Ellsbury benched

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Re: Ellsbury benched

In Response to Re: Ellsbury benched:
    [QUOTE]No, by comission, you patently admit to bugaboo race injection. OK.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Did you mean "commision"? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Ellsbury benched:
    [QUOTE]Had to happen.  He scored 0 runs in the last two games.  Talk about a slump.  He'll be lucky to bat 9th when he rejoins the lineup--if he does.  McDonald playing CF and leading off tonight--just what the Sox need, a righty outfielder in the lineup.  I hope Theo can pull off trading Buchholz, Lester, and Beckett to the Dodgers to get a real hitter, Kemp. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, max!

So easy to smile right now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]No, by comission, you patently admit to bugaboo race injection. OK.

Sorry Betterdead!

It's not a bugaboo on my part, as WE ALL KNOW YOU started the blatant RACE BAITING during the recent Dice-K Red Sox Career ending "injury."  The moralizing & rampant demagoguery, where it be on issues like "homosexuality" or the Second Amendment, are standard fare for a guy like you.  Whether you are wrapping yourself in the flag, or pretending to be an upstanding Christian, you can always be counted on to make us all nauseous with your false idol worship. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

First: 6/7/2011
    Last: 6/17/2011
    I like the RH action against LHP that Mac is showing. Bellsbury is not good v. LHP this year, so a platoon would work well.

Did Lowrie have another anxiety attack.

no, actually Lowrie said he felt his shoulder pop when he was taking a swing wiseguy!

also it was a smart move on tito for giving Els the night off. DM came through last night which was great to see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Why do you say he was benched? It's just such a dumb assertion as every player gets a night off, no Cal Ripkens anymore. When Adrian Gonzalez gets his night off, will you say, "oh, he must have been benched because he only had one homerun this week." Come on, man. Ellsbury has been one of the best lead off hitters in baseball and one of the Sox best players. I would argue he is second behind AGon this year in value to the team on offense thus far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Why do you say he was benched? It's just such a dumb assertion as every player gets a night off, no Cal Ripkens anymore. When Adrian Gonzalez gets his night off, will you say, "oh, he must have been benched because he only had one homerun this week." Come on, man. Ellsbury has been one of the best lead off hitters in baseball and one of the Sox best players. I would argue he is second behind AGon this year in value to the team on offense thus far.
    Posted by bigpanther98[/QUOTE]

The OP was being sarcastic and playing with our resident Ellsbury hater.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury benched : The OP was being sarcastic and playing with our resident Ellsbury hater.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

True dat. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury benched : Can you help me undertsand this?  Admittedly, i am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I am not following what seems to be a pretty witty post ...
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Hey Space,

He's just employing a simple play on words...  He uses what appears to HIM as an oxymoron "gay bashing."  Saying "you can't "bash in a gay (happy) manner.
    Moderately clever......  Still he avoids the central problem....

What Betterdead does in general is very simpleminded.....

He looks for opportunities to INJECT is low IQ ideology!

Example......  The (Globe?) story about a pre teen boy who loves is recently deceased uncle who happens to be gay.  The boy has no doubt heard many a story of his uncle being "bullied" throughout his life due to his sexual identity.  Said boy has also witnessed countless personal experiences of the same types of harassment of classmates & friends who are "perceived to be," or perhaps are in fact gay themselves.  This brave young man decides (on his own) to take up the cause & ask the Red Sox players to help by making an anti bullying video.
    Betterdead ceases upon this story to ATTACK the "gay agenda." complaining that the kid is "a plant" by gay activists.  He also says that any video should be about ANY BULLYING in general.  Betterdead's MAIN AGENDA is to spew his hatred for a "SIN" that he clearly does not commit????

IT'S EASY for a simple minded "Christian" like Betterdead to ATTACK these kinds of "SINS," as HE KNOWS it is not one that HE HAS EVER COMMITTED????

*  THE IRONY!!!!!!   Betterdead wants to constantly beat us over the head with HIS "Christian?" principles, BUT HE COMPLETELY IGNORES his own REAL SINS....
    The most obvious being the SIN OF PRIDE!  PRIDE being the WORST SIN OF ALL according to The VERY Bible Betterdead falsely bases his existence!  If he were ever able to wrap his VERY SMALL BRAIN around the THOUSANDS of condemnations by HIS God of the SIN OF PRIDE, & how those condemnations directly apply to HIM, that walnut in his head would absolutely explode.

Betterdead condemns himself to an eternity in Hell by his daily embrace of HIS unrepentant SIN OF PRIDE!

THIS IS NOT MY RELIGIOUS IDEOLOGY!  It's Betterdeads!!!!

You live by the sword, you die by the sword!

THIS is butONE of MANY examples where Betterdead constantly seeks to moralize to the rest of us, while completely ignoring or excusing his own shortcomings!

The guy is your typical theological simpleton hypocrite!  :(

Using racial demagoguery during the Dice-K meltdown this year is yet another example of Betterdead's MORAL character. 

THE IRONY:   He turns right around and accuses "Liberals & Leftists" of "playing the race card."

THE ONLY EXPLANATION???   The guy is flat out not that bright!

WORSE!  HE'S BORING!!!!!!   :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

I know the original poster was being sarcastic. I was talking to Softy who actually believes that Ellsbury was benched based on his comments (not scoring runs in last few games and comments like that) or believes he should be, which is so stupid, it's laughable. His WAR is second on the team to AGon -
    Gonzalez 4.0
    Ellsbury 3.0
    Youkilis 2.7
    Pedroia 2.5
    Ortiz 2.3

and 4th in the entire American League!!!!! In other words, he is the best leadoff hitter in the AL this season, and one of the best overall players in baseball!!!
    Bautista 4.6
    Gonzalez 4.0
    Span 3.3
    Ellsbury 3.0
    Avila 3.0
    Cabrera 2.9
    Joyce 2.9
    Youkilis 2.7
    Granderson 2.7
    Quentin 2.5

I hate to break it to you, Softbatch, but Ellsbury has far surpassed your standard from a few years ago, Grady Sizemore. It appears that Sizemore has gone the way of Rocco Baldelli. He was a shooting star, but now has had a few years of nothing and seems to be on his way down and out. Ellsbury, every fantasy player's dream.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]I hope that Bellsbury doting fawns understand that it's the slugging of AGon, Ortiz and Youk that disrupts the other pitcher and makes the offense go. Dodgers are toast, and would listen to the chance to get the great Bellsbury and the great Lowrie and get two west coast favorites who are budding superstars. Kemp has only one more full year before FA, so a perfect time for the Dodgers to cut payroll and plan for the future on two cheap and later affordable FA profiles who are rewriting the record books. Pay no attention to where Lowrie is now, he's a .400 hitter, and Ellsbury is a career .379 OBP and 70 steals slugger.

Actually, those stats are probably right on (prob closer to 50ish steals per) when he comes into his prime the next 2 years. The way his numbers have trended up every year, less 2010, he should be able to achieve those numbers on a consistant basis..I dont remember anybody on here EVER claiming that Ellsbury is a slugger..10-15 a year tops..why even mention it? Its like saying Manny wasnt  good at stealing bases..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury benched : Actually, those stats are probably right on (prob closer to 50ish steals per) when he comes into his prime the next 2 years. The way his numbers have trended up every year, less 2010, he should be able to achieve those numbers on a consistant basis..I dont remember anybody on here EVER claiming that Ellsbury is a slugger..10-15 a year tops..why even mention it? Its like saying Manny wasnt  good at stealing bases..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
    Dig the new avatar, lefty!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE].....and pops out.............. I denounce homosexual behavior. As for "gay bashing", any bashing is angry bashing, there isn't anything gay about bashing.

And in his very next at bat.... a home run!

As the real Jacoby Ellsbury stands up...

The real Master Softlaw hides under a rock until the next opportunity to senselessly bash. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I like the RH action against LHP that Mac is showing. Bellsbury is not good v. LHP this year, so a platoon would work well.

The ever moving goal post continues.

Softy bashes anyone who tries to use this season's numbers to show Ellsbury has been a great leadoff hitter so far. "Career stats" are what should be used, he said. "This year's sample size is too small."

Now, he is trying to use an even smaller sample size to find a "weakness" in Jacoby's great season: his numbers vs LHPs.

Jacoby has 300+ PAs this season. Too small a sample size?

Jacoby has 83 PAs vs LHPs this year: apparently now a large enough for softy. (Sidenote: he bashed me for using a 3 year sample size for Papi vs LHPs)

Jacoby's numbers:
    vs RHPs: .327/.387/.510/.897 (222 PAs)
    vs LHPs: .270/.329/.378/.708 (83 PAs)

(Sidenote: softy wanted Cam to be the FT CF'er this year)

Jacoby's career numbers (the usual softy measuring stick):
    vs RHPs: .292/.347/.426/.773
    vs LHPs: .301/.354/.391/.744

Since OBP is most important when leading off, I wonder why softy is not using career numbers now.

Sidenote: Jacoby as the leadoff hitter:
    .329/.386/.479/.866 in 265 PAs
    (more than triple the sample size softy is trying to use to bash Jake)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

It really is time for this butter whatever poster/troll/race baiter/sexual preference baiter/ignoramus to be banned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Apparently BDC is incapable of banning anyone.  Softlaw and Babe have had their posts deleted numerous times but they quickly reappear wth new screen names.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Eventually, the original law gave up.

Maybe this one will too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I was just thinking.....maybe, in fact most likely, buttermushbrain simply does not know the difference between a player being benched vs. being given a day off after playing in 67 straight games. Truly ingnorant. We all learned the difference in Little League.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It was just wishful thinking.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]It really is time for this butter whatever poster/troll/race baiter/sexual preference baiter/ignoramus to be banned.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

You mean, again.

And again, and again, and again...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from badgealbert. Show badgealbert's posts

ellsbury is the most exciting player in baseball and I still hearing idiots downplaying him for the most stupid reasons. IF ANYONE NEEDS A REST IT IS THE IDIOT MGR IN THE DUGOUT.
    IF ELSBURY NEEDS A REST LET HIM ASK FOR IT .IF FRANCOMA NEEDS A REST LET HIM GO TO MGR SCHOOL AND MAYBE HE COULD LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT RUNNING A TEAM . EXAMPLE bOSTONS GREAT  THREE- FOUR HITTERS WERE MANNY AND PAPI . WHY NOT NOW HAVE IT GONZO AND PAPI. YOUK IS A GREAT PLAYER BUT IS NOT THE HITTER OF EITHER OF THESE TWO

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

I don't get why Softlaw hates Ellsbury. He is a capable player with three of the five tools. He is a good contact hitter who is capable of hitting .300. He has great speed and is capable of stealing 50-60 bases a year. He has great range and is a good fielder. Yes, he has zero power,but this isn't the steroid era- you don't need it to play well. Also, he may have an arm that resembles Damon's, but his range makes up for that and makes him a very good fielder.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Nobody really gets why Softlaw hates Ellsbury so much.  It's a personal animosity that makes him twist the facts to fit his opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

[QUOTE]ellsbury is the most exciting player in baseball and I still hearing idiots downplaying him for the most stupid reasons. IF ANYONE NEEDS A REST IT IS THE IDIOT MGR IN THE DUGOUT. IF ELSBURY NEEDS A REST LET HIM ASK FOR IT .IF FRANCOMA NEEDS A REST LET HIM GO TO MGR SCHOOL AND MAYBE HE COULD LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT RUNNING A TEAM . EXAMPLE bOSTONS GREAT  THREE- FOUR HITTERS WERE MANNY AND PAPI . WHY NOT NOW HAVE IT GONZO AND PAPI. YOUK IS A GREAT PLAYER BUT IS NOT THE HITTER OF EITHER OF THESE TWO
    Posted by badgealbert[/QUOTE]
    I agree.  The Sox are a horrible 9-1 over the last 10 games.  12-2 for the month, and 15-5 over the last 20.
    Unacceptable.  Francona's got to be to blame.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]ellsbury is the most exciting player in baseball and I still hearing idiots downplaying him for the most stupid reasons. IF ANYONE NEEDS A REST IT IS THE IDIOT MGR IN THE DUGOUT. IF ELSBURY NEEDS A REST LET HIM ASK FOR IT .IF FRANCOMA NEEDS A REST LET HIM GO TO MGR SCHOOL AND MAYBE HE COULD LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT RUNNING A TEAM . EXAMPLE bOSTONS GREAT  THREE- FOUR HITTERS WERE MANNY AND PAPI . WHY NOT NOW HAVE IT GONZO AND PAPI. YOUK IS A GREAT PLAYER BUT IS NOT THE HITTER OF EITHER OF THESE TWO
    Posted by badgealbert[/QUOTE]

Now what, another troll joins the group to add hate torward one of the best managers in MLB. Oh well, guess another idiot to put on IGNORE !!

Hetchinspete.