Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on all sides

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on a...

If I said this was the most predictable article to be written by a Sox beat guy the day I saw BV hired would I have been called Nostradamus? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on a...

When I read that Bobby V. wasn't allowed to pick his coaching staff, especially the pitching coach, he was going to be a caretaker for a year or two. The Sox didn't want him to bring his own coaches, cause they would have to give them multiple years, and then would have to bite the salary bullet when they canned Bobby.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on all sides:
    If I said this was the most predictable article to be written by a Sox beat guy the day I saw BV hired would I have been called Nostradamus? 
    Posted by dannycater

Not to be an azz, but what I find funny is how so many people in Spring Training and early in the year were all "yeah now that we have Bobby V he will straighten everything out" 

It didn't take a whole lot of advanced reasoning to figure out he wasn't the guy who could do that.  His whole personality, or should I say persona, is off putting.

He looks scared in the dugout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think not having his own coaching staff was a definite Red Flag, and really the ultimate Red Flag of not being the 1st choice of your new GM. That is like a Red Flag that covers an entire City, that big of a flag.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on all sides:
    In Response to Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on all sides : Not to be an azz, but what I find funny is how so many people in Spring Training and early in the year were all "yeah now that we have Bobby V he will straighten everything out"  It didn't take a whole lot of advanced reasoning to figure out he wasn't the guy who could do that.  His whole personality, or should I say persona, is off putting. He looks scared in the dugout.
    Posted by snakeoil123

He also looks lonely, because the vast majority of times when he is shown in the dug-out, there is nobody else in the picture, he looks like a man on a island.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

tired guy on the island too. he looks like he is about to fall asleep at press conferences. It's scary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on all sides : Not to be an azz, but what I find funny is how so many people in Spring Training and early in the year were all "yeah now that we have Bobby V he will straighten everything out"  It didn't take a whole lot of advanced reasoning to figure out he wasn't the guy who could do that.  His whole personality, or should I say persona, is off putting. He looks scared in the dugout.
    Posted by snakeoil123

I'm not sure it is funny funny, but it is at least wryly humorous.  We had a top-5 manager, and a top-5 GM.  They were so good, that they made it look simple.  People took for granted that anyone could just go out and win 95 and win WSCs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

joe, absolutely. for all the Tito bashing, my greatest fear was what would happen to follow Tito...and it's an absolute worst case scenario of dysfunction, media callouts, and whether fair or not to BV--exposing this guy's faults and the team's performance under him...under .500 team...July 29....never under Tito. Never.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Posted by dannycater

same, danny. no news here. The day Francona was let go,  my biggest fear was they'd hire Valentine. Worst fear realized, followed by the season

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think that the pitching coach needs to be replaced for the Red Sox.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Not BV......arrogance in the players

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

I was a Bobby V fan from the start but today - it is time to cut Bobby V. Why has Youka started to perform since he went to the Whites Sox. How well would the Red Sox perform if there was a change in managers. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

I was a Bobby V fan from the start but today - it is time to cut Bobby V. Why has Youka started to perform since he went to the Whites Sox. How well would the Red Sox perform if there was a change in managers. 
    Posted by ArtWikle

Lol, why has A-gon started to perform??     Because they are both on a hot streak, simple as that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

bobby v made youk get injured last last 3 years and made him basically useless...darn that evil bobby v

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It's actually pretty funny because I seem to remember Gordon Edes being one of the main proponents of bringing in Bobby V in the first place. I do like Valentine as a manager though. He's done an excellent job with the bullpen in particular. Bobby V is not the problem with this team. The problem has been the starting pitching. Lester and Beckett have both pretty much stunk. Although to be fair they both are starting to show signs of turning it around. If those two could get straightened out this team could go on a roll for the ages.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

It's actually pretty funny because I seem to remember Gordon Edes being one of the main proponents of bringing in Bobby V in the first place. I do like Valentine as a manager though. He's done an excellent job with the bullpen in particular. Bobby V is not the problem with this team. The problem has been the starting pitching. Lester and Beckett have both pretty much stunk. Although to be fair they both are starting to show signs of turning it around. If those two could get straightened out this team could go on a roll for the ages.
    Posted by carnie
    In the modern game, setting up and managing the BP is of primary importance. Given the weakness of the starters, just imagine where this club would be without the pen's performance so far. 
    The sheer number of days Sox players have been on the DL, including people like Pedroia and Ellsbury and now Ortiz, is telling. Nava has been slumping for quite a while. Aviles has faded some. Right now, Gonzo and Ciriaco and Middlebrooks are hitting, but Gonzo heretofore did not hit with power, Middlebrooks went through a bad stretch, and Ciriaco was in Pawtucket. Salty's power has been consistent, but he has other problems at the plate. 
    Frankly, I'm a little surprised that the record is not worse than it is. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

One more thought on Lester and Beckett that I had meant to put in my other post. If Beckett were to be traded it should probably be next year, because he will probably have a monster year next year. I also wouldn't trade Lester because he can be a very nice pitcher to have around, but he's not a leader. IMO the Sox need a leader on the pitching staff. Kind of like Papi and Pedey are with the every day players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Youk has been hurt already on the White Sox.  Did BV do that?

What BS ... with all the injuries, you guys can't wait to blame BV?   He pitches?   He makes PD suck until the last week?

Get real.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Youk has been hurt already on the White Sox.  Did BV do that? What BS ... with all the injuries, you guys can't wait to blame BV?   He pitches?   He makes PD suck until the last week? Get real.  
    Posted by soxmeister
    Did you even read the last half dozen posts on this thread? It's been hijacked.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

bobby v made youk get injured last last 3 years and made him basically useless...darn that evil bobby v
    Posted by georom4

Bobby V isn't effective enough to be evil.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Youk has been hurt already on the White Sox.  Did BV do that? What BS ... with all the injuries, you guys can't wait to blame BV?   He pitches?   He makes PD suck until the last week? Get real.  
    Posted by soxmeister

I am not blaming Bobby V.  My whole point was about how a lot of people acted like Francona was the only problem.  Bobby  V has proven without a doubt that notion is not true.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Those saying Bobby V needs to be fired?

So, for 2 years in a row the players are deciding who manages the team? 

No. You send the message that nobody is expenable. Trade CC for anything. Yup. "Nut, then the Sox will eat his contract!!" Yup. 

That's what they are doing NOW!!

Start with CC. The fans would respond positively. Firing Bobby V acknowleges the players are running the team.

Sections
Shortcuts