Ellsbury and Pedroia

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Ellsbury and Pedroia

In Response to Re: Ellsbury and Pedroia:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury and Pedroia : oh so current year counts??? Yet you used the exact opposite argument against Ellsbury and Crawford despite their rising OBP year by year and PREACHED they would stick to their career avg's.....yet when the numbers aren't convenient with Ellsbury you pull a 180 And his career OPS between LHP RHP is different by .003.  Oh I'm sorry you won't to judge him by 120 ab sample size??? Your a hater....everyone knows your a hater, and you sound like a broken record that can't stop playing the same tune. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

This is what the heretical right does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]"And, of course, I have this ulterior motive.  Old softy continues to tell one and all that the Sox should dump Ellsbury as soon as possible because he can't hit lefties or plays centerfield like he's blindfolded or whatever." Don't forget that awful "reverse pivot" swing.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

yes..the reverse pivot swing...a classic indeed
    http://youtu.be/5_iJ3DEBS5c

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Kemp woud be the best leadoff hitter in baseball for more than a year, or the best RH middle order guy for more than a year. Crawford can leadoff, and be weak v. LHP, just like Bellsbury. Reality is that Max simply likes Ellsbury over Kemp or McCutchen, for reasons we both know. None of it as anything to do with current and future team needs.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Tell me oh knowledgeable one..How is Elssbury's career .295 AVG vs LHP weak? hes at 273 for this year so far, which is good too..You lose more credibility each post u make regarding this obsession of Ellsbury u have..Not that u had much to begin with...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

On a perfectly clear day a Globe Forum poster says "The sky sure is blue today!", then consumate Troll Softy chimes in "No it isn't, it is azure, not blue and you are an idiot for thinking it is blue, and another thing, Bellsbury is the worst baseball player in the history of MLB."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]2011 is not .295, not that his BA is what counts v. LHP on a team that has zilch OF OPS proficiency v. LHP.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]
     OK, so his 2011 OBP is a fluke and I should pay attention to his career OBP, but his career AVG vs lefties is a fluke and I should pay attention to this year.
     Makes perfect sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

i love that ellsbury is one of two lefties to ever hit a home run off of david price. and viva the pedroia/ cano debate!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ellsbury & Pedroia are both studs.........awsesome 1-2 combo at the top of the lineup.

and if you think otherwise, it's because your drinking that...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I predict Pedey overtakes Ells in the SB column.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Judy just Punched out another one BillySoftBoy!!!!! Another entree of Crow!!!!! I love this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

quick! trade him before he hits another home run! ellsbury must be stopped!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

oops. too late. two home runs for ellsbury in the game!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The Sox have just 3 runs today in 7 innings, and two of them are by Ellsbury. 

So Ellsbury could very well be headed for a better season than MVP Pedroia had in 2008 and doing so during a year when hitting and scoring are down in MLB. 

But old softy is sure to find some way to claim that Ellsbury is a disaster this year and needs to be traded for a backup SS or something. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Jake Jacked another two today! Boywonder has some Power...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Great post max

When the euphoria and pink hats calmed down after 07, I and many others here made accurate predictions about what type of player Ellsbury would be.

- very good defense, not elite gold glove but very good
    - game changer on the basepaths, someone who scores 90-110 runs a year
    - 50-70 steals
    - a good contact/gap hitter with an avg over .300
    - good but not elite leadoff/CFer OBP (.355-.365) b/c he's a contact hitter
    - earlier in his career (08-09) he sacrificed power for triples (17 of each)
    - now we're getting a more mature hitter who is going to be more of the 18-23 HR 4-6 triple guy we originally expected

Those who call him jitterbug, 'jake' say he'd 'look better in an indians hat but is no Jim Thorpe' but is a AAAA hitter destined for the NL or a 9-hitter in a platoon in the AL.... are fools.... and the egg is all over their faces

Sections
Shortcuts