Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on all sides

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on a...

In Response to Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on all sides:
    In Response to Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on all sides : My point is that anybody in Valentine's shoes in this toxic environment would be in over their head.  You need the authority to run the asylum. Valentine can be a jerk, but he is a smart manager.  This team he manages is not even sufficiently embarassed by their terrible play to try to follow him.
    Posted by concord27

glad soneone else has teh eyes to see.
    +1+1+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on a...

In Response to Re: Edes:The cracks that showed up earlier this season appear on the verge of breaking wide open. Bobby V's Sox boxed in on all sides:
    I saw Bobby V as likely staying three years, four tops.  If he was as cunning and good a manager as his hype said he would be. I think I was wrong about the length of his stay at Fenway. He'll be gone after next season, unless he quits and goes back to broadcasting. I am not the first to observe this, but saddling him with leftover coaches was a dead giveaway that he would not be around long.
    Posted by summerof67

they only planned to giev him 1-2 years (2 max).
    they wanted him to clean it up (whiel tying his arms and legs at teh same time), then they could get a go along to get along mgr like tito, probably a new mgr.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

To blame Valentine for the state of this team is absolutely absurd. How can you watch the games and come to that conclusion?  The whole thing is sour grapes by those who loved Tito. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

To blame Valentine for the state of this team is absolutely absurd. How can you watch the games and come to that conclusion?  The whole thing is sour grapes by those who loved Tito. 
    Posted by dgalehouse

Denny, I need to agree with this.

Bobby V is not the source of the trouble. The real culprit is the OCD front office, most likely led by Lucchino. I think Ben C is on a short leash as well.  I am bewildered by the influence that this medical staff has, unless the front office is more concerned with the fine points of insurance over the fine points of baseball.

Sections
Shortcuts