Ells sleep walking his way to $100 Million contract, walks off the playing field into yet another DP.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ells sleep walking his way to $100 Million contract, walks off the playing field into yet another DP.

• Time to bench Ells!  He certainly hasn't done a thing to help the Sox win a late innings game in..........  What?  FOREVER!  ONE walk off & ZERO late innings contributions all season long.
    • Time to bench him!

Ok OK!  Sort of just kidding

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Ells sleep walking his way to $100 Million contract, walks off the playing field into yet another DP.

Where was the 1B coach?

Anyone know how many outs Jacoby has run into this year beyond CS'ings?

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

Re: Ells sleep walking his way to $100 Million contract, walks off the playing field into yet another DP.

Benching, may be harsh fo a player of his caliber but, I believe he does need to sit for awhile if only for a brief rest. It's pretty obvious he needs to get his head on straight. Move Victorino to center, Nava to right, Gomes or Carp in left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There are 152 players who "qualify" with enough PAs this year. I realize offense is more than just OPS, and Ellsbury's SBs are a big plus, but is any player with a .778 OPS worth over $100M?

Ellsbury places 65th out 152 in OPS.

In all fairness, he does rank 17th in WAR this year at 4.8.

(Pedey & Vict are at 4.0.)

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Where was the 1B coach?

Anyone know how many outs Jacoby has run into this year beyond CS'ings?

Sox4ever

Come on moon please he's not in Little League. An MLB veteran should know the gm situation at all times. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

btw...

I was just kidding about the benching.  Ells is one of our most consistent, soon to be $18ish Million dollar / year men.  He consistently does absolutely nothing to spark late game wins.

Yes!  He will always hit for avg.  circa .300.  He will steal loads of bases for the next 5 years.  His wheels will make him an above avg asset in CF.  He is an excellent lead off guy who puts pressure on the pitchers.  He is truly a VERY GOOD player!  Worth $17 - 18M/yr. 5+ years????

Well.....  He throws worse than my 5 yr. old neice & seems to have completely lost his POP.  Worst of all........  as I've already said......  He simply seems to fall asleep late in close games????  

I love the guy, but it's infuriating to watch his lack of passion late in games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

no excuse...period

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As SOFTY would say ............................   "Visions of $$$$$$$$ & Bora$$ on the mind"  !!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i thought it was kind of funny TBH. never seen it before and once i figured out what was going on i chuckled about it. It's not like he did it when we were losing or to end the game.... It was a dumb play no doubt but no harm no foul. He will get some razzing from the guys for it as he should but it most certainly wasn't aa big deal.

@moon, while i don't have an official count i'd say it's somewhere between ~5 give or take a few outs on the basepaths. He's got burned a couple times trying to stretch a double into a triple and a few more times on liners caught in the IF for a DP.

Also, if you adjust his SLG% to account for SBs then it jumps from .418 to .507. His adjusted OPS sits at .857 I'll take that from a CF'er anyday!

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I've seen guys forget the number of outs enough times before.

Saw one guy sprinting full out from 1st on an OF FB.  Sees the 3rd base coach waving him back, then tries to cut across the diamond instead of circling back.

Saw Damon flip the ball into the stands at YS after catching the 2nd out.  Then it got really funny when he sees the runners tagging up to advance, he turns back to the stands to ask for the ball back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I've seen guys forget the number of outs enough times before.

Saw one guy sprinting full out from 1st on an OF FB.  Sees the 3rd base coach waving him back, then tries to cut across the diamond instead of circling back.

Saw Damon flip the ball into the stands at YS after catching the 2nd out.  Then it got really funny when he sees the runners tagging up to advance, he turns back to the stands to ask for the ball back.

LOL! that's pretty funny. did they give it back? Tongue Out

Sections
Shortcuts