Ellsbury injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Ellsbury injury

In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury : Just saw where your mancrush guy Kemp is on the "boo boo shelf" for a little old hamstring.  Kind of wussy, isn't he?
    Posted by illinoisredsox[/QUOTE]

HEY! Kemp was/is MY mancrush!

And, yes, he currently is DLed with a bad hammy. The reason people don't say anything about him is this, his games played for the past 4 seasons:

2008: 155
    2009: 159
    2010: 162
    2011: 161

And he just snapped a 400+ games played streak, or maybe it was just shy of 400, either way. Durability and willingness to play through pain have never been anywhere close to the "Kemp Complaints" list.

I get you were just trying to beat hank at his own game, but it's not a very good comparison for your angle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

You think Ellsbury and his overlord Scotty B think it is a good idea to milk a boo-boo in the cash-in year

Space, the cash-in year isn't until next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

The move ended Kemp's streak of 399 consecutive games played, which was highest among active players.

Let's not compare Kemp to "play it on one big hop in front or behind" Ellsbury. I doubt Kemp will be out months;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]You think Ellsbury and his overlord Scotty B think it is a good idea to milk a boo-boo in the cash-in year Space, the cash-in year isn't until next year.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

oh, ok, thanks.  nevermind then.  duh.  i blame my slow brain on spacegirl, who was up all night with a croup cough.  Plus, her agent is scott boras.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Ack! So sorry to hear that hombre. You know that means an all Ivy League education with no junior college to help defray costs. Heck, her jeans costs alone during high school years would cripple most family budgets! Our prayers are with you Space.

AIn Response to Re: Ellsbury injury:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury : oh, ok, thanks.  nevermind then.  duh.  i blame my slow brain on spacegirl, who was up all night with a croup cough.  Plus, her agent is scott boras.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Ack! So sorry to hear that hombre. You know that means an all Ivy League education with no junior college to help defray costs. Heck, her jeans costs alone during high school years would cripple most family budgets! Our prayers are with you Space. A In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury :
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

the only saving grace is we still have her under papa and mama control for another five years or so thanks to the new parent-toddler collective bargaining agreement.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]The move ended Kemp's streak of 399 consecutive games played, which was highest among active players. Let's not compare Kemp to "play it on one big hop in front or behind" Ellsbury. I doubt Kemp will be out months;)

I would hope note.  No one ran into Kemp.  His injury is self-induced. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Your reading comprehension befits the drivel you posted. Ellsbury's injuries are the type where other players are out a few days or week or two. For psychosomatic and milking agent and Ellsbury, a stubbed toe is worth a season of pay and no work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Your reading comprehension befits the drivel you posted. Ellsbury's injuries are the type where other players are out a few days or week or two. For psychosomatic and milking agent and Ellsbury, a stubbed toe is worth a season of pay and no work.
    He had broken ribs and a major shoulder injury. You have to be trolling right now because this is far to much even for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Major shoulder injuries require surgery.

Hard to find many players who don't keep playing with broken ribs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Major shoulder injuries require surgery. Hard to find many players who don't keep playing with broken ribs.
    This is non sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Hank's right - he went down in April and was still "feeling it" in December.  How many bones take 8 months to heal?  Did he have a cracked rib or a bun in the oven?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Hank's right - he went down in April and was still "feeling it" in December.  How many bones take 8 months to heal?  Did he have a cracked rib or a bun in the oven?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

There is a LOT of speculation about milking the injury, or 2 injuries, or misdiagnsis...but really, there is only one FACT pertaining to Ellsbury's ib injury(ies):

He was out more time than anyone in the history of professional sports with a comparable injury.

That is the only thing not debatable. All research suggested, at most, a 10 week rehab. He was decidedly longer than that, in comes the multiple injury/misdiagnosis questions. Ellsbury claims the back ribs were missed, which should have still had him back at around 10 weeks. Some fans have claimed it was a new injury, though there is nothing to support that other than a second on-field collision (with the ground).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]You think Ellsbury and his overlord Scotty B think it is a good idea to milk a boo-boo in the cash-in year Space, the cash-in year isn't until next year.

Next year is his final before FA, but it could be argued that 10/11/12 were/are all cash-in years as they each had/will have a bearing on what his arb number is.  Not to mention each will be a part of the big cash in i.e. was he consistent, durable, etc. over the previous few years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury : Next year is his final before FA, but it could be argued that 10/11/12 were/are all cash-in years as they each had/will have a bearing on what his arb number is.  Not to mention each will be a part of the big cash in i.e. was he consistent, durable, etc. over the previous few years.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

MLB should initiate an "Ellsbury Rule" whereby if a player loses more than a year on the DL, he has another arb year added on. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Next year is his final before FA, but it could be argued that 10/11/12 were/are all cash-in years as they each had/will have a bearing on what his arb number is

Losing argument. FA market is about age, current physical condition and performance in the year preceeding the FA bidding process.