Ells choking on home-town cooking ;(

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Ells choking on home-town cooking ;(

I don't think it's the pitching.  Really.  But time will tell.  Goodness knows, he has incentives. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It was a fact that he was seeing a steady diet of fat meatballs (fastballs) in front of 2011 Pedroia, AGon and Ortiz. He was the one guy that pitchers wanted to keep off base in front of the better hitters. That's no longer the case with Shane and Pedroia in the 3 spot and Ortiz 2013.

You keep repeating the same lies over and over, even after being called out time and time again.

The only fact here is you are a liar.

Jacoby's FB%

2007: 61.2

2008: 65.3

2009: 67.5

2010: 63.3

2011: 61.7 (7/1% BB rate is his highest of his career)

Only softy can look atthese numbers and state with certainty that "It was a fact that he was seeing a steady diet of fat meatballs (fastballs) in front of 2011 Pedroia, AGon and Ortiz."

The worst part is, that even if softy was right about the "meatballs", he is still wrong. Jacoby had his best OBP in 2011 by over 20 points, so the whole concept of serving up fastballs to a hitter to keep him off base is absurd and clownish.

Also, in 2011 Pedey saw 61% fastballs as well (which is more than he's seeing this year). Were they serving him "meatballs" too?

(FYI, Pedey also had his highest BB% of his career in 2011. It sure looked like pitchers feared walking Jake and Pedey to the point where they ended up walking them more than they ever did in their entire MLB careers.)

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Is Darrell Huff your real name?

Show us a "real stat" that shows Ellsbury faced more fastballs in 2011.

Show us how pitchers feared walking him in 2011, but then helped him to his highest BB% of his career.

No, forget it. You'll just bring up something about Wake, Santana and Mauer instead.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Read South's comment and my comments that he received a stead diet of meatballs to pull. You immediately went to some useless cumulative fastball stat, trying to hard to pretend that Ellsbury sould have done 2011 with S. Drew and Carp hitting behind him.

You said he got more fatsballs. Not me. You lied. He didn't.

You lied, and now you divert to drivel.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont think it was so much the FB, but to me, it seemed like he was able to turn on all the inside FB he was getting and driving them out. It was more the location.he got a ton of middle in FB...His shoulder injury has something to do with the lack of power as well as trying to pull everything instead of going the other way. heres a good source for my theory.

http://www.baseballanalytics.org/baseball-analytics-blog/tag/jacoby-ellsbury

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I dont think it was so much the FB, but to me, it seemed like he was able to turn on all the inside FB he was getting and driving them out. It was more the location.he got a ton of middle in FB...His shoulder injury has something to do with the lack of power as well as trying to pull everything instead of going the other way. heres a good source for my theory.

From what I can see , his bat speed seems to be down a bit. Watch his at bats and notice how often he will get a pitch to hit, but be a little late on it and foul it off to the left. Then , when he tries to pull the ball , he will roll over and hit a ground ball to the right side. This has been a recurring thing so far this season.  It  might just be that his timing is off , but I think the bat speed is down. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

A) JE's agent is?  correct! Bora$

2.  Does a Bora$ client ever give a discount (home or other)?  correct!  NO.

III.  Will JE sign with the team that offers the most money?  you got it!  (see a & 2).

four:  will the RS offer JE the bigge$t contract when he becomes FA?  thats right boys and girls!  NO.

thanks for playing.  see you all next time on FORE EAZY QUESTIONS WITH $LA$HER

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

From what I can see , his bat speed seems to be down a bit. Watch his at bats and notice how often he will get a pitch to hit, but be a little late on it and foul it off to the left. Then , when he tries to pull the ball , he will roll over and hit a ground ball to the right side. This has been a recurring thing so far this season.  It  might just be that his timing is off , but I think the bat speed is down. 

The shoulder injury like he had can linger afterwards. Even throughout this year. Id put money on it that that is the cause of his slower bat speed and power. He needs to just take what they give him and stop trying to kill the ball. its causing him to roll over on the ball resulting in little squibbers to the right side.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This discussion is getting needlessly complicated.  Ellsbury is in a contract year and wants in the worst way to play well and especially hit well.  If he does well, this can only help the Sox, who probably are planning on replacing him next year anyway with Bradley.  Meanwhile, however, the Sox very much want Ellsbury to play and especially hit well.  Worth noting is that only two Sox have played every single game to date at a position (not DH)--Pedroia and Ellsbury. 

I seriously doubt the opposing pitchers have concocted some magic formula, fastballs inside or whatever, but do think he is struggling big time.  It is in fact difficult to consistently hit a round ball with a round bat squarely.  Ellsbury is getting the ball on the bat, but not squarely.  He seems to hit a lot of grounders to the secondbaseman.  When he gets good wood and good lift on the ball, it's just a fly out. He hit better in April than he is in May. 

Cafardo today advocates changing the lineup and specifically moving Pedroia back to 2d, which means Victorino leading off and Ellsbury somewhere in the bottom third. 

Tonight's lineup against lefty Price is Ells, Vic, Ped, Papi, Nap, Gomes, Salty, Mids, Drew.  Again, no Nava. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Do we really even want a 'home-town' discount?

LOL

Yeah.....Boras will take it.

+1    

Boras is more evil than Kim Jong Un.   LOL

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I hate to admit it but I am concerned that Ellsbury was a PED user, because he does not even resemble the same hitter from two years ago. I hooe I am wrong and Boras never gives a home town discount.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I said he got more fastballs, which goes without saying in the wheelhouse on location. Location only needs to be mentioned when it's to deflect your trolling captous nonsense.

You lied, injecting cumalitive stats without the context of location.

You never mentioned location.

You said the opponents feared walking Jake, but he walked more than ever. How's that for context?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

I hate to admit it but I am concerned that Ellsbury was a PED user, because he does not even resemble the same hitter from two years ago. I hooe I am wrong and Boras never gives a home town discount.

No. Just look at his hit chart i gave a link to in my post above. Hes always had about the same amount of FB every year, except in 2011 he got a ton of them middle in which he was able to drive. The shoulder injury in 2012 has something to do with less power and hes seeing more pitches away this year.

Softy is right that he really should bunt more and take the ball the other way. a high OBP leadoff guy who can steal 50 bags with good defense is valuable. He also has solid splits vs LH and RHP. Hes swinging like hes a power guy still looking toward the next big contract when he should start acting and hitting like a leadoff guy.

Hes hurting his value trying to be something hes not.