Ellsbury come back player of the year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Ellsbury come back player of the year?

His straw stirred a 2 run Jeter "double" dring, last night, due to his terrible cluless routes on balls hit to the OF. You don't notice defense, Jim. As for offense, the entire roster was hammering AJ.

Don't get used to fawning over Bellsbury on June 9. Crawford almost surely will be his replacement. His Red Sox days will not go on past arbitration. With the new CBA uncertainty, not likely he lasts through 2012 and 2013.  And that will be a good thing for the Red Sox, which will be reluctantly realized after the fact.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury come back player of the year?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury come back player of the year? : thanks for the link boom.  too lazy to get there on my own.  I just rocked 25.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Thanks Space! The team needs all the help they can get. It's pretty easy to replicate the first vote. It takes like 5 minutes max. Come on guys, if you haven't voted let's do it. The Yanks are like ahead in almost every position last I looked! We can't have that!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]The Yanks can flat out not get Ellsbury out.  Softy wants to continue to whine about him.  Great.  But Ellsbury has been the straw that stirs the drink.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]So what is with the Bellsbury thing? I just don't get that at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury come back player of the year? : So what is with the Bellsbury thing? I just don't get that at all.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]It was a nickname that never took off with anybody that Ellsbury got after the 2007 WS. During the 2007 WS Taco Bell had a promtotion where everybody in America would get a free taco if there was a stolen base during the WS. Ellsbury stole a base, Taco Bell gave away free tacos and sojmebody came up with the name Jacoby Bellsbury which did not stick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong, he moves back from where his coaches tell him. Every baseball manager will, from time to time, direct OF'ers to move in, side to side or back. Bellsbury is always creeping deeper and deeper and would need a string to put him the right place. He plays the position scared, and for good reason. -100 points for lack of any baseball knowledge.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

-20 points for no source for this information.  Provide a link to any source that a coach has said he "moves" from where he is placed "to avoid errors" if you want to get this credit back.

Until then, Master Softlaw, you continue to fail.

-Daf. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury come back player of the year? : It was a nickname that never took off with anybody that Ellsbury got after the 2007 WS. During the 2007 WS Taco Bell had a promtotion where everybody in America would get a free taco if there was a stolen base during the WS. Ellsbury stole a base, Taco Bell gave away free tacos and sojmebody came up with the name Jacoby Bellsbury which did not stick.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]Thanks katz.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Gotta love Jacoby's OBP so far (.366).

He's been .380 when slotted first; a big turn around from his career numbers (up to .338 now).

He's been at about .400 the past month.

Yes, he has had trouble vs LHPs this season (.669), but over his career, he has been about equal (.739 vs .771). However, using softy's twisted logic Jacoby has a higher OPS when he starts vs a lefty (.767 to .761).

On another note...

Gotta love the fact that Papi has a higher OPS than even AGon!
    (And, by nearly 50 points!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Provide a link to any source that a coach has said he "moves" from where he is placed "to avoid errors" if you want to get this credit back.

Provide a link to any source that a coach hasn't said he moves from where his placed, to avoid errors.

Until then, Daffy, quack, quack!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I checked last night, Papi OPS is over  1.600 for June. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

On another note, gotta love the fact that Ortiz has higher slash lines metrics v. LHP than RHP. There was a poster who went for years with constant bashing to bench Ortiz v. LHP. That made up about half his posts. The other half were about how good Wakefield is. Now, crickets on Ortiz v. LHP and 99% of his posts are on how good Wakefield is with his near 5 ERA and over 5 ERA since last half of 2009. Just bad luck, since 2009 last half, ERA doesn't mean anything.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]Provide a link to any source that a coach has said he "moves" from where he is placed "to avoid errors" if you want to get this credit back. Provide a link to any source that a coach hasn't said he moves from where his placed, to avoid errors. Until then, Daffy, quack, quack!

-50 points, absence of evidence is not evidence. 

And, yup, DaffyDan has been my handle since 2008.  

I predict it will still be my handle long after yours, along with everything you have typed, has, yet again, been deleted. 

Quack, indeed! 

-Daf. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Unforutnately, spam like yours is a problem and can't always be deleted.

Absence of evidence is indeed evidence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]Absence of evidence is indeed evidence.

That is both one the most elegant examples of circular reasoning* I have ever seen, and an example of an informal fallacy** 

Congratulations, few are capable of being so wrong, on so many levels, with so few words!  

Kudos.

-Daf. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

On another note, gotta love the fact that Ortiz has higher slash lines metrics v. LHP than RHP. There was a poster who went for years with constant bashing to bench Ortiz v. LHP. That made up about half his posts. The other half were about how good Wakefield is. Now, crickets on Ortiz v. LHP and 99% of his posts are on how good Wakefield is with his near 5 ERA and over 5 ERA since last half of 2009. Just bad luck, since 2009 last half, ERA doesn't mean anything.  

No crickets on Papi. I was right about Papi, as he had about a .500 OPS in games I would have sat him last year. I admitted I was wrong about this year at least two time that you responded to, so I know you read them.

Stop the lies and stop bringing down the morality of "modern man" with your vile and hatred. You make such a good rol model for the children of today.