Ellsbury injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Ellsbury injury

In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury:
    The "hype" is bigger than the player. Has no throwing arm. Take away his speed and he is a below average fielder. Strikes out too much for a leadoff hitter. The shoulder thing is the latest in a string of injuries that make him expendable. I don't see this team going anywhere without a pitching upgrade. This guy has some trade value becuase of his age and the good season he had last year. Get something for him now before he is like Youkilis, worthless as far as trade value goes. We have Byrd, and although he is not a long term solution, he and Sweeney could rotate and give the Sox better defense, and good offense, maybe we sacrifice a little speed and power....but Boston never plays a running game anyway, and we have enough power in the lineup.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Two injuries constitutes "a string?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Not what I want to hear Hank
    Posted by Mchampion

You will never read a single word of praise from Hank, MCH, especially about Ellsbury.  I don't know where he developed his burning hatred of the guy but it is one of the many places he keeps picking his broken banjo.  The only time he even nears being happy is when someone like Ells is suffering in anyway, real or imagined.

But as to Ellsbury's injury, there are dislocations of many types.  Some you can play with, some have more serious issues attached to them.  Give the guy a break,  Sure we could use him,  but I don't get this yammering after or against someone who is injured.  For what ever the reason.  Your whole post is built around the supposition that he is a faker of some kind. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

One thing I hate about Boras clients is he is always tells them to get hurt and miss as many games as they can. Nothing increases a player's value more than that.

Ellsbury isn't perfect, but he's the best outfielder the sox have, and he put up some very good offensive numbers last year. I'll take 32 homers and a .321 average out of any outfielder.

Funny softlaw hasn't called him "no-pop" Ellsbury in a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

In response to "Re: Ellsbury injury":
    In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury : ......what....the.....hell are you talking about?? take away any OF'ers speed and their a below average fielder.. ells has had 2 major injuries in his MLB career and other than that has been extremely durable.. byrd & sweeney will not give you better defense than ellsbury... he did win a gold Glove after all.. plus he gives you a force on the base paths and an unreal leadoff guy.. don't trade him, PAY HIM! Posted by mef429
    Finally, a rational post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

In response to "Re: Ellsbury injury":
    Production isn't measured over one season. Ellsbury is the biggest prima donna in Red Sox history. His cheerleaders have painted themselves into the Ted Williams corner. Ellsbury has been a big loser for the Red Sox, when he's not on the shelf. Beckett has been a winner, which is more than can be said for Ellsbury. Overrated and seeking his FA Crawbust contract, which won't be paid in Boston. Posted by hankwilliamsjr
    Um....were you alive in 2007?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

There you have it, ladies and gents--Beckett is a winner and Ellsbury a loser, courtesy of softlaw. How soon we forget their respective roles in last Septembers collapse when Ellsbury was maybe the best player in the AL and Beckett was, well, a loser in part because he refused to maintain his in season conditioning. Everyone but hankwilliamsjr knows Beckett, blessed with a great arm, is stubborn and stupid and lazy. Ellsbury is always in peak condition except when someone runs into him or lands on top of him. Crawford reportedly is a fitness fanatic, but has missed a lot of games in Boston from physical breakdowns, almost as if he were another JD Drew, softy's favorite Sox outfielder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

lol hank makes himself look more and more foolish with each post. thats why i unblocked him.... sure he has no clue what he is talking about 98% of the time AND hes an arsehole but the entertainment value of his posts..... priceless!

plus he is doing the team a great service... every player he hates on shatters expectations... ellsbury, aviles, "dumpster profile" cody ross..

hank can you do me a favor and hate on lester next? i'm going to bet on his next start

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is very apparent that Ellsbury is sorely missed in the lineup. If you watch the games that is easy to see. I don't know how anyone could deny it. As for Boras , it is easy to dislike him , but he is simply doing his job. His loyalty is to his clients , not to the team.  Of course , he is hard to deal with , but if the Sox don't re-sign Ellsbury , someone surely will.  We always hear how " it is a business " , yet we still often forget that it is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

The Red Sox were 1-5 before ellsbury went down with another boo-boo. They are about .500, since he left.

Ellsbury, Pedroia, Middlebrooks, and Lavarnaway.  That is the core of your team for the next 5 years.

Ellsbury is the "core of your fantasy team", because he'll be gone in less than 2 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Ellsbury's pop is like Erstad, when he's not on the boo-boo shelf. His care median averages show low double and high single digit pop. Can't wait until the next InEpstein signs him on another team's payroll, less than 2 years from now. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

did ellsbury lose those 5 games for us? no

did the pitching staff lose those games for us? yes

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He was off to a terrible start, just like in 2010. I expect his agent has advised him to take as much of the season off as possible, then try and put up numbers in his FA contract year, next year, which will be his last year in Boston.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

And 2011, oh soft one. He was hitting .190/.282/.413 after 19 games last year. Help me, because sometimes my memory gets fuzzy ... how did the rest of Jacoby Ellsbury's 2011 season go?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You will never read a single word of praise from Hank, MCH, especially about Ellsbury.  I don't know where he developed his burning hatred of the guy but it is one of the many places he keeps picking his broken banjo.

I know why:

1) Jacoby went to a left coast "liberal college".
    2) He beat out softy's hero, Crisp, out of a job.
    3) He was not a good fielder early in his career.
    4) He kept proving softy wrong time and time again.***

*** #1 reason.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

You will never read a single word of praise from Hank, MCH, especially about Ellsbury.  I don't know where he developed his burning hatred of the guy but it is one of the many places he keeps picking his broken banjo. I know why: 1) Jacoby went to a left coast "liberal college". 2) He beat out softy's hero, Crisp, out of a job. 3) He was not a good fielder early in his career. 4) He kept proving softy wrong time and time again.*** *** #1 reason.
    Posted by moonslav59

maybe ellsbury bullied him when they were in school..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In 2011 Ellsbury was the most reliable hitter on the ballclub with men on base. On any other team he'd be hitting 3rd, and driving in as many runs as anyone in thegame. You guys are so prejudiced, it's almost like we're back in the "busing" days. Lay off the man; he rehabed the way he should have, and that happened to be someplace other the dugout---so what?

Put it behind you, or we'll lose another all-star because a few people don't like his attitude. Or, maybe, because of the way he parts his hair. Or chews gum. Or has stopped running into outfield walls to catch balls he could'nt get to if he was 12 feet tall.

Sometimes I think some of you are about 12 yhears old.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

The "hype" is bigger than the player. Has no throwing arm. Take away his speed and he is a below average fielder. Strikes out too much for a leadoff hitter. The shoulder thing is the latest in a string of injuries that make him expendable. I don't see this team going anywhere without a pitching upgrade. This guy has some trade value becuase of his age and the good season he had last year. Get something for him now before he is like Youkilis, worthless as far as trade value goes. We have Byrd, and although he is not a long term solution, he and Sweeney could rotate and give the Sox better defense, and good offense, maybe we sacrifice a little speed and power....but Boston never plays a running game anyway, and we have enough power in the lineup.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

So you would trade away an MVP caliber type player just entering the prime of his career !! You can't be real. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Ellsbury is at his best when he is nursing a boo-boo. He's good for one season's work for 3 years of pay.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

One thing I hate about Boras clients is he is always tells them to get hurt and miss as many games as they can. Nothing increases a player's value more than that. Ellsbury isn't perfect, but he's the best outfielder the sox have, and he put up some very good offensive numbers last year. I'll take 32 homers and a .321 average out of any outfielder. Funny softlaw hasn't called him "no-pop" Ellsbury in a while.
    Posted by MikeNagy

Mike, 

Your second sentence is correct but your first is rather idiotic. How would you know what the conversations are between Boras and his clients. I hope you're being sarcastic !! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Ellsbury is at his best when he is nursing a boo-boo. He's good for one season's work for 3 years of pay.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Actually Ellsbury was at his best last season. A separated shoulder is hardly a "boo-boo".  Let's see how he does when he returns.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury : Mike,  Your second sentence is correct but your first is rather idiotic. How would you know what the conversations are between Boras and his clients. I hope you're being sarcastic !! 
    Posted by Hetchinspete

Yes, I thought the sarcasm was obvious. I don't like Boras, but think some of the conspiracies he's accused of are pretty far fetched.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

You are either going to like him or not but the fact is he is Boston's best OFer by a wide margin. Now we have some youngsters looking like they will eventually be solid Bradley and Brentzs in particular but for now he is our offense in the OF. Ross is nice but he isn't generally what I want out of my RFer.
    I hope they find a way to keep him and Ells finds a way to keep on the field. I like his hard play but maybe just have some better luck. This team is so different with him on it performing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think we are about 4 weeks into a 6-10 week timetable.

So expect him back in 2-6 weeks.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I think we are about 4 weeks into a 6-10 week timetable. So expect him back in 2-6 weeks.  
    Posted by Drewski5

They moved him to the 60 day dl, so a minimum of 4 more weeks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Ellsbury's pop is like Erstad, when he's not on the boo-boo shelf. His care median averages show low double and high single digit pop. Can't wait until the next InEpstein signs him on another team's payroll, less than 2 years from now. 
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Just saw where your mancrush guy Kemp is on the "boo boo shelf" for a little old hamstring.  Kind of wussy, isn't he?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Posted by hankwilliamsjr

You think Ellsbury and his overlord Scotty B think it is a good idea to milk a boo-boo in the cash-in year?  Doesn't make any sense.  If Ellsbury/Boras is the 'union slug', 'arby-clock-milking', greedy sloth you make him out to be, wouldn't it be in his best interest to turn on the jets in this year of all years, and then milk the boo-boos?

Sections
Shortcuts