Edited Headline: Red Sox, Yankees, and Phills - The Gluttunous 3 Get Their Just Desserts on a Magical Mystery Tour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Edited Headline: Red Sox, Yankees, and Phills - The Gluttunous 3 Get Their Just Desserts on a Magical Mystery Tour

The Red Sox, Yankees, and Phillies, the teams with biggest budgets, overhyped stars, and most entitled and obnoxious fans all made early exits this season.  While these results may not be good for baseball economics, it at least provides a wee bit of Karmic justice for those who have angered the Baseball Gods.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: The Gluttunous 3 Get Their Just Desserts

Girardi called it bad luck.

Hohler blames it on a dozen Boogey Men.

What does Philly blame it on?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: The Gluttunous 3 Get Their Just Desserts:
    [QUOTE]Girardi called it bad luck. Hohler blames it on a dozen Boogey Men. What does Philly blame it on?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

As far the Red Sox are concerned, I blame it on andrewbitch and the collective negative spirit in which he embodies.  Heck, why not?  It seems just as valid a reason as anything else.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]I thought you were referring to Lackey/Beckett/Lester
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

It wasn't my intention to pull a bait-and-switch, as I can understand now how one could easily be misled by the thread headline.  Now that you mentioned it though,  given that the contracts of baseball players are guaranteed, I don't think the pitching triumvirate will receive just desserts in a figurative and financial sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Take that photo, maybe photoshop Buchholz, Wakefield, some fried chicken, beer, and some video game joysticks into it, and you'll have something like the cover the Abbey Road.

The license plate in the background would read, "8 IF." 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

SR - that is just completely wrong. Beatles never failed, even when they were at their worst.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No doubt, even listening to the Let it Be - Naked album its plain to see just how great they still were... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]SR - that is just completely wrong. Beatles never failed, even when they were at their worst.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Jess, it's mostly just a visual thang.  However, while Abbey Road may have been among their greatest work as a group, they were well into the process of disintegration at the time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]SR - that is just completely wrong. Beatles never failed, even when they were at their worst.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Off topic:
    Magic Mysery Tour ... fail.  A Bomb movie.  So was Let It Be.  The whole roof scene where Lennon blows his guitar lead was interesting and original.  The rest of the movie was a bore.  

So yes, the Beatles did fail, although rarely.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I cannot say Magical Mystery Tour failed when you take it song by song. What your expecting is that it would be one link from track 1 to 11 and that is the only reason one could say it failed (when thinking Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper).

Fool On The Hill
    All You Need Is Love
    Strawberry Fields Forever
    Blue Jay Way
    Penny Lane

Let it Be actually is amazing, just because Dig a Pony wasn't as popular as the Archie's Sugar Sugar does not mean anything other than the common listener does not know great music when they hear it.

failure? I think not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In a sarcastic way, thread title could also apply to the likes of ADG/Andrewbitch/PumpsieGreen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]"Andrewbitch"-there is no place for profanity on this forum!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]Ignore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I think the Magical Mystery Tour failure reference was in regards to the movie, which never got released here in the states.  They are redoing it as we type.  It may well yet sell millions.

As for the gluttunous 3, I also expected to see a thread about Lackey, Beckett and Lester. 

Philly blames it on injuries.  And they are probably right.

Same might also be true of the Sox.

The Yankees were extremely lucky with their low rent solutions in the starting rotation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WALL ST. AT WORK !!!!  THIS IS THE STUFF THAT THE "BIG O" WANTS TO DELEET FROM AMERICA...... "REDISTRIBUTE THW WEALTH" !!!!CoolWinkUndecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Magical Mystery Tour failure reference was in regards to the movie, which never got released here in the states.  They are redoing it as we type.  It may well yet sell millions. As for the gluttunous 3, I also expected to see a thread about Lackey, Beckett and Lester.  Philly blames it on injuries.  And they are probably right. Same might also be true of the Sox. The Yankees were extremely lucky with their low rent solutions in the starting rotation.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]hey Par, somewhat true, but you know what they say, sometimes it's better to be lucky...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm more popular than the 2011 Red Sox...even though I died 31 years ago...

Jesus proved to be more popular than the Beatles even though he died over 2000 years ago....(at least so far)...but my money's on the Beatles being popular 3000 years hence, a bet I can't lose, cause I'll be dead, too.

Magical Mystery Tour (the movie , was awful)...the album is excellent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Texas and St Louis aren't exactly small market teams.  The Cardinals were at $105M this year, and if the same team comes back next year, that number will go up considerably - could push them into the top 5.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]I cannot say Magical Mystery Tour failed when you take it song by song. What your expecting is that it would be one link from track 1 to 11 and that is the only reason one could say it failed (when thinking Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper). Fool On The Hill All You Need Is Love Strawberry Fields Forever Blue Jay Way Penny Lane Let it Be actually is amazing, just because Dig a Pony wasn't as popular as the Archie's Sugar Sugar does not mean anything other than the common listener does not know great music when they hear it. failure? I think not.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

The movies, Burrito ... not the albums.  The movies were so bad you didn;t even remember them ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

First: 6/10/2011
    Last: 10/21/2011

The Red Sox, Yankees, and Phillies, the teams with biggest budgets, overhyped stars, and most entitled and obnoxious fans all made early exits this season. While these results may not be good for baseball economics, it at least provides a wee bit of Karmic justice for those who have angered the Baseball Gods.

You know Rojas, I'm getting tired of the 'elites' on here who are want to constantly paint ALL RS fans, except themselves of course, as some of the most 'OBNOXIOUS FANS in baseball!'  What's up with the feigned self flagellation???  Is it that 'rich guilt thing?'  You know, the obnoxious liberals who constantly jump on the 'ugly American' cliche trumpeted by Europeans?  YOU want to dump on your fellow RS fans?  GO FOR IT!  You want to act as though MOST RS fans are ignorant slobs who know nothing about being Great baseball aficionados, unlike your refined self, & stand up against the great unwashed?  GO FOR IT!  You want to take the 'high brow' I'm better than the rabble who dare express their disgust at our boys?  Who dare express their profound displeasure with the collapse of discipline with many of the players & most of the management?  You want to pretend not to be profoundly disappointed with the way our guys represented a GREAT TEAM & A GREAT CITY?  You want to keep taking cheap shots at the lowly fans who help pay for these kids to come play in Boston, the GREATEST BASEBALL TOWN in America because we care so much?  The millions of RS fans who scrape & save to see one or two games a year at Fenway?  Who walk into that park as though it were The Vatican?  Who love and respect this team with the religious reverence seen in the most pious of men?  GO FOR IT!  You want to join the 'I'm nothing like these ignorant slobs who get so overly involved in their team & say mean things to our stars' crowd?  GO FOR IT!

"ENTITLED FANS?"  Those who coined that phrase with respect to their fellow Red Sox Fans, probably have not been Red Sox fans for very long!  The vast majority of Red Sox Fans that I know have NEVER exhibited ONE ONCE of 'entitlement' with respect to the team they have always loved!!!!!  NOT ONE ONCE!  Perhaps all of YOUR friends are 'Pink Hats???"  NOT US!!!!  What we do expect is that our guys put out their best effort every time they step on the field!  WE expect them not to act like entitlement brats & to put their team first!  WE expect them to listen to their coach, respect their teammates & fans, & carry themselves in a manner befitting one of the most storied, allbeit tragic teams in the history of sports!  We expect them to respect the history & walk reverently in the footsteps of former GREATS who graced Fenway park!  Red Sox fans have always tired & rebelled against  stars who focus primarily on their needs & subordinate the needs of the TEAM!  WE know what we witnessed!  One of the greatest collapses of any Red Sox Team in history!  We intuitively knew that it went far beyond the obvious pitching problems!  From the first day of Spring Training, many were talking about a TEAM that did not look ready to play.  The opening of the season seemed to confirm that uneasy feeling, & sent a wave of panic through this RS Nation.  The overwhelming talent level on the team seemed to offset those problems for most of the season, but the LACK OF DISCIPLINE ON THE 2010 & 2011 Red Sox eventually caught up with these guys!  Most RS Fans are angry for Tito, Theo, & the players for losing said discipline!  It's not about any one anecdote which confirms the lack of discipline!!!!!!   It is about THE LACK OF DISCIPLINE ITSELF!!!!

We're angry!  We're venting!  WE'll be back in FORCE come February!  Hopefully some of these guys won't be back!  

Anyway......  Cut the s h i t with the "obnoxious & entitled' fan BS!   NOT ONE long term, lifelong RS fan has ONE ONCE of ENTITLEMENT with respect to OUR TEAM!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Texas and St Louis aren't exactly small market teams.  The Cardinals were at $105M this year, and if the same team comes back next year, that number will go up considerably - could push them into the top 5.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Lets also not forget that the Rangers were a bankrupt team 1-2 years ago and were entirely subsidized by MLB, meaning all the other teams.  Not exactly an admirable business model.

With the Beatles theme in mind, perhaps the thread title should have been "Three of us going nowhere, spending un earned pay....."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Gluttunous 3 Get Their Just Desserts : Lets also not forget that the Rangers were a bankrupt team 1-2 years ago and were entirely subsidized by MLB, meaning all the other teams.  Not exactly an admirable business model. With the Beatles theme in mind, perhaps the thread title should have been "Three of us going nowhere, spending un earned pay....."
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

And they tried to throw $25M at Lee, which would have put them at about $115M.  If the bring back CJ Wilson, they will surely be over $100M.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Edited Headline: Red Sox, Yankees, and Phills - The Gluttunous 3 Get Their Just Desserts on a Magical Mystery Tour

Musically, the Beatles never failed, except for maybe "Michelle". I hear that is why her NH crew dumped her. She wanted to use that song in her campaign. Oh well, maybe they didn't fail with that song afterall.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Edited Headline: Red Sox, Yankees, and Phills - The Gluttunous 3 Get Their Just Desserts on a Magical Mystery Tour

In Response to Re: Edited Headline: Red Sox, Yankees, and Phills - The Gluttunous 3 Get Their Just Desserts on a Magical Mystery Tour:
    [QUOTE]Musically, the Beatles never failed, except for maybe "Michelle". I hear that is why her NH crew dumped her. She wanted to use that song in her campaign. Oh well, maybe they didn't fail with that song afterall.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Hey, I liked Michelle. My sister's name is Michelle and I always thought that was a very melodic and lyrical song. Maybe The Beatles never failed ever, ya think?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Hey, Jete, it's that karma thing.  The Yanks had it, the Sox didn't.  But in the end, no WS for either.  Both have some 'splainin' to do, Lucy.  Teixeira and Swisher, in particular, were big let downs in the post season.  I hear Cashman is concentrating on fixing the pitching, but he might be overlooking a need to do some work on that offense.  At least that is what I read in one of the NY papers recently.