Ellsbury speaks about his injury last year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: Ellsbury speaks about his injury last year

In Response to Re: Ellsbury speaks about his injury last year:
    Look what teams got for 2 month rentals this year. I say Theo will hold onto Ellsbury until at least the winter of 2012-2013. I don't see softy's fantasy even being close to reality (Ells and a prospect for Kemp with an extension) Depending on the economy in 2 years, maybe Theo can and will outbid everyone for Jacoby. 
    Posted by moonslav59
    There are at least three variables: Ellsbury's performance and health in the near future; his attitude about staying in Boston; Theo's attitude about keeping him. 
    Of course, money and who might be available in a trade will play big. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

More variables ex...

1) Upcoming prospects development.
    What if Kalish and Reddick (or someone else) turn into studs?

2) Will there still be comp picks for losing type A's?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I believe there will be compensation for Type A, the vast majority of the clubs need that to maintain competitive balance and the MLBPA at this point isn't going to fight too much of anything status quo.

Either way the RS will deal with the Ellsbury thing at a later date. There is nothing wrong with bringing up young kids, playing them through their arbitration years and then moving on to the next kid.

I have taken Jacoby's side in many a Softy bash, even after I figured out what that was all about. I like him as a player. I think he is a pretty good guy to have on your roster. But I am not going to assume that he is a .875 OPS guy because he is having a career 2/3 of a year.

Put the CC thing aside, because as my dad always told me two wrongs don't make a right. Extending him right now would be insane even if his agent would entertain it and recommend it to Jacoby. Grady Sizemore anyone?

He is under the RS control and if I were to fret about FA during the season and wreck the joy of hot stove season, Jacoby isn't the guy to worry about.

This ownership group and its staff have brought unparalleled success in RS history to us. They will figure this one out I trust and unless there was a "Pedey-Youk" deal to be had I am sure they aren't in a hurry to sign him or trade him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I believe there will be compensation for Type A, the vast majority of the clubs need that to maintain competitive balance and the MLBPA at this point isn't going to fight too much of anything status quo.

The thing has not worked like expected. it has turned out that many of the comp picks are going to the better teams like Boston. I think They may make adjustments.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

More variables ex... 1) U pcoming prospects development. What if Kalish and Reddick (or someone else) turn into studs? 2) Will there still be comp picks for losing type A's?
    Posted by moonslav59
    Right, it goes without saying that if the Sox think they can equal or better Ellsbury's production from within and at a huge savings, he will be gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I believe there will be compensation for Type A, the vast majority of the clubs need that to maintain competitive balance and the MLBPA at this point isn't going to fight too much of anything status quo. Either way the RS will deal with the Ellsbury thing at a later date. There is nothing wrong with bringing up young kids, playing them through their arbitration years and then moving on to the next kid. I have taken Jacoby's side in many a Softy bash, even after I figured out what that was all about. I like him as a player. I think he is a pretty good guy to have on your roster. But I am not going to assume that he is a .875 OPS guy because he is having a career 2/3 of a year. Put the CC thing aside, because as my dad always told me two wrongs don't make a right. Extending him right now would be insane even if his agent would entertain it and recommend it to Jacoby. Grady Sizemore anyone? He is under the RS control and if I were to fret about FA during the season and wreck the joy of hot stove season, Jacoby isn't the guy to worry about. This ownership group and its staff have brought unparalleled success in RS history to us. They will figure this one out I trust and unless there was a "Pedey-Youk" deal to be had I am sure they aren't in a hurry to sign him or trade him.
    Posted by fivekatz
    Exactly, Ellsbury still has a lot of games to play.  Ortiz and Papelbon are first in line. But there is no statute of limitations in the hot stove league. It can stretch back to Williams/DiMaggio and further, and forwards to the team name on Ellsbury's uni in 2014, if not before. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I believe there will be compensation for Type A, the vast majority of the clubs need that to maintain competitive balance and the MLBPA at this point isn't going to fight too much of anything status quo. The thing has not worked like expected. it has turned out that many of the comp picks are going to the better teams like Boston. I think They may make adjustments.
    Posted by moonslav59
    That's a MLB issue and in the end you can't mess too much with any one class of owners to the benefit of the rest and expect to have owner unity. It just doesn't feel like an issue on the table.

To me it will be about the owners wanting to expand the draft to international players and to have fixed draft sloting and the players trying to hold firm. Bigger issue than a team like Boston getting picks in the 20's when others like Detroit and Texas and the NYM sign walk away FAs.

I could be wrong but that's my take.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts