Drew RISING?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Drew RISING?

3SUM:   trantor + tv-guy + pikey = 0

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

What's absolutely hysterical, is watching Pike / tantrun / tv-guy tilt at windmills visa vi Stiffy being Moon,  & vice versa.  LOL

I'm not sure he's quite 'there' enough to even pick up on the very simple irony???

Is it that he's really that gone?

Is that he's actually that stooopid?

Is that he really still thinks he's got everyone fooled?

Which brings us right back to the first question.

Any way you slice it, this guy is seriously tipped  ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I don't know anyone who isn't happy for Drew - the guy had a great night after struggling.  Good for him and the Sox - a big win.

Still not a great option at SS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I don't know anyone who isn't happy for Drew - the guy had a great night after struggling.  Good for him and the Sox - a big win.

Most of us were stunned by the signing, as it was at a severely inflated contract price.  As was Papi's contract.  Still.....  What's the problem at this point?  Especially given the fact that these contracts are locked in.

THE GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Both contracts may prove to be 'great deals!'

We all wanted Papi back, just not at this price.  Even at the current inflated golden parachute retirement contract, Papi still may be a great value!  So...  We got him back, as we all wanted, and he is producing big time!!!  :)  Awesome!

Drew?  While I'm not completely convinced, Ben C. could very well come out of this smelling like roses!  I love to see Drew step up, & I'm starting to see the ball-player he could still well be!  I'm actually starting to really like the guy!!!  :)  Sooooooo......   We might as well enjoy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I don't really care how much he is paid. 

I'm happy for Drew - but it's a Drew family trait to have flashes of brilliance surrounded by mediocre underperformance.

Maybe he'll hit .295 and have a great year - it would be a pleasant surprise.

Last year he was awful and no one else wanted him - but maybe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I'm happy for Drew - but it's a Drew family trait to have flashes of brilliance surrounded by mediocre underperformance.

I admit.....  I share your bias, but I'm fighting through it.  It's tough, as we had to struggle through the last few years of J.D.

Still.....  I sense a different guy in Steven??/  Wishful thinking?  I don't know.

I'm really willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, as I know it's not rational to judge him based on his brother, or his over-inflated contract for that matter.

I'm pulling for this kid to keep rolling!  He's definitely growing on me!!!  :)  Bringing the Sox back twice tonight goes a long way........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Drew's ability to hit was predictable. Middlebrooks though is very disappointing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Before the season is through, I guess a .270 BA with an OPS between .750 and .800.  The only concern on offense among the starters is Middlebrooks, who hasn't established enough of a history to know to where the water level should rise.  Nava may dip, but between Gomes and Carp, there's enough coverage to expect decent overall production from leftfield.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

11 rbi's last 10 games. Seems to finally be finishing his ST, after missing good portion with concussion. Has played well in the field and can do something Iggy won't win games w/ his bat. While Iggy will save runs during the course of the season, Drew can win games offensively. This is where the defensive metric Guru's have a tough time realizing. While I like Iggy's glove, if only he had Drews bat.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Your point of view is inane. Their is no family trait except for the one you've invented and a few other paranoid fans see. Be real and get back to realaity mate !!

Hetch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

S. Drew, before the bad wheels, has a career OPS of .758.

Current OPS, after the "I love S. Drew giddiness":

Current OPS .711

2011  OPS .758

2012 OPS .657

I like how giddy Joe is, anticipating a qualifying offer, which S. Drew will immediately accept.

Perfect time to sell S. Drew and his contract, and send a lot of cash to get a lousy prospect. He is what he is, a lousy fielding SS who will be back in the dumpster at year end.  

well, if he does end up in the dumpster, at least you'll have some company.

Hi Yazz, 

Ignore the idiot. You'll have a more peaceful life on BDC. Drew could hit .300 the rest of the year, win a gold glove and Soft As Chit would still say he's terrible. 

Hetch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Your point of view is inane. Their is no family trait except for the one you've invented and a few other paranoid fans see. Be real and get back to realaity mate !!

Hetch

So you thought I was actually saying there is a genetic issue here?

My goodness. 

Are you this humorless all the time? 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hetch

So you thought I was actually saying there is a genetic issue here?

My goodness. 

Are you this humorless all the time? 

No ghost I've plenty of humor. If you've read my posts in the past you'd find in between serious posts I post plenty of sarcasm and very "obvious" humor, but sorry your humor didn't come accross as such or your sarcasm. You have to realize, which I'm sure you do that there are plenty who do share this point of view and actually believe it. They may not say it's genetic but the Drew's share the same last name so the hate comes out.

A bit of Dead Humor below on a rather grave subject. Dig it !!

How's that for Earthy Humor. 

black humor cartoons, black humor cartoon, black humor picture, black humor pictures, black humor image, black humor images, black humor illustration, black humor illustrations

Cheers, 

Hetch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

you're right, hetch, but i do enjoy dissing the idiot. his arrogance is only preceded by his stupidity.

GO SOX!

Yazz, 

I know. but I won't unblock Softy but just read his blurbs in other posts. If he actually brings up a good point I will offer serious comment but in general I'll just have fun with him at his expense. I've unblocked Bill806 for now, as for Conan he stays blocked. His one liners are a bore. 

Hetch

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You last sentence doesn't make sense. It is either him or Igelias and Igelias can't hit in AAA.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

7 for his last 24 (.292) in his last  seven games before  tonight.

Make that 11 for his last 29 (.379).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

you're right, hetch, but i do enjoy dissing the idiot. his arrogance is only preceded by his stupidity.

GO SOX!

Yazz, 

I know. but I won't unblock Softy but just read his blurbs in other posts. If he actually brings up a good point I will offer serious comment but in general I'll just have fun with him at his expense. I've unblocked Bill806 for now, as for Conan he stays blocked. His one liners are a bore. 

Hetch

in defense of conan, there are a lot of whiners and a lot of spam.

Yazz, 

I wouldn't mind his one liners so much if he actually had something of import or present an actual point of view now and then but all he ever posts are his one liners. It gets to be a bit boring after a while. I use the Ignore like I do the "D" button on my keyboard. 

Hetch 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Perfect time to sell S. Drew and his contract...

How many times do you have to be told something for it to sink in?

It is not the "perfect time" to trade Drew, because by MLB rules, he cannot be traded until mid June. Get it, clown?

Please try to keep up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If Iggy could do this hitting he should be here but right now he can't so he needs to work inn AAA

.264 .328 .432 .761

Trying to figure out how these numbers work out to being a LOUSY SS

Fielding % as SS s c a p y
    2008 NL  .976 (5th)
    2009 NL  .980 (5th)
    2010 NL  .984 (2nd)
    2013 AL  .987 (2nd)
    Active  .978 (7th)  

25. This post has been removed.