Drew's downward spiral continues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Drew's downward spiral continues

i love the way you guys attack AMitch for being RIGHT about JD Drew...can you at least admit that? this thread is about JD Drew's downward spiral And when it is referenced by AM, you attack him for not celebrating the win streak???

dumb and dishonest

I have never been a drew basher - I like him better than Cameron in rf - but you really have to look far and wide to justify that contract Theo gave him - he has been a huge disappointment overall

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

he truly is batting himself out of the lineup

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Drew's downward spiral continues:
    [QUOTE]i love the way you guys attack AMitch for being RIGHT about JD Drew...can you at least admit that? this thread is about JD Drew's downward spiral And when it is referenced by AM, you attack him for not celebrating the win streak??? dumb and dishonest I have never been a drew basher - I like him better than Cameron in rf - but you really have to look far and wide to justify that contract Theo gave him - he has been a huge disappointment overall
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

The bashing of AM had more to do with his 5,000 posts bashing Drew. He doesn't like Drew. Fine, we get it move on. It just became boorish. And calling himi D.J. or whatever in those posts was just sophomoric.

Beyond that, he was bashing Drew even when Drew was producing. As for the contract and how much of a disappointment he was, there's an honest discussion to be had about it when you look at the market for OF'ers that offseason and needs and whether or not he did produce in his first three years and comparing him those first three or four years with other OF'ers. But AM never was one to have an honest, intelligent debate.

Except for him playing good defense, no one was defending his hitting this year.

C'mon Geo, you're smart enough to see the difference in all this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I guess that Georom never gets bored with repetition. We've had 4000 threads that have bashed JD Drew and he is hungry for more. I think that Georom is like Burrito and likes the fighting and debate instead of something new.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallyac. Show wallyac's posts

Red Sox fans are'nt happy unless they have something to complain about, was'nt it just last week Drew got a walk off hit.  When you win 14-1 someone has to make the outs. Stop bitching and enjoy the streak, you know they will have to go through another losing streak sometime during the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I think every Red Sox fan will acknowledge that Drew is having a terrible season. But there's a difference between acknowledging it and being gleeful about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]He's d is good, but a AAA will be plenty adequate and he will also hit much better.  Drew should be designated as a defensive replacement not a starter. I have a feeling that this will happen at the end of the season with the september callups, but why wait untill then. 
    Posted by fancy-shamanski[/QUOTE]

Probably because he still has a OBP of .339 (heading into today's game) despite his terrible batting average.  Money aside, Drew gives you plus defense at a position that is very demanding at Fenway, while turning the lineup over.  Today's performance was nothing short of terrible, but Drew hasn't been killing the Sox at the bottom of the order and personally, I'd rather send the guy out who I know can set the table for Ells in the 1 spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Don't be surprised if he goes on a tear soon and shuts everyone up...for a few minutes.

If Cam showed any life at the plate, we'd see him more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

when exactly has drew actually produced? In his 5 years with the sox has hit .280 and over just 1 time, his high in rbi is 68, his high in homers is 24, and his high in games played is 140. He has never produced for the sox. He plays above average d sure, but his d is not good enough to justify his lack of offensive production. And his numbers certainly do not justify a 14 million dollar a year salary. And to those of you bring up his obp, please next time use a more meaningful statistic. Baseball players do not get paid to draw walks. They get paid to hit the ball and drive in runs. Drew's higher than average obp is due to the number of walks he has drawn each year, not hits. Drawing a walk with a runner on 3rd does nothing, getting a hit drives in a run. Thats why obp is not a meaningful stat. Drawing a walk in most situations does not do much. The most hits drew got in a season with the sox is 126. Drew needs to go. Call up reddick and give him a shot or else trade for someone who will actually produce. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Drew is an OF'er in his mid 30's. Lowrie's downward spiral is more of a reason to be angry and hateful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

Drew simply has zero ability to change his swing no matter where the ball is pitched and he can't come close to a decent curve ball... when is the last time he hit a ball to leftfield?.. maybe he could watch a few hours of Gonzalez doing it with ease.. I'd give McDonald a lot more playing time in right if Drew keeps struggling..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I'd give Wally a lot more playing time if Wastefield continues to struggle with a near 5 ERA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Harness sorry but people have the right to post Drew sux 5000 times if they want - just put the cat on ignore if you get tired of it...

after yesterday's Drew disaster you should expect angry posts from more than a few people because Drew doesnt seem to care...that is a whole lot more serious an issue than AM's 25 million repetitive posts imho

it should be addressed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Drew's downward spiral continues : I wouldn't go that far, but he certainly does look like he lost it at the plate. I posted this on the game thread: If the rest of the lineup keeps hitting like it's been the past six weeks, I can live with Drew's .225-.230 BA simply to have his defense in RF. He has played excellent defense in RF all year.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Hard to lose something you never had. As far as the defense, I've seen him make his share of blunders as recent as the missed catch that should have been ruled an error against the Yankees last Wed.
    Everyone touts his defense. Why is it he's never won a GG?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Why is this thread any different than the other 4000 that Andrewmitch either started or posted in? Very boring.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]when exactly has drew actually produced? In his 5 years with the sox has hit .280 and over just 1 time, his high in rbi is 68 , his high in homers is 24 , and his high in games played is 140 . He has never produced for the sox. He plays above average d sure, but his d is not good enough to justify his lack of offensive production. And his numbers certainly do not justify a 14 million dollar a year salary. And to those of you bring up his obp, please next time use a more meaningful statistic. Baseball players do not get paid to draw walks. They get paid to hit the ball and drive in runs. Drew's higher than average obp is due to the number of walks he has drawn each year, not hits. Drawing a walk with a runner on 3rd does nothing, getting a hit drives in a run. Thats why obp is not a meaningful stat. Drawing a walk in most situations does not do much. The most hits drew got in a season with the sox is 126 . Drew needs to go. Call up reddick and give him a shot or else trade for someone who will actually produce. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

And getting a hit without anyone on base doesn't produce a run (aside from HR's).  While with Boston Drew has scored 84, 79, 84, and 69 runs, while never playing more than 140 games.  That usually was from the bottom half of the order, without big bats behind him.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I do not think that recognizing Drew's weakness in the batting order constitutes bashing. ...currently it exists and it may persist. A right fielder may have to go on the buy list before the trading deadline to raise the possibility that this team can win its last series of the year. Without serious injuries, this team may not need too much for the stretch run...bullpen help maybe and another right fielder...if it's continues to be a weakness, try to  fix it...too much is at stake...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

While I'll agree Drew is in decline, using one game to criticize him is dumb.  Gonzo went 0-4 with 3 strike outs against NY last week when we killed them...does that make him a bad hitter?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He's done as an offensive player in this league.  He'll still come through every once in a while, but that's about it.

But no one here ever considers what he does with a glove, and the sheer number of runs he's taken away.  He's one of the best RFers in this league and he has been for about 10 years now; go check out the stats for yourselves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

JD always played like he looked dispassionate, but this year he does he seem like he sees retirement around the corner. Because he ahppens to be a lefty in a lineup of Hitters who are going to score like crazy against righty pitchers, he is getting away with his performance since the wins are still coming, but to me enough is never enough....if you can put somoen else in the lineup who will produce better than that person should play....Cameron isnt that guy....I dont think McDonald is that guy....Reddick....maybe...unlucky injuries to Kalish/Linares, so we cant be suire they are that guy...so unless Theo is going to pull the trigger on a trade...unlikely when the team is playing this well, just for chemistry sake....JD is the guy....so we might as well support him and hope he has a 4 week streak where he is on fire like he seems to every summer.

22. This post has been removed.