Easy solution for interleague play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Easy solution for interleague play

Let the AL use the DH and let the NL use their pitchers no matter what park your playing in. Both sides are used to a certain way of playing, so why not let them play the game they are used to playing. If one has to change it takes away from that teams' way of playing and building a roster. Im not starting this because of the Ortiz/Gonzo dilemma. Ive never been for interleague. Never liked AL pitchers legging out grounders or batting when they normally dont do it. Its asking for an injury..
    I think this would be fair to both AL and NL teams where the two could compete on an even playing field with their usual games and usual lineups..IMO, That would truly make it AL vs. NL

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

Re: Easy solution for interleague play

DEREK JETER

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Sorry but I'm not seeing your logic.  How is that "fair" to both sides??  The Sox have Ortiz in the lineup and the NL team bats a pitcher??  If you gave both teams a choice, the NL teams would use a DH.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

In Response to Re: Easy solution for interleague play:
    Sorry but I'm not seeing your logic.  How is that "fair" to both sides??  The Sox have Ortiz in the lineup and the NL team bats a pitcher??  If you gave both teams a choice, the NL teams would use a DH .
    Posted by siestafiesta

NL TEAMS DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO CHOOSE IN THIS RELATIONSHIP

IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT THEY SELFISHLY WANT

DON'T WORRY I GOT YOUR BACK LEFTY PITCHER MAN

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bad idea--a signficant advantage for most AL teams to use the DH.  Current system is fine. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Sorry but I'm not seeing your logic.  How is that "fair" to both sides??  The Sox have Ortiz in the lineup and the NL team bats a pitcher??  If you gave both teams a choice, the NL teams would use a DH .

Posted by siestafiesta

Yep, the OP either didn't think this out or forgot to take off his sawx colored glasses. Maybe both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thats the way an NL team plays.. I dont make the rules..Maybe the NL should use a DH then..This is just a disadvantage to all the AL teams and the way they are constructed..How can you say the best team won when you arent allowed to play your best team? Thats all Im saying...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bad idea--a signficant advantage for most AL teams to use the DH.  Current system is fine. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

So basically what your saying is that we should not play our best team so "little brother", the NL, can win a few? I say no...If its not fair then maybe the NL should incorporate the DH..Might give a few more players that can still hit a job..I know It will never happen..Its been bugging me for years and I just needed to vent..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to Re: Easy solution for interleague play : So basically what your saying is that we should not play our best team so "little brother", the NL, can win a few? I say no...If its not fair then maybe the NL should incorporate the DH..Might give a few more players that can still hit a job..I know It will never happen..Its been bugging me for years and I just needed to vent..
    Posted by southpaw777

Well they can't lose all of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Great idea, for which I am certain Bud Selig, the NL Owners and Players will never under any circumstances go for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

What they prob will do is take the pitchers that Gonzo kills and play him those games and the ones he has a lesser avg with play Papi..just guessing..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I'm fine with interleague rules. It pretty much says, "My house, my rules".

EDIT: This article should dispel any "CURRENT RULES ARE UNFAIR" sadness, http://espn.go.com/blog/SweetSpot/post/_/id/12644/the-al-is-definitely-the-better-league

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

Posted by siestafiesta

Obviously the OP didn't think this through or is just blinded by his sawx colored glasses. Maybe both.

Sections
Shortcuts