheels are loudest, so the board seems more negative than it really is.  but i do not take issue with your notion.  And I understand wanting more production. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

S. Drew is doing exactly what he was doing in the last years before management said "we want him for 10 million, he's a UIF'er bum who can't field well enough to be a UIF'er.

Anyone notice that "Drew is now hitting". That's not a question.

We hvae a managment shill on this Board, southfaux, who has been touting S. Drew "he will slug" all along. The reality is that managment keeps embarrassing itself with the latest revolving SS door of the slugging Mr. Goodbar, which has been de facto incompetence. I knew they would pay a fortune for S. Drew, because his agent had to have the incompetent Red Sox management suckers on speed-dial.

Liar..I NEVER said or even came close to calling him a slugger. Like you said, we'll see where hes at come september.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Iglesias is hitting .235 in Pawtucket.  Doesn't Drew just need to be a top slugging SS in comparison to Iglesias?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"For the most part the forum is pretty positive and realistic IMO."

ha ha Pike would be very upset you said that. Remember, the forum is falling apart due to faux Sox fans stirring up trouble with negativity, and has been falling apart for years.  LMAO

"Unless one views SS as a hitting poistion where the SS has poor range"

To be fair the Sox have (mistakenly) viewed the SS as a hitting position for a long time now....

You may be right about Drew but since you've asked us to wait and judge your player-by-player assessment until there is a bigger sample size I'm sure you won't mind if the rest of us also do that with Drew....

" unless S. Drew slugs as one of top of AL SS in OPS (OPS+), his signing makes zero sense"

Nice job raising the bar....how about if he's simply a productive member of a championship team like your pal Lugo you have defended ad nauseum in here...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Iglesias is hitting .235 in Pawtucket.  Doesn't Drew just need to be a top slugging SS in comparison to Iglesias?  

drew is (not) hitting 50 points lower and making 10 mil a yr...glad youre satisfied with that fatty salami....i say just call it a loss and chuck it into the trash

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Drews OPS is almost 800 since April 22nd

Sections
Shortcuts