1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Drew to Yankees

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well, at least Drew won't have far to travel for tomorrow's game  

[/QUOTE]

Right now, you have to wonder if the Sox will have 25 players for Friday's game or even 24.  Near as I can tell, they have 20 right now.  Obviously, Johnson will be here and they will call up 1 pitcher from Pawtucket.  Cespedes, Craig and Kelly, who knows.  Craig didn't seem too happy when told the news, he could take the max time.

[/QUOTE] we could always have everyone assemble in the infield and we'll play choose up :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

why to the yankees...do the sox want the yankees to get any better and make to the playoff???

dumb deal...should have trade Drew to Nats cuz Nats just recently got a SS from Cleveland

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Johnson is on the DL. I'm guessing Middlebrooks will get called up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why to the yankees...do the sox want the yankees to get any better and make to the playoff???

dumb deal...should have trade Drew to Nats cuz Nats just recently got a SS from Cleveland

[/QUOTE] agree, Drew is surely better than Cabrera

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

So where are all the "no one else would ever want Drew" folk now???

....I can see they are busy moving the goal posts.

Now before someone responds, because it is easily predictable what you will say, remember this.

Almost NO ONE in here wanted Drew signed, people in here just understood the F.O.'s rationale.

They signed Drew because WMB went down and we had no other options.

If the Sox could invent a time machine....I'm sure they might just go back in time and bring up Holt then....but we don't live in a mystical magical world we're we can manipulate time.....at least not yet. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

done deal

does Cashman realize he can only have 25 men on the roster?

[/QUOTE] hey AM, with JThugs gone, who's gonna take over can kicking duties?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

I see what the Yankees did here...They will trade Drew to Colorado for Tulowitzki :D

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Retweeted by Pete Abraham
    Bryan Hoch @BryanHoch  ·  37s
    Stephen Drew will play 2B for the Yankees. Martin Prado will see time in the outfield.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    GREAT POINT. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

hey Kimmi...guess you'll get your new comp afterall!!!  

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jete,   I told you that the Yankees wished they had a SS like Drew!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Now before someone responds, because it is easily predictable what you will say, remember this.

Almost NO ONE in here wanted Drew signed, people in here just understood the F.O.'s rationale.

They signed Drew because WMB went down and we had no other options.

If the Sox could invent a time machine....I'm sure they might just go back in time and bring up Holt then....but we don't live in a mystical magical world we're we can manipulate time.....at least not yet. 

i wanted Drew signed after WMB was hurt but what i never got was why given the short term nature of the deal why he wasnt told he was playing 3B? now he's playing 2B because the Yanks based their needs of the team first, not Drew's preference...we gave 500k to NY to take Drew, anyone know how much was left in his contract?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Yeah, somebody wanted Drew alright. And they gave up a whole Kelly Johnson to get him.

Go figure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I don't get it. NYY need SR and hitting help, and this is neither. Plus, he has Jeter in front of him at SS, and is hitting .170. Makes no sense. Late inning D replacement?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everyone happy for this

[/QUOTE]

I'm not. The SOX have a major hole at SS. However, I'm thinking the Yankees will use Drew as a late inning defensive replacement for old man Jeter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, somebody wanted Drew alright. And they gave up a whole Kelly Johnson to get him.

Go figure.

[/QUOTE]

They also are paying his contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Go figure.

[/QUOTE]

They also are paying his contract.

[/QUOTE]

I heard Sox are sending 500k - what does that leAve the Yanks paying? 4 million?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

done deal

does Cashman realize he can only have 25 men on the roster?

[/QUOTE] hey AM, with JThugs gone, who's gonna take over can kicking duties?

[/QUOTE]

LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get it. NYY need SR and hitting help, and this is neither. Plus, he has Jeter in front of him at SS, and is hitting .170. Makes no sense. Late inning D replacement?

[/QUOTE]

someone needs to remind Cashman he can only have 25 men in the dugout at once

how many 3rd baseman does he have?  he has so many old men on that team he needs a back up on the bench for all of them less Gardener.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

People just cannot admit that they were wrong and others were right. The Sox paid Drew 10 mil for half a season. He played steady ,if unspectacular defense. He batted .176 , with an OPS of  .583.  And people still maintain that this was not a mistake, even as we manage to unload him with little or nothing to show for it. And we ship the Yankees a reported half mil to take him. As for the Yankees , it is probably worth it. They are still in contention. Drew has started to hit a little better. The short porch should help. A good shortstop should not have a problem shifting to second. The bottom line is that the Yankees may or may not benefit from getting Drew. But we certainly  did not. We got next to nothing for the money. That is the reality. Try to accept reality. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People just cannot admit that they were wrong and others were right. The Sox paid Drew 10 mil for half a season. He played steady ,if unspectacular defense. He batted .176 , with an OPS of  .583.  And people still maintain that this was not a mistake, even as we manage to unload him with little or nothing to show for it. And we ship the Yankees a reported half mil to take him. As for the Yankees , it is probably worth it. They are still in contention. Drew has started to hit a little better. The short porch should help. A good shortstop should not have a problem shifting to second. The bottom line is that the Yankees may or may not benefit from getting Drew. But we certainly  did not. We got next to nothing for the money. That is the reality. Try to accept reality. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because some people don't live in your "has to be wrong or right" world.

Drew did not work out, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong move.  What exactly were the other options?  Jonathan Herrera?  Drew might have had a .583OPS, but it took a career-worst season to get one.  Would .583 from Herrera surprise anyone?

Also, apparently the Sox only paid Drew $5mill, also known as "the amount of money utility you pay a set up guy in free agency."  I am not sure why the anti-Drew crowd likes to go on and on and on about this "waste of money"  and why they feel it is so important that people acknowledge they were right.

Look, I predicted a guy who was 11 for 81 would go 27 for his next 81, and hit the nail on the head right down to the last hit.  And I have spent far, far, far, far, far, far, far less time looking for recognition from that insanely accurate prediction - the kind NO ONE EVER MAKES AND IS RIGHT ABOUT - the kind that REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, DESERVES ATTENTION - I have spent less time seeking acknowledgment of my brilliance for that actual accomplishment than the anti-Drew crowd has spent looking for personal acclaim all along.  And really, it has come down to that.  I sweat ADG's new signature line is "Please just admit Drew was a bad idea like I said.  And also that you love me."

Seriously, you anti-Drew guys look much more insecure than you realize, and not as brilliant as you want people to say you are...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

Maybe because some people don't live in your "has to be wrong or right" world.

Drew did not work out, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong move.  What exactly were the other options?  Jonathan Herrera?  Drew might have had a .583OPS, but it took a career-worst season to get one.  Would .583 from Herrera surprise anyone?

Also, apparently the Sox only paid Drew $5mill, also known as "the amount of money utility you pay a set up guy in free agency."  I am not sure why the anti-Drew crowd likes to go on and on and on about this "waste of money"  and why they feel it is so important that people acknowledge they were right.

Look, I predicted a guy who was 11 for 81 would go 27 for his next 81, and hit the nail on the head right down to the last hit.  And I have spent far, far, far, far, far, far, far less time looking for recognition from that insanely accurate prediction - the kind NO ONE EVER MAKES AND IS RIGHT ABOUT - the kind that REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, DESERVES ATTENTION - I have spent less time seeking acknowledgment of my brilliance for that actual accomplishment than the anti-Drew crowd has spent looking for personal acclaim all along.  And really, it has come down to that.  I sweat ADG's new signature line is "Please just admit Drew was a bad idea like I said.  And also that you love me."

Seriously, you anti-Drew guys look much more insecure than you realize, and not as brilliant as you want people to say you are...

[object HTMLDivElement]. If you correctly predicted exactly how many hits Daniel Nava would get in his next 81 at bats, I applaud you and place your name in nomination for the coveted 2014 Nostradamus award. Did you also predict that Nava would be batting .255, with two home runs at this point ? Did you predict that the World Series champion Sox would be buried in the cellar , with 48 - 60 record at this point. With all due respect, signing Drew to that contract, at that time , reeked of desperation. It was a mistake then . It is a mistake now. Nothing either brilliant or insecure about that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I definitely don't like the idea of having Drew on the Yankees defense. Hopefully, it will just be for this season and they can replace him with some clown that doesn't know what he's doing going forward. Happy at least he's not playing SS.

Other names I have posted under: None

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Those crafty #RedSox. Allen Craig is 7x11 with two HRs against #Yankees Friday night starter Chris Capuano in his career.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a double win for the Sox, they dump Drew and now I can root for him to suck as a Yankee.

[/QUOTE]

triple win…you no longer have anything to talk about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

It was a mistake. It was also a mistake that had absolutely zero affect on the Red Sox season or the Red Sox future. The "reality" is that not many people that didn't like Drew seemed to understand that.

Sections
Shortcuts