Drew will need to get signed !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Drew will need to get signed !

Drew may not be the best hitter but Drew and Peds in the middle infield will keep the run count down from opposing teams. This can/will be one of the best mid infield defensive combo.

Then go from their,  either get Napoli to sign first or maybe pursue Morneau . Morneau, Carp and get Middlebrooks to try out 1B during spring training. If this works out then the Sox can have Middlebrooks to play back up to both 3B and 1B.

If Ellsbury goes elsewhere, then i would like to see the Sox mngt. pick up FA Rajai Davis. Not a bad hitter and did steal 45 bases last season for the Jays. Bradley Jr LF Victorino CF and Davis RF. This speed will also help both in the OF and when anyone of these 3 get on base will be potential base stealing. With Gomes, Nava and Berry somewhere in the mix.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Drew will need to get signed !

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Drew may not be the best hitter but Drew and Peds in the middle infield will keep the run count down from opposing teams. This can/will be one of the best mid infield defensive combo.

Then go from their,  either get Napoli to sign first or maybe pursue Morneau . Morneau, Carp and get Middlebrooks to try out 1B during spring training. If this works out then the Sox can have Middlebrooks to play back up to both 3B and 1B.

If Ellsbury goes elsewhere, then i would like to see the Sox mngt. pick up FA Rajai Davis. Not a bad hitter and did steal 45 bases last season for the Jays. Bradley Jr LF Victorino CF and Davis RF. This speed will also help both in the OF and when anyone of these 3 get on base will be potential base stealing. With Gomes, Nava and Berry somewhere in the mix.

Drew is going to get a 4 year deal from somebody (Even mid-market teams can spend this offseason with the new TV deals) & the Sox aren't going anywhere near that for him, as they will gladly take the pick and they are comfortable with Bogaerts as the starting SS next year.

They also have some depth in the minors at SS, so in my opinion there is zero chance he is back at this point.  They will acquire a backup 3B/SS as insurance for Bogaerts/Middlebrooks, but they aren't re-signing Drew.

Barring a strange turn of events, I would be very surprised if any of the 4 free agents return, besides Napoli, and there's a very real possibility that he gets priced out of Boston as well.

Sections
Shortcuts