Ellsbury benched

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Ellsbury benched

Had to happen.  He scored 0 runs in the last two games.  Talk about a slump.  He'll be lucky to bat 9th when he rejoins the lineup--if he does.  McDonald playing CF and leading off tonight--just what the Sox need, a righty outfielder in the lineup.  I hope Theo can pull off trading Buchholz, Lester, and Beckett to the Dodgers to get a real hitter, Kemp. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Ellsbury benched

I guess Ellsbury doesn't have enough value any more to trade straight up for Bill Hall?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The problem is there is no other viable centerfielder.  tito can't pencil in Cameron because of the racist Boston fans and media.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I hope that Bellsbury doting fawns understand that it's the slugging of AGon, Ortiz and Youk that disrupts the other pitcher and makes the offense go.

Dodgers are toast, and would listen to the chance to get the great Bellsbury and the great Lowrie and get two west coast favorites who are budding superstars. Kemp has only one more full year before FA, so a perfect time for the Dodgers to cut payroll and plan for the future on two cheap and later affordable FA profiles who are rewriting the record books.

Pay no attention to where Lowrie is now, he's a .400 hitter, and Ellsbury is a career .379 OBP and 70 steals slugger.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Ellsbury benched:
    [QUOTE]Had to happen.  He scored 0 runs in the last two games.  Talk about a slump.  He'll be lucky to bat 9th when he rejoins the lineup--if he does.  McDonald playing CF and leading off tonight--just what the Sox need, a righty outfielder in the lineup.  I hope Theo can pull off trading Buchholz, Lester, and Beckett to the Dodgers to get a real hitter, Kemp. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Ells could use a night off but inserting Cam and Mac isn't exactly comforting.  Hopefully they contribute because this is a pretty big game to remove your lead off hitter the way Jacoby has played.  I'm not sure when the last time was Cam got around on a good fastball but he will see one tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The last time Cam got around on a fastball was the game he hit his 2 homers and the game he hammered the hit off of CC.

LA is a perfect place for Bellsbury, and hopefully he ends up there with the Dodgers this winter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury benched:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ellsbury benched : Ells could use a night off but inserting Cam and Mac isn't exactly comforting.  Hopefully they contribute because this is a pretty big game to remove your lead off hitter the way Jacoby has played.  I'm not sure when the last time was Cam got around on a good fastball but he will see one tonight.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]Well on a small sample set Ellsbury is 1-6 with a walk in 7 PAs versus Price. As good a night as any to get Ellsbury a day off after he has played in the first 67 games.

And Mac is just up after being hot in Pawtucket so Tito is hoping to catch a little lightning in bottle. It doesn't hurt that Mac is 4-12 with two walks in 14 PAs against Proce either. As is often the case the splits explain Francona's thinking.

Drew is 1-6 with walk in 7 PAs versus Price, though as bad as he is going even if the splits weren't awful, why count on history. Now the same could be said of Cam's career stats facing LH and he has never faced Price (but again it can't be worse than Drew has been lately).

And while the game is important even if the RS lose, a 7-2 road trip after winning the last 3 at home isn't too shabby.

It was a good game after 67 straight to get Jacoby a night off. I just wish that Tito would force himself to do this with A-Gon, though my bet is A-Gon gets a day off in interleague on the road to prevent Ortiz from sitting for 9 straight games. When? I am sure in game where the splits are more favorable for DO than Adrian, it is how Terry does it. It is the RS way. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury benched : Well on a small sample set Ellsbury is 1-6 with a walk in 7 PAs versus Price. As good a night as any to get Ellsbury a day off after he has played in the first 67 games. And Mac is just up after being hot in Pawtucket so Tito is hoping to catch a little lightning in bottle. It doesn't hurt that Mac is 4-12 with two walks in 14 PAs against Proce either. As is often the case the splits explain Francona's thinking. Drew is 1-6 with walk in 7 PAs versus Price, though as bad as he is going even if the splits weren't awful, why count on history. Now the same could be said of Cam's career stats facing LH and he has never faced Price (but again it can't be worse than Drew has been lately). And while the game is important even if the RS lose, a 7-2 road trip after winning the last 3 at home isn't too shabby. It was a good game after 67 straight to get Jacoby a night off. I just wish that Tito would force himself to do this with A-Gon, though my bet is A-Gon gets a day off in interleague on the road to prevent Ortiz from sitting for 9 straight games. When? I am sure in game where the splits are more favorable for DO than Adrian, it is how Terry does it. It is the RS way. 
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Good points, I'm just hoping for the best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]The problem is there is no other viable centerfielder.  tito can't pencil in Cameron because of the racist Boston fans and media.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Isn't McD Black?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury benched : Isn't McD Black?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]Don't tell Francona.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Boy so far I am glad Terry is color blind....big hit RBi and R scored for Darnell. A good night to give Ellsbury a blow I'd say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]I hope that Bellsbury doting fawns understand that it's the slugging of AGon, Ortiz and Youk that disrupts the other pitcher and makes the offense go. Dodgers are toast, and would listen to the chance to get the great Bellsbury and the great Lowrie and get two west coast favorites who are budding superstars. Kemp has only one more full year before FA, so a perfect time for the Dodgers to cut payroll and plan for the future on two cheap and later affordable FA profiles who are rewriting the record books. Pay no attention to where Lowrie is now, he's a .400 hitter, and Ellsbury is a career .379 OBP and 70 steals slugger.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

time to BAN!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I like the RH action against LHP that Mac is showing. Bellsbury is not good v. LHP this year, so a platoon would work well.

Did Lowrie have another anxiety attack.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Jake benched? Your "ribbing" me!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Its a joke, Ells needed a day off and it might have come late in the day when he was scratched.  Hes not going anywhere, that would be dumb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Bellsbury is headed to get a taco.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Unfortunately the idiot, betterdeadthanred took the posting seriously.

Hetchinspete.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Bellsbury is headed to get a taco.

Forget about your race baiting, gay bashing, & obnoxious moralizing!

Your biggest crime!

Being FLAT OUT BORING!

Have you always had this problem with perseverant behavior?

GET A LIFE!  Get l@yed!  Do something so you can change the record........

You just sound like such a fool!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Perhaps you could regal us with your in depth knowledge of the reverse pivot swing, & how that is the key to the fulfillment of your prophecy on Ells?????

PLEASE!

Your so smart!  AND soooo witty!

Ramble on ad nosium about meaningless baseball stats, & how THEY prove your in depth baseball knowledge!  YOU're so good at cut & paste!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury benched : Forget about your race baiting, gay bashing, & obnoxious moralizing! Your biggest crime! Being FLAT OUT BORING! Have you always had this problem with perseverant behavior? GET A LIFE!  Get l@yed !  Do something so you can change the record........ You just sound like such a fool!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Hi Dirtdog,

Thank you for calling out this troll as well. I've renamed him Betterdeadthanred because he persists in calling Tim Wakefield, Wastefield etc, etc. Obnoxious is about it. He rarely if ever has anything positive to say about anything. By his rants you'd think the Red Sox were a last place team.

Hetchinspete.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Bellsbury is headed to get a taco.

OR....  You could just give us another Taco / Ells joke :)

You are hillarious!  NO!  Seriously...  You are the man.  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

And in the very same game....

Ellsbury... unbenched! 

-Daf. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

.....and pops out..............

I denounce homosexual behavior. As for "gay bashing", any bashing is angry bashing, there isn't anything gay about bashing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE].....and pops out.............. I denounce homosexual behavior. As for "gay bashing", any bashing is angry bashing, there isn't anything gay about bashing.

So, by omission.... you tacitly admit to the race baiting & obnoxious moralizing....   OK

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

No, by comission, you patently admit to bugaboo race injection. OK.