Drew must GOOOO

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Drew must GOOOO

In response to trantor's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

This is very true.  Wonder if that has anything to do with the nature of the game ...

I only think there is a handful of completely negative posters here that inundate the forum with negative senseless bashing which gives the appearance that the whole forum is negative. There are a number of posters who need to see more production, but want the team to win and will admit, and want to be proved wrong. For the most part the forum is pretty positive and realistic IMO.

I do not disagree.  Of course the squeeky wheels are loudest, so the board seems more negative than it really is.  but i do not take issue with your notion.  And I understand wanting more production. 

But in my short time here I notice that the forum revolves around Softlaw, Georom, ADG, teddyoldlman, Pumsietroll, and negative OPs? Is it just my imagination? Where are the positive threads? After all, it is supposed to be positive since we are in first place and many expected far worse? Why is the mood so downcast?

2 reasons-

Much like the news of the day, the most outrageous and stupid statements get the most attention.

There is only one-reciprocity.  When the trolls say something stupid, there are 5-10 posters looking to teach them some BB.  When someone like Moon posts some FG type numbers, the trolls glaze over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

got your wish..Drew must GOOOO.....DEEP TO RF to tie the game!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Softlaw plays a great non-fan, contrarian, and devil's advocate. Is he salaried?

oooooooooooohhhh!   Makes you wonder????

It also makes me wonder if you're looking forward to your 3-SUM with Pikey & TV-guy's guy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

This is very true.  Wonder if that has anything to do with the nature of the game ...

I only think there is a handful of completely negative posters here that inundate the forum with negative senseless bashing which gives the appearance that the whole forum is negative. There are a number of posters who need to see more production, but want the team to win and will admit, and want to be proved wrong. For the most part the forum is pretty positive and realistic IMO.

I do not disagree.  Of course the squeeky wheels are loudest, so the board seems more negative than it really is.  but i do not take issue with your notion.  And I understand wanting more production. 

But in my short time here I notice that the forum revolves around Softlaw, Georom, ADG, teddyoldlman, Pumsietroll, and negative OPs? Is it just my imagination? Where are the positive threads? After all, it is supposed to be positive since we are in first place and many expected far worse? Why is the mood so downcast?

Dull and Boring

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Why would these guys retire?

Have you looked at their salaries lately?

Please, think before you post. Just because you don't like particular players or because they are slumping, it does not mean they are going to throw money away. I mean , where else are these guys going to make this kind of money....and that's what it's all about.

Cynic. :)

I am indeed a cynic, but at least I'm an honest cynic.

Not being critical. I wrote it with a smile. An honest one. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Worst. Timing. Ever.

Drew's first 9 games (34 PA's) of the season: .100 BA / .339 OPS

12 games (48 PA's) since: .317 BA / .981 OPS

If the first sample size was big enough to write him off (though most of the Drew haters didn't wait 9 games...more like one or two, if they gave him the chance to take the field at all), is the second big enough to start giving him a little credit? He's not going to be Nomar Garciaparra, but most level-headed folk around here took his talent and history into account and, cognizant of the fact that he basically had no ST because of the concussion, preached patience. It should come as no shock that he's starting to get hot and pull his weight in the lineup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Wild applause, flapjack07.  Someone said something like that last week, but this update is even more powerful.  Time will tell, but so far Drew looks like a good fit and a smart acquisition.  Not that the FO doesn't also like Iglesias a lot--they've already paid him $10M-- but it was smart to hedge that bet. 

Funny thing is, softlaw keeps insisting what a waste of money Drew is at $9.5M for this season, but I'm guessing by the end of this season Drew will have earned more of that $9.5M than Iglesias his $10M.  Let's not forget Iglesias has a lot of minor league games, including AAA, games under his belt, plus a bunch of starts at SS last summer plus ST and a few MLB games this year.  I still like him because he is such a great fielder, but can see why the Sox brought in Drew for a season. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Drews OPS is almost 800 since April 22nd

What's his OPS since May 3rd.

What's his OPS since he broke his wheels.

What's his OPS since he made his first start for the Red Sox.

S. Drew is still in spring training, so look for bigtime slugging once he finished his "spring training".

actually its .981 since 4/22. He started hitting and getting his timing back about the same time he had the amount of AB's one would have at the end of ST. But I dont expect someone like you to understand that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

S. Drew is still in spring training, so look for bigtime slugging once he finished his "spring training".

This is the most beautiful side-step-smoke-and-mirrors-nonsensical avante poetry i have read in a long time.  Are you sure you are as conservative as you say?  This is straight beat poetry.  Nay, even better, it is totally surrealist.  You turn reality on its head.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Last night's game must have sent you to bed, sobbing. lol

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think it's a fair bet we wouldn't have won this game with Iglesias at SS.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

S. Drew is doing exactly what he was doing in the last years before management said "we want him for 10 million, he's a UIF'er bum who can't field well enough to be a UIF'er.

Anyone notice that "Drew is now hitting". That's not a question.

We hvae a managment shill on this Board, southfaux, who has been touting S. Drew "he will slug" all along. The reality is that managment keeps embarrassing itself with the latest revolving SS door of the slugging Mr. Goodbar, which has been de facto incompetence. I knew they would pay a fortune for S. Drew, because his agent had to have the incompetent Red Sox management suckers on speed-dial.

Liar..I NEVER said or even came close to calling him a slugger. Like you said, we'll see where hes at come september.

Hi South, 

It's nice to know, at least from the Great Soft One that you're in direct contact with the Sox Management. How did you get that privileged ?? A shill no less. You're so lucky !! How can I become a well known shill ?

Cheers, 

Hetch

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

S. Drew's OPS in 2011 and 2012 and 2013 is what he is, a veteran reject who is a poor fielder and who has a career OPS+ that only an idiot would have offered 10 million for.

There is one poster who is so giddy over the one game sample that he wants a qualifying offer made to S. Drew. Of course, S. Drew will accept it, right now.

I've noted that this Board loves the S. Drew signing, now. I hope that the stupid Red Sox GM is smart enough to cut his losses on this bum and go with Iglesias. There is no indication of that, and I expect S. Drew to be bought high like a 10 million dollar gold toilet seat, and sold low or thrown in the dumspter with a qualifying offer being truly the definition of insanity.

Drew 2012, 2013,

Ellsbury 2010, 2012

Taking injury years and rating them as actual performance.  That is truly the definition of insanity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

S. Drew's OPS in 2011 and 2012 and 2013 is what he is, a veteran reject who is a poor fielder and who has a career OPS+ that only an idiot would have offered 10 million for.

There is one poster who is so giddy over the one game sample that he wants a qualifying offer made to S. Drew. Of course, S. Drew will accept it, right now.

I've noted that this Board loves the S. Drew signing, now. I hope that the stupid Red Sox GM is smart enough to cut his losses on this bum and go with Iglesias. There is no indication of that, and I expect S. Drew to be bought high like a 10 million dollar gold toilet seat, and sold low or thrown in the dumspter with a qualifying offer being truly the definition of insanity.

Ahhh, referring to incomplete injury years to state your case...you, my friend, are a piece of work.

Please note that I did indeed love the Drew signing. Never requested a QO though. Although, if he does continue to have a great year, a QO that would net a comp. pick would not be out of the question I would imagine.

See, when you refer to 2008-2010 before he was injured, like me, you might have realized that Drew was one of the better SS in the league. A MUCH better option this year.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts