Drug Suspension Dropped for another player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Drug Suspension Dropped for another player

MLB has dropped its 100 game suspension of Rockies catcher Eliezer Alfonzo for positive drug test for the same procedural issue that forced the dropping of the suspnesion on Braun. The kicker here is that this was the 2nd time Alfonzo had been busted and has already served on 50 game suspension.

I guess the Union has found their loophole.

This is a load of you know what. Legalize it already. If a player wants to endanger their body for a few more HR's, then so be it. Everything changes, why not this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Drug Suspension Dropped for another player

No thanks Jessey.  Silly moral issues aside, I'll take the occasional administrative hiccup over the ridiculous brand of "baseball" being put out in the PED hey-day, thank you.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

that loophole is about to become a crater..Frown 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Drug Suspension Dropped for another player:
    [QUOTE]that loophole is about to become a crater..  
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Agreed and so many of the power records have already been broken and baseball has yet to determine how they will represent this in the history books. So keeping it illegal isn't preserving any sacred records.

I hate roids, but I am so tired of the b.s. that has happened, especially this year. Either you need to break the Union (not happening) or find another way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I tend to agree with jessey on this one.

Stop them from doing one thing and they will just continue to find new ways to cheat or mask the fact that they are cheating.

Any time a professional athlete seems too good to be true these days, he probably has found a new way to cheat.

But I've never been a big fan of the players who simply put up good numbers. I am a bigger fan of any guy who shows me he wants to win every game and does the "little" things that make this a possiblity. Do you know why managers don't "squeeze" or "sacrifice" much any more?....because what agent is going to encourage a player to lead the league in sacrafice hits?....you don't get $25,000,000 for that. The sad fact is many major league ballplayers don't know how to bunt, don't want to bunt, and never even practice it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]that loophole is about to become a crater..  
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

After Braun, you would think the testers would have learned their lesson and modified their protocol accordingly. This ranks close  (but not quite, due to the consequences) to the OJ tainted blood in the Bronco incident.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

I have to agree with Jessey as well.  I hated it at first but now with some getting away with it, some not, and some being honest, others not so much, I have just got over thinking about it.  I have decided that if these fools want to destroy their life and career for our entertainment, then so be it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]I have to agree with Jessey as well.  I hated it at first but now with some getting away with it, some not, and some being honest, others not so much, I have just got over thinking about it.  I have decided that if these fools want to destroy their life and career for our entertainment, then so be it.
    Posted by ChronicNYY13[/QUOTE]
    Funny post from a guy with Chronic for a username.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drug Suspension Dropped for another player : Funny post from a guy with Chronic for a username.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident[/QUOTE]
    Of course all natural substances have always been ok.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

How can Manny Rameriz failed to find a loophole to avoid his suspension?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Drug Suspension Dropped for another player:
    [QUOTE]MLB has dropped its 100 game suspension of Rockies catcher Eliezer Alfonzo for positive drug test for the same procedural issue that forced the dropping of the suspnesion on Braun. The kicker here is that this was the 2nd time Alfonzo had been busted and has already served on 50 game suspension. I guess the Union has found their loophole. This is a load of you know what. Legalize it already. If a player wants to endanger their body for a few more HR's, then so be it. Everything changes, why not this?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Hey jessey,
    I disagree for a couple of reasons.  First, it sends a bad message to kids.  Cheat all you want because you will finally win.  Secondly, join a union so no matter what rules you break the union will 'take care of you'.

Roids are bad for your health, do you want to tell kids that fighting this roids thing isn't worth saving lives, may even their life at some point?

Unions are one of the driving forces behind the destruction of our country. If the unions keep getting away with their bulling they will never stop. We certainly don't need more powerful unions!

Baseball players are spoiled enough as it is, do we really want them to win this one, don't they already have enough power?

The line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere, so I say keep the rule.

Some things are worth fighting forCool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Between the unions & the lobbyists, the rope is tearing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]Between the unions & the lobbyists, the rope is tearing.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts