Ellsbury played hurt for the whole post season??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Ellsbury played hurt for the whole post season??

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/10/31/report-jacoby-ellsbury-to-have-mri-after-playing-with-injured-hand/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Ellsbury played hurt for the whole post season??

Where are all the people who said Ellsbury is soft?

Ridiculous.  He's not Crawford, he's not Drew and he's not Clay......He's a rock and will continue to play hard.  Hope we sign him (6/100).......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Maybe that explains the power.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The morons (Softy) will say it's because he's a primadonna and only played because it's a contract year.....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Whether he stays or goes, I'll wish him well. He was an integral part of 2 championship teams and for long-suffering Sox fans that's insanely incredible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Not all injuries are created equal, I'm sure if he had several cracked ribs he'd be riding the bench

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not all injuries are created equal, I'm sure if he had several cracked ribs he'd be riding the bench

[/QUOTE]

Yup, we got way too many internet doctors in here, sharp enough to diagnose a guy with an X-ray, and MRI or an interview.

The haters were jumping on Buchholz also, before he shut them up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The haters were jumping on Buchholz also, before he shut them up."

except for a dope who started an anti-Clay thread the night we won the championship...sigh. 

Anyhow I like Ells, I doubt we can re-sign him......I do see Boras (his agent) pushing the injury news hard in the media but Ells is still a good player, I suspect he will price himself out of this city though

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/10/31/report-jacoby-ellsbury-to-have-mri-after-playing-with-injured-hand/

[/QUOTE]

Did it dawn on anybody that the injury leak source was his agent Scott Boras and he might just be setting up his client for a bigger payday. Ells didn't seem bothered by this so called injury in the earlier rounds.

Boras also leaked that Drew was fitted for contact's just before game 6.

Strange considering Drew was ripping the ball in August and September.

Is Boras suggesting Drew's eyesight was why he had a poor postseason at the plate.

Or is he making excuses for his free agent client?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

except for a dope who started an anti-Clay thread the night we won the championship...sigh. 

Anyhow I like Ells, I doubt we can re-sign him......I do see Boras (his agent) pushing the injury news hard in the media but Ells is still a good player, I suspect he will price himself out of this city though

[/QUOTE]

That's fine with me.  I like Ells, but I think it is a mistake to sign FAs in general, and another mistake to sign them if we have reasonable prospects in the minors.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's fine with me.  I like Ells, but I think it is a mistake to sign FAs in general, and another mistake to sign them if we have reasonable prospects in the minors.

[/QUOTE]

Is JBJ reasonable at this point? Im not dumping on the kid, but he didnt impress me one bit in his short stints up here. Theres a possibility we have 4 guys (I can think of) who have never played a fulled year in MLB yet, with a solid chance at a 25-man roster spot in 2014 and starting.

Middy, Xander, JBJ, Workman. 2 up the middle positions. I think there will be a few defensive issues, but Im pretty sure Bogey can handle the offense too. Middy and JBJ have yet to prove themselves IMO.

FA are Ok, if you are smart about it. Like what Ben did this year. If your going to spend some $$, at least you know Ells can play under the most pressure filled situations and has performed. He fits well in this environment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Tired of hearing about Ellsbury's medical and mental issues.  It's always something with him...  Let him walk!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did it dawn on anybody that the injury leak source was his agent Scott Boras and he might just be setting up his client for a bigger payday. Ells didn't seem bothered by this so called injury in the earlier rounds.

Is Boras suggesting Drew's eyesight was why he had a poor postseason at the plate.

[/QUOTE]

he is making an excuse.  Remember Drew wore contacts for years, and I am sure he goes to the eye doctor every time he struggled for a bit during the MLB season.  So I know that it is not his first time that he went to the doctor for a correction.

Boras is just buying this excuse to try to get Drew a huge contract.

Look at Boras mouthing off already for Ellsbury, and none of his words doesnt even make any sense!!

Ben C. is not an idiot and know how to just nod at Boras and laugh at him cuz Ben C. stayed away from most Boras's clients, and still Bosto won it all while all Boras's clients struggled with their new or old team.  But I do know that Boras didnt care about that cuz all he care about making good money for himself!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I say bring back Ells but not at the inflated dollars that Boras talks about.  Who knows?  May be Ells will surprise everyone and opt to stay in Boston even if the Evil Empire hands him the keys to the vault!

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champions???!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

We all know Borass always gets a plyer more than he is worth.

After dumping salary on Los Angeles Dodgers and turning the team around with hardworking , under-the-radar type players...can John Henry really....I mean really spend like a drunken sailor for an average centerfielder who has no throwing arm , made key error, and almost got picked off?

Other than his speed, I fail to see the fascination with Ellsbury.

I'd keep him for a small change, but when they start talking huge $$$$, I have to let him go.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

.297 lifetime BA, I find that fascinating.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he is making an excuse.  Remember Drew wore contacts for years, and I am sure he goes to the eye doctor every time he struggled for a bit during the MLB season.  So I know that it is not his first time that he went to the doctor for a correction.

Boras is just buying this excuse to try to get Drew a huge contract.

Look at Boras mouthing off already for Ellsbury, and none of his words doesnt even make any sense!!

Ben C. is not an idiot and know how to just nod at Boras and laugh at him cuz Ben C. stayed away from most Boras's clients, and still Bosto won it all while all Boras's clients struggled with their new or old team.  But I do know that Boras didnt care about that cuz all he care about making good money for himself!!

[/QUOTE]

Being just a bit cynical about Boras, Drew, and the contacts, this "leak" brings up more questions than it answered.

1)  Did Drew wear contacts before this visit to the eye doctor?

2)  If he DID wear contacts, did the doctor change his prescription?

As you can see, I wouldn't put it past Scott Boras to "lead people astray" a bit with something that IS  the truth (Drew visited the eye doctor) but it had no bearing on what actually happened. 

Or maybe not. But I still don't trust the guy.  (Boras)  Smile

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We all know Borass always gets a plyer more than he is worth.

After dumping salary on Los Angeles Dodgers and turning the team around with hardworking , under-the-radar type players...can John Henry really....I mean really spend like a drunken sailor for an average centerfielder who has no throwing arm , made key error, and almost got picked off?

Other than his speed, I fail to see the fascination with Ellsbury.

I'd keep him for a small change, but when they start talking huge $$$$, I have to let him go.

[/QUOTE]

An average CF?  He has the 4th highest WAR for CF this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

As you can see, I wouldn't put it past Scott Boras to "lead people astray" a bit with something that IS  the truth (Drew visited the eye doctor) but it had no bearing on what actually happened. 

It's not really going to make any difference.  Teams that need a SS won't care too much about the playoffs.  He has a career .611 playoff OPS.  Considering that's usually against very good pitching, that will be enough.

The storyline will be that he got beaned, so he started off behind everyone, and had a .811 OPS after April, with a great glove.

Sections
Shortcuts