Ellsbury for Braun? Ellsbury for Kemp?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Ellsbury for Braun? Ellsbury for Kemp?

In Response to Re: Ellsbury for Braun? Ellsbury for Kemp?:

Posted by UticaClub

Because you're an easy mark pike.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

If you were the Dodgers would you trade Matt Kemp for Ellsbury and a few others?? Of course not. Why would the Dodgers do that? Our need is bullpen help. Plus we have Kalish and Reddick for the future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury for Braun? Ellsbury for Kemp?:
    In Response to Re: Ellsbury for Braun? Ellsbury for Kemp? : We dont need Ellsbury like some other teams? Is that because we have a gold glove lead off hitting superstar in the making to take his place? You would type anything to make your point about trading Ellsbury look like you know what you are talking about. Why not figure out a way to sign him? Good God howmany home grown superstars do teams bring through the system? Start right now in the signing process.
    Posted by coachzap

1) We have one of the smallest outfields in baseball, so Ells is more valuable to teams with larger parks (e.g. Mets & Mariners) where his speed is more of a factor.

2) We signed a gold-glove all-star left-handed speedster a year ago, and he's with us for 7 more years.  Most expect Crawford to rebound, and there are teams with no outfield speed, or who have to sacrifice speed for power.

3) We are a left-handed heavy lineup.  Look at Milwaukee without Fielder, or CWS.  Do you think Nyjer Morgan or Juan Pierre strike fear into the hearts of right-handed pitchers?

4) Our best OF prospects are left-handed and MLB-ready.  I'm not saying Kalish and Reddick will outperform Ellsbury, but they will be viable platoon options at the very least, and a much better value.  Call me optimistic, but I haven't given up hope for Westmoreland, and I think Hazelbaker has a shot due to his terrific speed and plate discipline.

5) If you take away all of Ellsbury's runs or RBIs, the Sox would still have finished third in all of baseball in runs.  We simply need pitching much more than we need offense.  The converse is true of teams like Atlanta and San Francisco.

Sections
Shortcuts