Drew must GOOOO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Drew must GOOOO

Space, what's your 2014 contract offer to Ellsbury and S. Drew, and remember not to value them without including the time tyhe was "hurt".

[/QUOTE]

Why would I even bother in this speculation?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

best record in baseball and still all the complaints...chill the f out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Griping about Ellsbury and Drew and others is how softy diverts us from discussing how well the Sox are doing.  Neither one of them has yet earned a big contract for 2014 and after, but the good news is they are going to play hard for the Sox in their contract years.  Softlaw keeps trying to find a downside to that reality, but I don't think he can.  They want to succeed, and we want them to succeed--but not Softy, of course. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Drew 2012, 2013,

Ellsbury 2010, 2012

Taking injury years and rating them as actual performance. That is truly the definition of insanity.

Ignroing "injury years" and rating them as performance instead of non-performance, that is truly the definition of idiocy.

Take Ellsbury 2008 and 2009 and 2013, if you would like.

Space, what's your 2014 contract offer to Ellsbury and S. Drew, and remember not to value them without including the time tyhe was "hurt".

Folks, when healthy, Ellsbury and S. Drew are truly 10 million plus a year contract profiles who are going to be core members for any wise GM's out there. Keep a keen eye on these guys, and pay attention to what these guys have done when they had their best years and were healthy. Ignore the years they weren't healthy and had lower numbers or missed some time.

now your getting it...See I knew you could.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Drew 2012, 2013,

Ellsbury 2010, 2012

Taking injury years and rating them as actual performance. That is truly the definition of insanity.

Ignroing "injury years" and rating them as performance instead of non-performance, that is truly the definition of idiocy.

Take Ellsbury 2008 and 2009 and 2013, if you would like.

Folks, when healthy, Ellsbury and S. Drew are truly 10 million plus a year contract profiles who are going to be core members for any wise GM's out there. Keep a keen eye on these guys, and pay attention to what these guys have done when they had their best years and were healthy. Ignore the years they weren't healthy and had lower numbers or missed some time.

now your getting it...See I knew you could.

Will Schumpeter get it also in respect to Bailey?

neither of them ever will...Not part of their schtick

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

He's not any everyday SS, unless value marginal middle infield defense on an everyday basis as good enough for a guy who isn't paid 10 million to field the SS position well.

Incomprehensible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Drew currently has an OPS of .711 and has committed one error in 21 games while showing decent range.  My expectation is he will finish the season with an OPS of over .800 and continue to field well while playing in 140 or more games.  That's decent value--better, really, than any recent Sox SS. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The same reason you are speculating about S. Drew being more than what his injury years and his non-injury years say he is.

Not really.  Speculating about contracts for guys, at this stage of the season when it is totally unecessary and whom I don't consider must-signs, is just not even on my radar.   Asserting that it is not rational to count injury years as if it were actual performance ... that isn't even speculation.  But if I were to speculate, I would say, yeah, I guarantee with absolutely no doubt that Drew and Ellsbury will produce significantly more than they did on the DL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Drews OPS is almost 800 since April 22nd

is Drew at .200 yet?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

is Drew at .200 yet?

Yes.  You do occasionally check the RS stats, right?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

is Drew at .200 yet?

yup, just keep downplaying him having a .981 OPS since 4/22...just got another hit too as we speak.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

The same reason you are speculating about S. Drew being more than what his injury years and his non-injury years say he is.

Not really.  Speculating about contracts for guys, at this stage of the season when it is totally unecessary and whom I don't consider must-signs, is just not even on my radar.   Asserting that it is not rational to count injury years as if it were actual performance ... that isn't even speculation.  But if I were to speculate, I would say, yeah, I guarantee with absolutely no doubt that Drew and Ellsbury will produce significantly more than they did on the DL.

Why would one want to speculate a bout the RS re-signing two guys that they are very unlikely to be interested in re-signing?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

is Drew at .200 yet?

yup, just keep downplaying him having a .981 OPS since 4/22...just got another hit too as we speak.

It is obviously way too early to draw any conclusions (unless you hate everyone on the team) but Drew, at his level of ABs, has the highest WAR/AB in the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Joey   WAR   you know the sound....but he is hitting better and looks like he's getting into a groove....i will take it...seems like a likeable enough guy (i never hated on his brother) but his hitting prowess has been way overrated....he literally has not hit over .280 since his third year....however his fielding is better than i expected

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Joey   WAR   you know the sound....but he is hitting better and looks like he's getting into a groove....i will take it...seems like a likeable enough guy (i never hated on his brother) but his hitting prowess has been way overrated....he literally has not hit over .280 since his third year....however his fielding is better than i expected

I'm at a loss to understand how his hitting is overrated.  His stats are his stats.  He has a career .761.  It is not a subjective stat that can be either underrated or overrated.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts