Either stop pipe dreaming about media puffing on Stanton trade or provide specifics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Either stop pipe dreaming about media puffing on Stanton trade or provide specifics

We can't pull a you a say farm scraps or blocked prospects?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Either stop pipe dreaming about media puffing on Stanton trade or provide specifics

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the recent banter on Stanton. Let's have the trade specifics, right now!

Did I miss the recent banter?

Columnist Chad Finn's Mike Stanton piece has dominated the Globe's Red Sox webpage for five days without generating much discussion on the forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A pool of pools for Stanton should be enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I control the narrative.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

We should only trade people that have butcher hands.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I would trade Bogaerts and Softlaw.  The Marlins need fans, so he would be a welcome addition there...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...softy did call the Marlins "the model for small market teams to follow", so maybe it could happen.

I pity their message boards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Bogaerts, Owens, Kalish, and Pimentel as a staring point as they'd surely want more

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bogaerts & Brentz  - or - Iggy & Bradley

1 from: de la Rosa, Webster, Morales, Aceves or Doubront

1 prospect from below #10 on soxprospects.com list of top prospects.

(There, I got in 3 pools for ya!)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

Ellsbury draft compensation

Brentz

Webster or De La Roas

Choice of any one more player from the farm except Bradley, Jr. and Barnes

(Add Bogearts and subtract Brentz if better trade offers sheets)

Needless to say, you losers provide zilch on trading for Stanton. The stooge provides his copy attempt after being obliterated for just blathering no detail.

[/QUOTE]

I believe that the detail is in STantons tweets about how angry he is, and that he absolutely does not want to remain a Marlin and wants to be traded. He went on to say that he was promised Hanley, Reyes and Bonaficio in front of him, and that a hitter would be brought in behind him...

Seems the smart play for the Marlins is to move him before his knee gives out again. He argueably is in the top 2-3 players as far as trade value in the league.

I would make no one untouchable 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Brentz, Webster, Cecchini, Owens, Pimental.  

On second thought, that offer probably gets laughed at.

Softlaw makes some very valid pts.  Stanton is a 23 yr old superstar who isnt even in arbitration yet.  I think that ppl are scared to say what they would give up because its either a) hard to part with or b) not a serious offer.

In my deal, Im trying to give away quantity as opposed to quality.  But they would see right through this and move onto the next team trying to get Stanton (every team in the league would be interested).  I think they would ask for Doubront, Middlebrooks, and Boegarts , Owens.  I dont think they would be out of line either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I've never pipe dreamt about Stanton, be it using tobacco or marijuana, and I'm not going to begin now.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Stanton offer details continue to be few in number and almost zero in specific detail.

that's what I hate about fans, they are ignorant and stupid. No wonder they make Big Labor filthy rich, even though Big Labor almost never produces anything but loser production.

[/QUOTE]

Actually the ones getting filthy rich are the big owners, and they produce exactly nothing. But don't let facts get in the way of your ignorant rants.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bogaerts & Brentz  - or - Iggy & Bradley

1 from: de la Rosa, Webster, Morales, Aceves or Doubront

1 prospect from below #10 on soxprospects.com list of top prospects.

(There, I got in 3 pools for ya!)

[/QUOTE]

Trading Bogaerts for Stanton could be an eye for an eye in a year or two.  I like Bogy and believe he could put up huge numbers but we do need OF help.  Even so, I would try my best to keep Bogy out of the equation.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Mike Stanton is the new Felix Hernandez on this baord. 

Felix Hernandez, of course, replaced Adrian Gonzalez as that player we HAD as there was no way p[ossible this team could and should exist without him, especially since he was just wasting away elsewhere on that other team that clearly did not appreicate him.

And it goes without saying that any failure to acquire Stanton/Hernandez/whoever should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the GM.

How long until Mike Trout makes the list?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mike Stanton is the new Felix Hernandez on this baord. 

Felix Hernandez, of course, replaced Adrian Gonzalez as that player we HAD as there was no way p[ossible this team could and should exist without him, especially since he was just wasting away elsewhere on that other team that clearly did not appreicate him.

And it goes without saying that any failure to acquire Stanton/Hernandez/whoever should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the GM.

How long until Mike Trout makes the list?

[/QUOTE]

I'll say early January.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the recent banter on Stanton. Let's have the trade specifics, right now!

So go away. Problem solved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What is the point?

We, as fans, will have no clue what players the Marlins organzation may have interest in, if they were to have trade discussions about this player with the Sox. We can only guess at it.

So my guess would be to acquire a player of Stanton's caliber would require the following:

1. Kalish
    2. Middlebrooks
    3. Del La Rosa or Buchholz

Now other my guess would also be that that price would be too expensive and the Sox would look to offer less or walk away.

So again, what was the point? Maybe one of us will get lucky and put together a bunch of names that come close to being accurate if a trade went down?? That and $1.50 would get you a small coffee at Dunkins.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Don't let facts get in your way softy. American labor productivity has risen sharply over the last few decades. 

We work longer hours than just about every European nation, prodcue more per hour, and get paid less per hour.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

After reading the article on Ben Cherrington, the writing is on the wall. This team is looking for cheap free agents to fall to them later. You can see they are not going after anyone big. Guys ad girls, its going to be mediocrity for some year. I just hope Henry reduces the the prices he charges    for this product.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After reading the article on Ben Cherrington, the writing is on the wall. This team is looking for cheap free agents to fall to them later. You can see they are not going after anyone big. Guys ad girls, its going to be mediocrity for some year. I just hope Henry reduces the the prices he charges    for this product.

[/QUOTE]

So... you think the Sox should jump right back in with huge free agent contracts and send the payroill back through the roof for the sake of getting big names and higher ticket prices?   That worked so well the last 4 years.

Free agency is a horrible way to build a team, and should only be used to supplement a roster.  I prefer they not go that route for very much. 

Sections
Shortcuts