Ellsbury equals Kemp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Ellsbury equals Kemp

Sox have to be prepared to pay Ellsbury 8 years, 160 million just like Kemp got. They have to do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Ellsbury equals Kemp

Kemp have been playing well in the last five years while Ellsbury just had one great year which that was last nite.  

So therefore, he isnt getting the same contract as Kemp.  Maybe 5 years for 75 mm is a reasonable contract.  But good thing, Red Sox still owns him for another two more years.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Ellsbury equals Kemp:
    [QUOTE]Sox have to be prepared to pay Ellsbury 8 years, 160 million just like Kemp got. They have to do it.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

NOT YET... ELLS EARNED $2.4M 2011 SEASON AND YOU ARE THINKING 900% RAISE???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

70% of 160m is @ 112 for 7 years sounds about right...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

whether he ultimately gets it or not remains to be seen, but you can believe thats where boras will probably set the bar when the time comes, if not slightly higher depending on what he does next season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Sox have to be prepared to pay Ellsbury 8 years, 160 million just like Kemp got. They have to do it.

300 million on two lefty Ofers with nothing more than above average overall career median metrics. You are truly clueless. Crawford was mistake #1, only a fool would advocate to double down on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Agreed. I'd like to see Ellsbury put up a couple of similar season, before they break the bank on him.
    Crawford just destroys the OF makeup, on and off the field, with his absurd contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

Elsbury has more native ability than Kemp...especially in the speed dept.  And, he could possibly become a 40/40 man before his career is over.  But, one season does not a career make...so he becomes a f/a after the 2013 season, and will need two more great seasons before he is in the Kemp salary crowd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury equals Kemp:
    [QUOTE]Kemp have been playing well in the last five years while Ellsbury just had one great year which that was last nite.   So therefore, he isnt getting the same contract as Kemp.  Maybe 5 years for 75 mm is a reasonable contract.  But good thing, Red Sox still owns him for another two more years.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

If you use baseball reference career numbers: 

Kemps average WAR per 600 at bats is 4.1 (21.7/3158 *600)

Ellsbury average WAR per 600 abs = 3.7 (13.6/2245 *600) 

If you use fangraphs:

Kemp = 3.64 (19.2/3158*600)

Ellsbury = 4.6 (17.2/2245 *600)

Averaged:

Kemp = 3.87

Ellsbury = 4.15 

Maybe the two's "average" past is closer than you think...

But agree that Jake will be more of a bargain (at least next year).  

-Daf. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The only thing even relatively the same is that they both play CF. Ellsbury is a leadoff guy while Kemp is a 3 or 4 hole hitter. Ells has the speed but Kemp has the arm.
    The power numbers for Ells were pull hitting. He will never have power the opposite way like Kemp does.
    Although I like the HRs from Ells, I hope he stays right where he belongs, in the leadoff spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

not yet...a couple more seasons like last season (or at least close to it) and he'll be equal to Kemp.  Boras will demand a Kemp contract no matter what though especially since the Sox gave Crawford something similiar.  Sox gave him a few years and about 60 mil too much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Someone is going to pay Ells big $'s and it is not going to be the Sox. I do not think we should sign any Mr. Boras's clients. Ells is going to leave the Sox most likely to the phillies, like pap (thats my guess). His value reached the highest peak now and the sox should actively shop him if they can get an ace pitcher like King.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

I dont like the dodgers at all, but you've got to realize Kemp has improved EVERY years, he hit 7, 10, 18, 26, 28 and 39 homeruns, Jacoby hit more than 9 FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Ells is a leadoff hitter so maybe that's not important, but in OPS, Kemp is better easily, besides the sluggers are the ones making big bucks, and CC of course

so I'd wait to see if this was the REAL JACOBY

ah, kemp is a year younger

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury equals Kemp:
    [QUOTE]Someone is going to pay Ells big $'s and it is not going to be the Sox. I do not think we should sign any Mr. Boras's clients. Ells is going to leave the Sox most likely to the phillies, like pap (thats my guess). His value reached the highest peak now and the sox should actively shop him if they can get an ace pitcher like King.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

You may be right that Ellsbury will never sign with the Red Sox.  I wouldn't be surprised if ends up with another MLB team. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If Ellsbury puts up a 2012 that mirrors his 2011....wouldn't he be worth Kemp/Crawford money?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I hope to enjoy watching him play for the Red Sox for the next two years. After that, most likely he will be gone on the FA market. Although I am an unabashed Ells fan, I would not pay him Kemp dollars today. I would need to see him put up numbers similar to 2011 in 12 and 13, then pay him. If we don't, guarantee someone else will.

Sections
Shortcuts