Early trend on JBJ

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Early trend on JBJ

In response to Bill-806's comment:

This entire conversation goes away in 10 days when the announce "BIG PAPI's" golden watch day at Feneway PAAAK  !!!

When a guy who has only spend a half season at AA starts the year in the majors and hits 140 the conversation is going to happen no matter what.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

You know I wanted to predict JBJ was going to struggle a lot at the plate once the season started (I stated it as a possibility but not a definite) but I didn't want to sound like a donny downer.  But if I had to guess this is what I think happens from here on out.....  JBJ gets sent down and continutes to struggle at the plate, some time around June, July maybe late may it starts to click and he's mashing it.  He gets called back up end of July/August and hits much better.  Is full time starter by 2014 and is all star material by 2015. Softy is still an angry man. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Big leap to claim AS status for Bradley. No reason to send him down, given Gomes and Nava and Carp. His defense, with Iglesias, is critical for this team. His OBP is quite good enough at this stage, while a BA is meaningless after 6 games.

Once they resume bean counting on Bradley, there is no reason to claim he's transformed after a few weeaks or month or so in the minors. They should not bring him back up until 2014 and he goes into CF. They also should do what they failed to do this year, which was mistake, and sign a veteran like R. Johnson to a one year 1 or 2M contract.

I do not want Bradley jerked around by this incomptent managment. AAA is overrated and is just a stop for a lot of washed up older players and just a few players on the MLB full promotion list. When management knee jerks Bradley back to the minors, it should be AA and they should not bring him back up until he's fully promoted as the starting CF'er.

Like Pedroia, Youkillis, Middlebrooks, Lester, Buchholz, Jeter and Trout?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Big leap to claim AS status for Bradley. No reason to send him down, given Gomes and Nava and Carp. His defense, with Iglesias, is critical for this team. His OBP is quite good enough at this stage, while a BA is meaningless after 6 games.

Once they resume bean counting on Bradley, there is no reason to claim he's transformed after a few weeaks or month or so in the minors. They should not bring him back up until 2014 and he goes into CF. They also should do what they failed to do this year, which was mistake, and sign a veteran like R. Johnson to a one year 1 or 2M contract.

I do not want Bradley jerked around by this incomptent managment. AAA is overrated and is just a stop for a lot of washed up older players and just a few players on the MLB full promotion list. When management knee jerks Bradley back to the minors, it should be AA and they should not bring him back up until he's fully promoted as the starting CF'er.

Awwwwwww.........  look at you....defending "your" JBJ....  I can see you now..running around your basement saying "and I will hug him and love him and squeeze him and call him George"........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Awwwwwww.........  look at you....defending "your" JBJ....  I can see you now..running around your basement saying "and I will hug him and love him and squeeze him and call him George"........

LOL!!

That's so wrong!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Think of it this way, the other top prospect who is ranked higher than JBJ had ended last year in Portland just like JBJ and hit much better than JBJ.  Before he went away to the WBC and cooled off a bit there was a small crowd of people starting to advocate for Bogaerts to start the season in Boston, and had he performed better it would probably be the majority of people.

after a lackluster WBC and a slow start to the season, absolutely no one is talking about rushing Bogaerts up to the bigs.  It is painfully obvious,  un-arguably obvious, without a doubt obvious that those who want JBJ starting are the ones who put to much weight into his ST.

Stop being defensive and learn from your mistakes.......ST is useless.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

wow what a great comeback...did you just copy and past that? or did you think of it all on your own.  

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?    

I apologize......we all know the answer to that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

it's like the players know that softy is rooting for/against them and swiftly perform the opposite. A commendation from Softy is the kiss of death for a player and a bash from Softy means that player is poised for a big year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

it's like the players know that softy is rooting for/against them and swiftly perform the opposite. A commendation from Softy is the kiss of death for a player and a bash from Softy means that player is poised for a big year.

hmmmm and softy disagrees with everyone in here.

QUICK! lets start rooting against the red sox.!!!...wait er umm I mean rooting for all the red sox.  No one is bad, everyone will have a MVP season. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Yes, Crawford had big years, and Ellsbury has had big years every years since 2008. You rooted so hard for these guys, who have seldom been able to play baseball at all.

Wastefiled was terrific. And so was Jenks.

It really is cute when you call a player that has been retired for 2 years Wastefield. Do you think you could drag out Jitterbug Jake again for old times' sake?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

what does wakefield have to do with anything....don't you usually bring him up during your rants against Moon? or are all your rants starting to mesh together?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?   

As hard as you tried to claim that Bradley's spring training stats meant nothing and he would start the season in the minors, you were wrong.

I understand your need to root against him, but it's Ellsbury whose job will be taken by Bradley after your cheerleading bean counting takes place.

ummmmm yeah because the premise of my argument was that you could not decipher JBJ readiness on ST stats, and I still 100% whole heartedly believe in that (and so does anyone else who knows anything about baseball)  You however based your opinion soley on ST stats.  I made it very clear that the staff there may see many intangibles that me nor you could see that could determine if they think he may be ready.

I admitted I was wrong, because I thought he would start the season in the minors (something you have absolutely no ability to do...you know...admit being wrong)  

So you were right for the wrong reasons. I was wrong for the right reasons. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

and I never ONCE adovacating starting JBJ in the minors to save money, I was actually one of the few that thought he may not really be ready to face MLB pitching. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

and I'm not rooting against him, I root for ALL MLB players especially the Sox ones.  you're the poor sole who still has to bring up and base Red Sox players that haven't even played on this team for years......

is this guy for real???? you're losing softy

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Wastefield was one of the Red Sox players I denounced as an active roster member, for 2011 and 2012. The mental midget, supra, made the claim that the players I "hate on" or "endorse" do the oppposite in performance. Quite false.

In your rant on sending Bradley to the minors, you should know that being wrong about opening day doesn't mean managment won't demote him a matter of a week or two. Of course, a claim that a few weeks or month or so of minor league ball as transforming a player is utter nonsnse. Minor league stats for a few weeks or months are meaningless, just ask the new Red Sox SS "premium player".

yeah so WOW...minor leagues are useless???? soooooooooooooooo we should just start drafting guys and plug them into the lineup?

NO false, there is a learning curve and more so in baseball than any other sport.  Stop talking about wakefield he has nothing to do with anything and I'm not moon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

you can learn a lot in 3 months, especially when you are young and still moving up the learning curve?

Have you ever actually played a professional sport before?

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts