Dustin Pedroia angrily accuses his teammates of not playing the game the right away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Dustin Pedroia angrily accuses his teammates of not playing the game the right away

In response to "Re: Dustin Pedroia angrily accuses his teammates of not playing the game the right away": [QUOTE]If you carefully read what Pedroia said, where does it say that he is angry and where is he accusing his teammates of not playing the game the right way? He does say that we have to play better - that's all. Don't put words into his mouth. Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE] "Carefully" read it? "Carefully"read the OP and look at the quotes. Pedroia is saying we played like &@#%. Is that not what he's saying? If that's not an angry accusation against the entire team including himself, just what is it? I guess "it depends on what IS is."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Dustin Pedroia angrily accuses his teammates of not playing the game the right away

In Response to Re: Dustin Pedroia angrily accuses his teammates of not playing the game the right away:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dustin Pedroia angrily accuses his teammates of not playing the game the right away : as a teacher, i dont rely on students to correct each other...when that happens, you know the boat has already left the dock...but valentine has been undercut by Ben and he doesnt want to appear confrontational or negative - which is what Snake is talking about...and I agree with him....Bobby is very good on the field but he is not much better at discipline than Tito
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Perhaps teacher wasn't the best example, although I still think it depends on the situation. But specifically with sports, coaches will tell you that if they're the only voice saying something, the players often will eventually tune them out. Good teams often don't need the coach to discipline the team because the players will provide the voice of doing what's right and what's wrong. It's for discipline but it can also be on how you play the game too, which is why I didn't mind Pedey saying something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice to see the Red Sox eat their own when things go badly.

What a "team".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I don't see anything wrong with what Pedroia said.   He is basically saying the team, including himself, needs to play better.  I don't feel like he was throwing anyone under the bus, nor was he excluding himself from the need to play better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

In Response to Re: Dustin Pedroia angrily accuses his teammates of not playing the game the right away:
    [QUOTE]I don't see anything wrong with what Pedroia said.   He is basically saying the team, including himself, needs to play better.  I don't feel like he was throwing anyone under the bus, nor was he excluding himself from the need to play better.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Kim is that you? kimsaysthis?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Go Pedey. Now if Big Papi thumps a couple of guys in the clubhouse we might be all right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Dustin Pedroia angrily accuses his teammates of not playing the game the right away": All but one of Pedroia's hr have come when the Sox where either down or tied he is doing his job his clearly a shot at the pitchers.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Hey Joe,
    My greater point is and was, that far too many of the players use the press to send messages to thier teammates or management and appear to be comfortable using the press to vent frustrations that IMHO should be done behind closed doors. 

In this instance, though Pedrioa used "we" implying that he is part of the problem. His reference to the 8th inning was a shot over the bough's of Ells, Crawford and Gonzalez for thier apparent lack of plate disipline facing arguably the best set-up man in the game. A game that was for all intents, already lost. "Stating the obviuos "we need to play better" and venting his frustrations about losing are both noble and I would have appluaded him for that. However, if one reads between the lines...not sure that calling out your teammates as he did with his reference to the 8th inning at bats of the above. IMHO is demostrating leadership nor accountability. More of the same whining and finger pointing that seems to be prevasive on this team...

In the end the team a whole has underperformed all year due to a myriad of reasons. All of which has been discussed ad nuasem. One needs not look too deep to see that injuries played a key role...However the chief reason we're still a .500 club can be layed at the feet of Jon Lester and Josh Beckett. Neither of whom has taken the ball every five days and preformed to what what expected.

New's flash, after 100 games played. When your team is 12 games under .500 in games pitched by your 1# and #2 starters. Your chances of competing for the division are slim to none...The formula used by almost every team with championship aspirations is to play 20 games over .500 in the 70 starts alotted to your top 2 guys with the hopes of playing at or above .500 ball in the remaining games started by the middle and backend of your rotation.

Where would the Yankees be if they were a combined 13-25 in games started by Sabathia and Nova?

So the question of the day is what's wrong with Lester and Beckett? Why are they still struggling as the season turns to the dog day's. After both falling short last September? The answer to that question will unlock the chains that are holding back this club from running off 10 in row and making things interesting.

Suffice to say if indeed we're out of it this year and it's looking bleak given the teams play and the amount of teams now ahead of us in the standings. If we are to climb back up the ladder and make a run at it next year. We'll go as far as Lester & Beckett takes us (no disrespect intended to Lackey, Doubront and Buccholz). Lester in particular...