Drew shows he's a gamer

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Drew shows he's a gamer

Too bad he didn't "try to play" with the sixteen other "injuries" he's had since joining the Sox.

Maybe we all would have respected him sooner.

There isn't much he could do at this point to show me anything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I'm with you.

Congrats for trying to gut out the black eye.  Not many players would even try to get back on the field after one like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

He should have consulted Jed Lowrie on union rules.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Lowrie played hurt this year, also in 2008.  This has been documented.

Good for Drew, although I never thought he was a malingerer.  My assumption all along was that he prefers to play.  Not playing because of vertigo is completely understandable.  My complaint is not that Drew is a shirker, but that he has legitimate health issues that still add up to the same thing--limited playing time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

BDC is becoming like PRAVDA - full of dishonest "news" that begs for objectivity - Drew is not a gamer, he is not clutch, he aint even good at this point..enough already...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Lowrie played hurt this year, also in 2008.  This has been documented.

Lowrie did not play hurt this year, he's on the DL with an MRI that showed nothing. To play baseball, bumps and bruises are part of the deal. 

In 2008, he played hurt for the sole reason of getting a MLB call-up. That didn't last long, either.

2009  "Hurt" missed most of the season
    2010 "Hurt" missed most of the season
    2011 "Hurt"

Lowrie's working the closed shop. He's waiting until the last or or two years on the service clock, like only union slugs that push a broom for a half a million dollars.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Drew shows he's a gamer:
    BDC is becoming like PRAVDA - full of dishonest "news" that begs for objectivity - Drew is not a gamer, he is not clutch, he aint even good at this point..enough already...
    Posted by georom4

...and you teach which grade? The least you could have done was use an apostrophe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In Response to Re: Drew shows he's a gamer : ...and you teach which grade? The least you could have done was use an apostrophe.
    Posted by harness

No no no.  Please.  Apostrophes are way, way overused.  We need to conserve them, and this is a start.

How many time do you see an apostrophe stuck before an "S," particularly in a headline or title?  Too many, and the problem is getting worse by the day. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

harness - i dont use ' because it cramps my alreaDY torturous  keyboarding skills...im at about 15 words a minute....brutal but true

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I'm with you. Congrats for trying to gut out the black eye.  Not many players would even try to get back on the field after one like that.
    Posted by Ergoetal

Not today's mamby-pambies. A hangnail keeps them on the 15 day DL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Drew shows he's a gamer : ...and you teach which grade? The least you could have done was use an apostrophe.
    Posted by harness

Harness is now the self-appointed grammar police.
    Is that all you do? Run posters down, who don't happen to share your point of view?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ha!  harnazz called out AGAIN!  Check out his messages on the member page of kimsaysthis and you shall see one messed up dude.

You would think he was the talking head for the BDC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Drew shows he's a gamer:
    I'm always among the first to dump on The Tepid One, but trying to play after fouling a ball off his eye makes me respect him.
    Posted by davetheknave

Apparently you never watch hockey.  Watch a few Bruins/Canadians game and you'll see what gutting it out is all about. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Playing hurt may help the image of the player, but usually hurts the team. I remember Lowrie keeping his injury secret as he went something like 1 for 20 a couple years back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I'm doubting it was a foul ball off the bat... I'm kinda thinking somebody (Maybe John Henry, more likely Theo) belted him before the game for even making the A-Gon to RF a discussion !!

And one other thing... What could have been the odds of a Post Like this one ever showing up about Drew ??

Sections
Shortcuts