Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: Ellsbury

Nice win last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

All I know is the Sox are 77-55 with him in Line-up this year.

What's Jacoby's CFERA?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Since he left, the Red Sox have won over 68% of their games.

But of course the question is, how many would they have won had he not been injured?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

And since Iggy left, they've won over 62%, in a larger sample.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

And since Iggy left, they've won over 62%, in a larger sample.

I brought this up on another thread, and the clown could not even comprehend the concept.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The clown ignores any facts that aren't in his favor.  He knows that a message board like this is the only place you can get away with this kind of obnoxious dishonesty.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Hey Soft guy....remember when you said that Ells wouldn't be on the field for the rest of the year and played his last day for the Sox??  Good job allstar!!!

Oh yeah....1-2 with 2 runs scored.....

d u f u s...... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

You could hit it big, in Vegas, just by betting  the opposite of what Softy says.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Should we predict Stiffy's responses? 

Will it be, 1)  Well, he only played a part of the game, or 2)  He only did it to boost his contract value.

The fact remains that Ells DID come back and once again Stiffy was wrong. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Will it be, 1)  Well, he only played a part of the game, or 2)  He only did it to boost his contract value.

Yup. He made it back. I am glad he is back and I hope he can stay back for the remainder of the playoffs because we are a better team with him in the lineup.
    I also think that the fact that this is a contract year DID have something to do with the timing of his return. His broken bone is not healed yet; that takes about six weeks. Now Borass can mention during negotiations that his client is indeed willing to play hurt. I don't think for one minute that if this were not a contract year that Ellsbury would be out another three weeks, if the Sox are still in contention then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Yup. He made it back. I am glad he is back and I hope he can stay back for the remainder of the playoffs because we are a better team with him in the lineup.
    I also think that the fact that this is a contract year DID have something to do with the timing of his return. His broken bone is not healed yet; that takes about six weeks. Now Borass can mention during negotiations that his client is indeed willing to play hurt. I don't think for one minute that if this were not a contract year that Ellsbury would be out another three weeks, if the Sox are still in contention then.

So...damned if he does... if he comes back early it's because it's a contract year and not because he wants to get back on the field and help the team win,

and

damned if he doesn't because he's "brittle" and refuses to play hurt.

In the words of Dana Carvey, a/k/a "The Church Lady", isn't that conveeenient!

It may be worth mentioning that when he cracked the ribs in 2010 he came back early and reinjured the ribs diving for a ball, and that wasn't a contract year. 

I'm always amazed at the ability of some posters to KNOW a person's motives for doing something even though they've never even met him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That is just speculation. The fact is that he is back. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Why would anyone debate how solid a player Ellsbury is? 

It's pure insanity..................

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

So...damned if he does... if he comes back early it's because it's a contract year and not because he wants to get back on the field and help the team win,

and

damned if he doesn't because he's "brittle" and refuses to play hurt.

In the words of Dana Carvey, a/k/a "The Church Lady", isn't that conveeenient!

It may be worth mentioning that when he cracked the ribs in 2010 he came back early and reinjured the ribs diving for a ball, and that wasn't a contract year. 

I'm always amazed at the ability of some posters to KNOW a person's motives for doing something even though they've never even met him. 

I am not "damning" him at all. As I said, whatever the reason is that he is back, I am glad he IS back. What I am saying is that fractures take about 6 weeks to heal and I believe that his contract status DOES play a role in how quickly he came back. I can't say that I would not do the same thing-put up with a few weeks of pain in order to increase my position in my upcoming contract negotiations in a way that could be worth tens of millions of dollars. Hell yeah I would do that too.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts