Either stop pipe dreaming about media puffing on Stanton trade or provide specifics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Either stop pipe dreaming about media puffing on Stanton trade or provide specifics

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After reading the article on Ben Cherrington, the writing is on the wall. This team is looking for cheap free agents to fall to them later. You can see they are not going after anyone big. Guys ad girls, its going to be mediocrity for some year. I just hope Henry reduces the the prices he charges    for this product.

[/QUOTE]

So... you think the Sox should jump right back in with huge free agent contracts and send the payroill back through the roof for the sake of getting big names and higher ticket prices?   That worked so well the last 4 years.

Free agency is a horrible way to build a team, and should only be used to supplement a roster.  I prefer they not go that route for very much. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree, especially with this year's weak FA class.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Either stop pipe dreaming about media puffing on Stanton trade or provide specifics

"bridge year"....I don't see how they will improve significantly with this crop of FA's. It's going to  be a dull offseason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"bridge year"....I don't see how they will improve significantly with this crop of FA's. It's going to  be a dull offseason.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I think we should set our sites on 2014 and beyond.

Trade all players that we will not extend and lose to free agency after 2013:

Ellsbury, Salty, Breslow, Sweeney, & R Hill

Get what we can for them in the form of prospects or players under team control for 3+ years.

Strongly consider trading most players who will be free agents after 2014:

Lackey, Lester (actually has option after 2013), & Morales

I do think we can make some trades (maybe Upton or B Anderson) and signings of younger players (as FAs go) with upside like Marcum or McCarthy that will make us better in 2013, but more importantly will set us up better for 2014 and 2015.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

After reading the article on Ben Cherrington, the writing is on the wall. This team is looking for cheap free agents to fall to them later. You can see they are not going after anyone big. Guys ad girls, its going to be mediocrity for some year. I just hope Henry reduces the the prices he charges    for this product.

[/QUOTE]

So... you think the Sox should jump right back in with huge free agent contracts and send the payroill back through the roof for the sake of getting big names and higher ticket prices?   That worked so well the last 4 years.

Free agency is a horrible way to build a team, and should only be used to supplement a roster.  I prefer they not go that route for very much. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1